• Thread starter SodaLicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

I have one Fem Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds

2. How old are your plants?

Around 10 weeks old. I can't remember the exact planting date.

3. How tall are your plants?

30"

4. What size containers are they planted in?

5 Gallon bucket

5. What is your soil mix?

50 50 perlite and peat

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

I water when the container feels light. I use tap Water.

7. What is the pH of your water?

7.6 140 PPM

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

General Hydroponics 6 ml micro and 9 ml bloom

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

Yes. Once and awhile I will spray with tap water ph to 6.5

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen,
incandescent "plant lights")

600 watt metal halide horizontal, and a 400 watt vertical.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

18`inches from the tops

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

Temp 26*C 30% humidity

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

No insect visible.

16. How much experience do you have growing?

I have had many complete grows with clones, never with a seed.

Week 10 veg from seed
Week 10 veg from seed 2
Week 10 veg from seed 3
Week 10 veg from seed 4
Week 10 veg from seed 5
Week 10 veg from seed 6

Week 10 veg from seed 7

She was nice and perky until about a week ago. I flushed her out with water at ph 6.5 and it came out 6.4. Should I cut all the shoots off and make clones

vaporedout

vaporedout

its a good size plant for 5 gallon bucket. id say a lil over watering as well.

jkbeing

jkbeing

I wouldn't take clones till you get it heathy again. I would recommend you back the light off. I would wonder if this is a heavier feeder and she is well underfed. If you check the ppm/ec, it would tell you. Also pop it out the bucket and check the roots to make sure they look good.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If its root bound and you water every 3rd day or so then its probably under-watered. When I had plants in 5 gallon buckets I had to water them every other day at week 3-4 of flower with a 5 week veg.

The thing is over and under watered plants look basically the same, so you have to think about how much water you've been giving the plant and take it from there.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If he watered the plant only when the bucket feels very light then I don't see how its over-watered, unless the medium has poor drainage, which doesn't seem very likely when he is using 50/50 peat/perlite.

Sodalicious, how many days do you go in between watering's?? My outdoor plants from last year looked the exact same when they would go too long without water.

Stick your finger in the medium and if it feels wet and mushy, then its most likely over-watered, but if it feels like its not too wet and the bucket is light, then its under-watered.

When a plant is under-watered it can happen real quick when the medium dries out and usually happens to plants that are root bound or neglected. When a plant is over-watered, its usually because the medium holds too much moisture and/or the grower waters the plant too many times without letting the roots absorb the moisture already in the medium.

With a plant your size and age in a relatively small bucket and this is the 1st time it ever happened, IMHO its more likely to be under-watered. That doesn't mean it can't be over-watered, but it just seems unlikely considering the info you gave.

If it is over-watered then it could take up to a week or so before its back to normal, depending on how much moisture is retained in the medium, but if its under-watered then when you water the plant it should perk up the very next day or so. Good luck.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

If he watered the plant only when the bucket feels very light then I don't see how its over-watered, unless the medium has poor drainage, which doesn't seem very likely when he is using 50/50 peat/perlite.

Sodalicious, how many days do you go in between watering's?? My outdoor plants from last year looked the exact same when they would go too long without water.

Stick your finger in the medium and if it feels wet and mushy, then its most likely over-watered, but if it feels like its not too wet and the bucket is light, then its under-watered.

When a plant is under-watered it can happen real quick when the medium dries out and usually happens to plants that are root bound or neglected. When a plant is over-watered, its usually because the medium holds too much moisture and/or the grower waters the plant too many times without letting the roots absorb the moisture already in the medium.

With a plant your size and age in a relatively small bucket and this is the 1st time it ever happened, IMHO its more likely to be under-watered. That doesn't mean it can't be over-watered, but it just seems unlikely considering the info you gave.

If it is over-watered then it could take up to a week or so before its back to normal, depending on how much moisture is retained in the medium, but if its under-watered then when you water the plant it should perk up the very next day or so. Good luck.

Over Watering is my conclusion. I've never "Flushed" a plant "Proper" until now. I believe this was the cause. I flushed the plant like i've read and been told many times, 3 x container size. I poured 15 gallons of ph's tap @6.5. I don't think I will ever do that again.

She's bounced back nicely.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Over Watering is my conclusion. I've never "Flushed" a plant "Proper" until now. I believe this was the cause. I flushed the plant like i've read and been told many times, 3 x container size. I poured 15 gallons of ph's tap @6.5. I don't think I will ever do that again.

She's bounced back nicely.

15 gallons of water in a short period of time could definitely cause a plant to look like that. When you said you flushed your plant I assumed you just gave it a normal amount, but plain water instead of nutrients. I thought it was under-watered before, they look so damn similar lol

I bet your happy you had 50% perlite mixed in, it could of been worse if your medium was able to hold too much moisture. good luck bro.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

This girl has gotten huge, she is still in the 5 gal bucket. I need to give her a trim and a transplant. Which should I do first, trim or transplant. Or do I do both at the same time, trim her back then put her in a new home?

S

SEASCAPE

If it loses its green lust, leaves are droopy, and the pic was NOT taken close to when the go to sleep I'd say overwater. People hate them but they do work.. get a 10 dollar mosture meter. Get the one with the longer probe. Check from top down first, if its in the green and still showing moist wait to feed. Now stick it into a drain hole at the bottom where the stick could not reach-is it wet? moist? if yes, do NOT feed. Keep in mind the probe is touchy, if you have a dry spot or hit a root mass it may go up, I always pull it back a hair and watch it fall as a recheck. The easy one..is the pot heavy or feel lite? heavy do NOT feed. Another thing is how many cuts did you take at the same time, could be part stress but looks more like an over/under feeding state. If its super soaked I'd give it a few days without feed, check each nite or day with mostiure meter to see if the level is going down.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

If it loses its green lust, leaves are droopy, and the pic was NOT taken close to when the go to sleep I'd say overwater. People hate them but they do work.. get a 10 dollar mosture meter. Get the one with the longer probe. Check from top down first, if its in the green and still showing moist wait to feed. Now stick it into a drain hole at the bottom where the stick could not reach-is it wet? moist? if yes, do NOT feed. Keep in mind the probe is touchy, if you have a dry spot or hit a root mass it may go up, I always pull it back a hair and watch it fall as a recheck. The easy one..is the pot heavy or feel lite? heavy do NOT feed. Another thing is how many cuts did you take at the same time, could be part stress but looks more like an over/under feeding state. If its super soaked I'd give it a few days without feed, check each nite or day with mostiure meter to see if the level is going down.

Thanks it was overwatered for sure. That picture was before I took cuttings, I waited until she bounced back then took 25 or so cuts. Now she is HUGE and outgrowing the veg space, I need to transplant her and take cuts. SHould I do it at the same time?

S

SEASCAPE

Also when I said green lust I mean changing from green to light green/then getting green yellow mixed. Transplanting in itself is a shock, taking cuts could be called shock or stunt untill things get strong and come back. As far as doing both at the same time- If in good health it should come back no problem, just remember it may be a week at least till she picks herself back up. If you have more time on your side I would transfer wait a week then take cuts. I'm assuming your chopping it up for as many as you can get. If its just a few cuts transplanting and cutting should be no problem at the same time. My 02

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

DSCN1536
DSCN1537
O.k. so I have decided to take cuts then transplant, reason being I think it will be easier to transplant after she's had a haircut. Here's a picture of what she looks like now.

Note that it's beside the same cupboard as the last picture. wow 14 weeks ago.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

So I never repotted, but I did take cuts. They seem to be taking. I tied her down and now I wish I had repotted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom