Weed Seedling Day 17 Slow growth and powdery yellowish green leaf

• Thread starter Jason.S007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jason.S007

So this is a Northern Light x White Widow cross feminized and it's in organic compost at the moment Day 17 I feel like it's way too small, not much height either and the stem is still very thin do my leaves look healthy? It's my first grow and I'm not sure if I should start giving it a light feed with Flora series nutrients please help guys like I said it's my first ever grow Also one of my leaves have turned powdery light greenish yellow what's that all about?

Weed seedling day 17 slow growth and powdery yellowish green leaf
Weed seedling day 17 slow growth and powdery yellowish green leaf 2
Weed seedling day 17 slow growth and powdery yellowish green leaf 3
Zuna206

Zuna206

Whats the grow environment like? any drain holes on the pot? fans going? humidity? hours of light? ph level of the water? and are you using tap water? (really just depends on your local tap water), are you allowing the soil to dry out before watering again? Theres a lot of things that could be contributing to the issues. A little more info on your set up would be help a lot with trying to help you.

J

Jason.S007

Whats the grow environment like? any drain holes on the pot? fans going? humidity? hours of light? ph level of the water? and are you using tap water? (really just depends on your local tap water), are you allowing the soil to dry out before watering again? Theres a lot of things that could be contributing to the issues. A little more info on your set up would be help a lot with trying to help you.
So I have a couple drain holes but I never see water going all the down and coming out of those holes maybe my compost is too compacted I dont know and im doing 18/6 light schedule and I have a water filtration system in my house so I dont use tap water and Its recommended to change the filter for the water every 3 months but I change it every 30 days and I have a 6 inch desk fan in my closet grow box since it's not that big and I'm only growing 1 plant and I live in a pretty dry and hot climate which is why I have an air conditioner unit running for half of the day maybe even more

J

Jason.S007

Well I have not yet used my bottled Flora series yet so I'm guessing this soil is way too strong? I do have about 5KG of Coco Coir is there any way to transplant it into a 1 gallon pot with only Coco and perlite and some how ditch the compost? Like take it out of the cup and plant it in with just the roots and not the compost that is around the roots if that makes sense and I'm using a Mars Hydro 300 LED

Zuna206

Zuna206

you probably have root rot, some Mycorrhizae would definitely help! preferably the kind that promotes healthy roots like Great White premium mycorrhizae. idk what exactly your medium is made of but you may want to look in to a potting mix that has coco coir in it because its more aerated and has better drainage. typically if you dont see much run off from your plants and you know that you watered it enough for it to have more run off than what came out, you are looking at poor drainage and your roots are probably staying to wet too long which will cause root rot. Applying Mycorrhizae like the one i suggested to the top soil before you water or even just add it straight to your water will reverse the root rot but you're going to need to repot that plant ASAP before you apply the Mycorrhizae. I'd say buy a good potting mix that has bat guano or worm castings along with coco and a few other ingredients and when you go to transplant break up the root ball and sprinkle the mycorrhizae on the roots as much as you can and then plant & water. it may take some time to bounce back but as long as you apply the mycos and transplant it into some better draining soil/medium you should be alright! I added a link to the mycos i recommend.
https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-...prefix=great+white,aps,257&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

J

Jason.S007

you probably have root rot, some Mycorrhizae would definitely help! preferably the kind that promotes healthy roots like Great White premium mycorrhizae. idk what exactly your medium is made of but you may want to look in to a potting mix that has coco coir in it because its more aerated and has better drainage. typically if you dont see much run off from your plants and you know that you watered it enough for it to have more run off than what came out, you are looking at poor drainage and your roots are probably staying to wet too long which will cause root rot. Applying Mycorrhizae like the one i suggested to the top soil before you water or even just add it straight to your water will reverse the root rot but you're going to need to repot that plant ASAP before you apply the Mycorrhizae. I'd say buy a good potting mix that has bat guano or worm castings along with coco and a few other ingredients and when you go to transplant break up the root ball and sprinkle the mycorrhizae on the roots as much as you can and then plant & water. it may take some time to bounce back but as long as you apply the mycos and transplant it into some better draining soil/medium you should be alright! I added a link to the mycos i recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-...prefix=great+white,aps,257&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
Is there any way to get rid of my compost? While transplanting into pure coco? Like let's say I take my my plant out of the cup and then break the soil around my plant so im holding on to a plant with roots showing and then bury that into 1 gallon of pure coco and perlite?

Zuna206

Zuna206

Is there any way to get rid of my compost? While transplanting into pure coco? Like let's say I take my my plant out of the cup and then break the soil around my plant so im holding on to a plant with roots showing and then bury that into 1 gallon of pure coco and perlite?
you CAN do that dont get me wrong, butttttt you will risk loosing your plant all together, since it is still pretty young and probably only has the main taproot as its main source of water/nutrient uptake, you have the chance of completely ruining the taproot/root system when you try and remove all of the dirt... what i advice you to do is just transplant it into a better breathable/drainage soil/medium. Id take the plant out, break up the root ball to the point where there are chunks of air pockets inside of the root ball, sprinkle the mycos on the roots/rootball and then transplant it while somewhat mixing some of the new medium/soil into the rootball. That is your best bet unless you really want to risk loosing your plant all together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom