Week 1 of Veg Need Advice

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I'm currently growing some Key Lime Chem and some Blueberry F5. Day 1 of veg is December 19 so we're just nearing the end of the first week. I'm seeing some strange growth from one of the key limes (maybe a bad pheno?), should I keep growing it? The others seem ok. I also noticed some discoloration on one of the blueberries though I might have left the lights too close, they were 16" for a day or so (now back to 18" away). Some info:
5x5x6 tent
3 x 1000w Bestva LED's hanging 18" above plants
Soil, happy frog with 25% perlite
Pots 1 gallon
Water, tap and distilled mixed to 290ppm and 6.0 ph. No nutes at all so far. I'll try to get some pics under regular light tomorrow if it'll help.
Temp, high 78 degrees Hum 20% to 30%
Week 1 of veg need advice
Week 1 of veg need advice 2
Week 1 of veg need advice 3
Week 1 of veg need advice 4
Week 1 of veg need advice 5
Week 1 of veg need advice 6
Week 1 of veg need advice 7

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Also forgot to mention, after last watering I noticed some water spots on the leaves (you can see in pics) from me splashing them by accident. Did I hurt them?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
raise the humidity to 55-60%. let that soil dry out before watering again.. wet/dry cycle, too much water will stunt the plant, cause leaf curling, browning, yellowing, root rot! as roots need oxygen too much water will suffocate them and cause rot.. etc..
yes post pictures in clear light.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

raise the humidity to 55-60%. let that soil dry out before watering again.. wet/dry cycle, too much water will stunt the plant, cause leaf curling, browning, yellowing, root rot! as roots need oxygen too much water will suffocate them and cause rot.. etc..
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting a humidifier this week. I went 5 days between last 2 waterings, this pic is the night after I watered in the morning. Soil was dry down 2 inches and barely damp below that point when I tested with a water meter. Should I wait 6 days next time? I'll get clear light pics today or tomorrow.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you should get use to lifting the pots and know by feel, when they are dry it’ll be real light, like nothing in it.
it’s better to let it dry out than to have it constantly wet.
worse case the plants start to droop saying i need a drink..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good advice given above.. and turn both switches on... blue is not for veg and red for flower.... thats all bullshit marketing.

You may need to raise the light after doing so.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Good advice given above.. and turn both switches on... blue is not for veg and red for flower.... thats all bullshit marketing.

You may need to raise the light after doing so.
Thanks! I'll do that. Just leave both swithces on through veg and bloom? Should I put the lights about 20" away or closer to 24"?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Plants that have most discoloration are all key lime chem, but one blueberry is showing a bit of discoloration too. Is this light burn? I raised lights from 18" to 21" above plant tops. Thanks again for your help.
20201227 102128
20201227 102116
20201227 102106
20201227 102120

20201227 102135
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I originally had them at 36" for 2 days after transplanting, then lowered. Should I still put them up to 30"?
What the make and model of that light? I'll try to see if you need closer but always start and slowly work up. With the second switch on you wanna make sure you don't cook em or they will stunt.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

What the make and model of that light? I'll try to see if you need closer but always start and slowly work up. With the second switch on you wanna make sure you don't cook em or they will stunt.
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I have three Bestva 1000W LED's in a 5x5 tent. Upgrading my lights next grow but had a budget for this one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I have three Bestva 1000W LED's in a 5x5 tent. Upgrading my lights next grow but had a budget for this one.
Its 185 true watts. I have no idea how they measure lux on a blurple light SMH (typical bs). But yeah 30" right now and slowly bump it up.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Its 185 true watts. I have no idea how they measure lux on a blurple light SMH (typical bs). But yeah 30" right now and slowly bump it up.
Thank again. I raised them to 30" and using a LUX app have a reading of around 14000 LUX so hopefully they'll be happier. 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank again. I raised them to 30" and using a LUX app have a reading of around 14000 LUX so hopefully they'll be happier. 😁
You can't use lux with a blurple light. Its doesn't measure them well at all because they lack the green. You need a par meter and im not sure if the apps just read lux and convert. I would not use lux but rather start at 30" and work up based on plant response.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

You can't use lux with a blurple light. Its doesn't measure them well at all because they lack the green. You need a par meter and im not sure if the apps just read lux and convert. I would not use lux but rather start at 30" and work up based on plant response.
Got it, thanks man.

Top Bottom