Week 1 Of Flower Questions! Please Help

• Thread starter Thetown510
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thetown510

Hello everyone,
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. Long time reader first time poster. I finally decided to start growing after prices just went crazy here in the Bay Area for meds. Looking for some advice from you growers to help guide me through this.

My current issues:
Vegged for 28 days clones different strains. put the girls in to flower 2 days ago. 3 days ago I started seeing some rusting brown spots on 4 of my 9 plants. Found no bugs at all in tent. All on the top leaves Looks to be getting a little worse will post close up photos below. Growing in 3 gallon fabric pots, pure coco, watering every other day until 10-15% run off and using jacks hydro 321 exact formula with occasional cal mag,Tap water 35-40ppm.
The 2 growers I based my grow off are greengenes and cannucks from YouTube.
Any help is greatly appreciated I want this grow to go well .

Things I did yesterday to try and trouble shoot these plants:
Light flush half nutrients 700ppm (I use tap water that is around 35-40ppm)

Checked first run off captured from these plants was
6.5-6.7
PPm 1500-1700

Grow set up:
5x5 amazon tent
Mehzi and mars hydro reflector LED getting 840 true watts.
6in in-line fan carbon filter
8inch passive Intake
1 box fan , 1 oscillating fan
Ceramic thermostat heater
1g plastic veg pot
3g fabric flower pots (currently in)
Hand watering until 10-15% run off
30 gallon reservoir
Ph 5.8
1400ppm

nutrients:
Jacks 321
Cal mag
Great white
Tap water 35-40ppm

Strains:
2x sour tangie
2x blackjack
2x sunset sherbet
1xchocolate grape diesel
1x strawberry banana
1x blackberry fire
( future I won’t be growing so many different strains)

Week 1 of flower questions please help
Week 1 of flower questions please help 2
Week 1 of flower questions please help 3
Week 1 of flower questions please help 4
Week 1 of flower questions please help 5
Enforcer

Enforcer

IMHO, you would benefit from lowering the ph to between 5.5-6.0. Reduce the ppm to under 600 and water daily. I think you have a lockout issue that is causing the plant not to uptake calcium.

I’m growing in the same medium as you. Currently in 2 gallon pots, fed 500ppm twice a day. Ph between 5.6-6.1. Just started week 4 veg from clone.

1E530C61 8287 4C63 B9B7 660D1631E948
Dutchcity

Dutchcity

I would be putting cal mag in every other feeding for 7 days in a row then back it to every 3 days. Especially if your flushing. Definetly a lockout issue

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

You are in coco? Are you letting them dry out like soil before watering again? If so don’t.
Welcome to the farm. We’re from the same neck of the woods

T

Thetown510

You are in coco? Are you letting them dry out like soil before watering again? If so don’t.
I was watering every other day. Because my work schedule. I’m going to try and start watering every day at least. I haven’t let them get bone dry always water until run off.

T

Thetown510

I would be putting cal mag in every other feeding for 7 days in a row then back it to every 3 days. Especially if your flushing. Definetly a lockout issue
Sorry for the late responses I truly appreciate the help. Used cal mag for a week straight. Now every other feeding. Going into week 3 now. Plants have no burns or anything all the growth looks helthy.

T

Thetown510

IMHO, you would benefit from lowering the ph to between 5.5-6.0. Reduce the ppm to under 600 and water daily. I think you have a lockout issue that is causing the plant not to uptake calcium.

I’m growing in the same medium as you. Currently in 2 gallon pots, fed 500ppm twice a day. Ph between 5.6-6.1. Just started week 4 veg from clone.
Thanks for sharing. I lowered the Pom same week I was having. The issue it’s been shot 10 days now and everything looks great. Think it bit off a little more then I can chew for the first time around haha.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

In those pots try to feed daily at least. It’s coco so now that roots are established you won’t overwater. Try to water twice a day if you can but at least daily. Make sure ph is in check before you water and feed with every water and they should be just fine

T

Thetown510

**Update**
Just wanted to thanks everyone that responded you guys truly helped me a lot. I flushed at 300 ppm using lite jacks 321 Bumped up the Epsom salt and started with the cal mag every feeding for a week.
For the last 10 days I have been at 800ppm using jacks 321 and cal mag every other feeding and the plants are looking great. No more nutrient issues. I have been watering every other day. I want to try and water everyday from this week on.
Also ordered some mammoth p try it out should get here this week I’ll keep you guys posted.

1 issue I am currently having is with my 2 sour tangies. They still look like they are in VEG going in to week 3 of flower wtf! They are way bigger but not many white hairs at all. Everything else is BOOMING! Not sure if this strain is just really slow to flower or what. And advice or am I being impatient. I will post a bunch of photos tonight for you guys when the lights come on at 6pm.
Thanks again.

7F7A4119 D599 4588 9FCA 4866D96EE858
A7C3034F 72DF 4E21 9F50 9E50D8055A54
Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

**Update**
Just wanted to thanks everyone that responded you guys truly helped me a lot. I flushed at 300 ppm using lite jacks 321 Bumped up the Epsom salt and started with the cal mag every feeding for a week.
For the last 10 days I have been at 800ppm using jacks 321 and cal mag every other feeding and the plants are looking great. No more nutrient issues. I have been watering every other day. I want to try and water everyday from this week on.
Also ordered some mammoth p try it out should get here this week I’ll keep you guys posted.

1 issue I am currently having is with my 2 sour tangies. They still look like they are in VEG going in to week 3 of flower wtf! They are way bigger but not many white hairs at all. Everything else is BOOMING! Not sure if this strain is just really slow to flower or what. And advice or am I being impatient. I will post a bunch of photos tonight for you guys when the lights come on at 6pm.
Thanks again.
They are flowering. Probably just a slow shower. My last run was like that. But I see flowers forming. I bet they’ll take off in the next week or so.

T

Thetown510

They are flowering. Probably just a slow shower. My last run was like that. But I see flowers forming. I bet they’ll take off in the next week or so.
That photo was actually of a sherbet that’s doing well. I’m posting some updates photos now take a look please let me know what you think

T

Thetown510

Here’s a few pictures from the garden today! Light came on about 2 hours ago. The close up bud shot is the black jack. Sunset sherbet and blackberry fire on the left.
Tangie and blackjack on the middle right.

6CBE7FF5 1D0A 4F02 8820 A660E51F6853
31B9B38E C038 4AFA 9C70 04E09247F486
96C9EC7C 661E 444B A718 AEA2C10620EA
45D20C95 F3BA 4F79 9E34 73AF7F36DCC0
BB94D4AE 7C50 42D1 A0D3 12D99122619B
T

Thetown510

Here is a photo is that sour tangie that is lagging behind! Hopefully it picks up. Going to start adding mammoth P next week.

9EA8056B 1EC2 4750 89E2 2D6512408621
Top Bottom