• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I haven't seen a bag of weed with seeds in ages

I have often thought that some growers and dispensary's should sell good top self type weed with seeds in it...

I would buy it for the seeds and the weed would be a bonus,,,or vise versa :)

They might even be able to charge a little more for it than the weed without the seeds...

what do you folks think?

I

iamachavvy

Pick the seed, keep the weed.

I hate getting weed and having a load of seeds in it.

But then again you could just look at the plus side of having a load of seeds to grow :)

L

LBZ Farmer

We can trade... I will give you all my weed with seeds and you give me equal amounts of top shelf good stuff.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I haven't seen a bag of weed with seeds in ages

I have often thought that some growers and dispensary's should sell good top self type weed with seeds in it...

I would buy it for the seeds and the weed would be a bonus,,,or vise versa :)

They might even be able to charge a little more for it than the weed without the seeds...

what do you folks think?

seen it at dispensaries, they usually charge less as this is seen to the general public as a bad thing. reminds to many ppl of the brick weed. plus those seeds could be hermi prone, dont wanna grow those!

confu/.

did u get some seeds in ur outdoor crop?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

Naww...I hope I never do...I was just thinking that good seeds cost too much and I would like some free ones somehow...lol

deacon1503

deacon1503

I don't feel that 1 bad ass dark hard seed, even per 1/2, is a bad thing at all. It shows the plants maturity/ripeness. I see a seed like that as a bonus, dispensary or not. Now if there's a shit ton of white prematures that's a different story, i feel that leans more towards grower error.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
seen it at dispensaries, they usually charge less as this is seen to the general public as a bad thing. reminds to many ppl of the brick weed. plus those seeds could be hermi prone, dont wanna grow those!

confu/.

Not only that, but how much of the weight could be due to the seeds? That's difficult to account for. And then we have the mythos surrounding seeded weed, that it's less potent or a lower quality simply because it's seeded.

The only seeded weed I've ever gotten was either grown in Mexico (that lovely brick weed) or by very lazy growers. All the seedstock from the lazy growers is hermi-prone seed, in a serious way.

I personally don't see it working, especially not if your idea is to charge people more for the seeded weed. Everyone wants sinsemilla.

Blaze

Blaze

Not only that, but how much of the weight could be due to the seeds? That's difficult to account for. And then we have the mythos surrounding seeded weed, that it's less potent or a lower quality simply because it's seeded.

Seeds are very, very heavy - far more heavy than bud. They can add a LOT of weight - as much as twice.

I would tend to agree with that mythos as well. The bud that comes of the seed branches I do is always crap compared to the non-seeded buds IMO. I usually just end up making it into butter, even for hash it is not all that great. When the plant is producing seeds then it is not putting energy into producing flowers and trichomes.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I disagree that seeded bud is somehow less potent. That`s just not true.Seeded bud doesn`t produce as much bud. It does weigh more than unseeded bud and is suspect to being hermi prone, but I`ve also got great bag seed before that was wonderful to grow. All in all I gess it depends if there is very little seed,it`s mature seed,and it doesn`t hermi on ya it`s a good thing ,other wise not.As a breeder I really like to know what I`m growing and bag seed is just a risk. However many a strain has been discovered in bag weed or so it`s said. I`m also not so sure about that because it may also be breeders not wanting to list what genetics were in seeds so they just say it`s from unknown bag seed?

V

vancerz

I love seeded weed of strains I dont have any access to like alien dawg grown by obsol33t(think thats how he spells it) or a nice malawi gold and a few ogs just to name a few, I have gotten good representations of the originals and most often they turn out to be females in my limited experience of probably 20 -30 or so random bag seed that I have gotten from clubs. I wouldn't commit a whole grow to seeded bud but It can pay off.

Top Bottom