Weed turned dark orange after drying, smells sorta weird, maybe?

• Thread starter Criterion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Criterion

I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with this bud, and I'm not sure if it has any mold. It doesn't seem to have it like in the pictures I see online. It smells sorta odd, not sure how to describe it. But any thoughts?

Pictures posted.

Weed turned dark orange after drying smells sorta weird maybe
Weed turned dark orange after drying smells sorta weird maybe 2
Weed turned dark orange after drying smells sorta weird maybe 3
C

Criterion

I'd say at least 50% of the bud was orange before I dried it. It was in flowering for five weeks.
And that purple I'm not sure is bod rot. I think it's like, purple leaves?

Madbud

Madbud

How odd is the smell? Mold smells like peatmoss, a damp mildew smell, aspergillis looks like cotton threads, butrytis is grey and crumbles. It looks like some aspergillis starting but its not clear.

C

Criterion

How odd is the smell? Mold smells like peatmoss, a damp mildew smell, aspergillis looks like cotton threads, butrytis is grey and crumbles. It looks like some aspergillis starting but its not clear.

Pretty odd. I don't know how peatmoss smells like. But it's a, very unnatural gross kinda smell. It doesn't seem sweet, or anything like that. It's hard to exactly describe the smell other than very odd. Not really like cat piss. But it doesn't smell like what it's suppose to like when it's dried?

Here's some other images if it helps:

Bud4
Bud5
Bud6
Bud7
Bud8
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'd say at least 50% of the bud was orange before I dried it. It was in flowering for five weeks.
And that purple I'm not sure is bod rot. I think it's like, purple leaves?
Again if you only flowered it for 5 weeks you took it early and the pistils turned orange when you dried it

If they were half orange like you say then you likely had some problems going on during the grow that caused that much oranging that soon

but that is much less important than the rot, and I do think I see Bud rot

Not 100% positive, but I wouldn't smoke it, or would at least recommend trying to cut out all those suspected spots

what happens when you cut into those necrotic looking spots?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if you have doubt,just make hash from it,ive never had weed smell like cat piss thats for sure

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Seeing a lot of white furry stuff in that last photo, you need to look closer.
Agree^ I see white fuzz in your latest pictures and also dark necrotic spots. I wouldn't smoke or use that bud and I definitely wouldn't give it to anybody else, sorry for the bad luck

20191119 085245

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

Here’s a moldy bud from my last grow. It’s starts inside the bud and grows outward. You have to look close or you’ll miss it.

A1252903 4662 4634 8B9C 70D56A9A37B5
C

Criterion

Seeing a lot of white furry stuff in that last photo, you need to look closer.

Like, I think it's mostly the lighting so far that's been pointed out. Or else I'm just an amateur at figuring it out.

*Sigh* I wish I knew. Like what, do I need a microscope?

C

Criterion

Here’s a moldy bud from my last grow. It’s starts inside the bud and grows outward. You have to look close or you’ll miss it.

Like mine doesn't look like that. I can clearly see like a mill-dewy presence there.

C

Criterion

if you have doubt,just make hash from it,ive never had weed smell like cat piss thats for sure
How do you make hash? And I heard melting mold doesn't help? It still survives?

It also doesn't smell like cat piss. It smells just a very weird smell.

Seraphine

Seraphine

It’ll look fuzzy and if you break the bud apart, you might catch a glimpse of “dust” poofing out from the bud. The dust is actually spores.

C

Criterion

It’ll look fuzzy and if you break the bud apart, you might catch a glimpse of “dust” poofing out from the bud. The dust is actually spores.

Yeah, I don't see that, though. I'm not sure if fuzzy is the right way to describe it either.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree^ I see white fuzz in your latest pictures and also dark necrotic spots. I wouldn't smoke or use that bud and I definitely wouldn't give it to anybody else, sorry for the bad luck

View attachment 911864
if not fuzz then what would you call this? I mean you're there seeing it I'm only seeing a picture but to me it doesn't look like trichomes

and what about the dark spots?
1) I suspect the orange are the pistils that were white because the bud was harvested too early, and they turned orange after drying

2) not sure from the picture but I would check carefully for mold/rot
View attachment 911753

C

Criterion

The dark spots are, as I said, purple leaves.

And the whites spots is just the light reflecting off the weed. Although, I did, I think, see a very light amount of stick substances inside the bud.

Do you guys think this is due to higher internal temperatures? Is early-mid 80F too much for the plants?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The dark spots are, as I said, purple leaves.

And the whites spots is just the light reflecting off the weed. Although, I did, I think, see a very light amount of stick substances inside the bud.

Do you guys think this is due to higher internal temperatures? Is early-mid 80F too much for the plants?
I've seen purple leaves..
20190307 201637

I guess you want to hear that it's okay? Good luck, hope the next grow works out better for you!

Top Bottom