Week 2 of flower

• Thread starter Noobiegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

Just hitting the week 2 of flowering mark and was curious as to when i should do the last major defoliation. Also what does everyone else do to get ready to grow those big buds. The left is gigabud the right is candyland peyote.

Week 2 of flower
Week 2 of flower 2
Week 2 of flower 3
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looking good. I use two different methods to support the branches once they put on some weight. Trellis net and plant yo-yos. You could also bamboo steaks and tie off branches to the steaks. In your case, I think the steaks or yo-yos will be more beneficial. Happy grows.

Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

Looking good. I use two different methods to support the branches once they put on some weight. Trellis net and plant yo-yos. You could also bamboo steaks and tie off branches to the steaks. In your case, I think the steaks or yo-yos will be more beneficial. Happy grows.
What about defoliation? Do any of that?

growsince79

growsince79

Only pick leaves when overcrowded to the point they are laying on each other and trapping water. Use silica through mid flower to make strong stems.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
What about defoliation? Do any of that?
I don’t think you need to do much at this point. Great advice above. Cut as needed. I would try to tuck some leafs that are shadowing bud sites rather than cut, if you don’t have to. The leafs store necessary nutrients the plant needs if the plant isn’t getting certain nutrients from the medium. If that makes a bit of sense.

Anthem

Anthem

everyone has their way to grow. Some people just let the plant grow and have a good out come. Others will defoliate everything but one fan leaf at the top of each main branch. It will all grow what you are looking to gain.
A couple of things to consider.
#1. Air Flow at the media level helps prevent bugs and diseases by keeping the humidity lower in this region. Hence some growers will remove all of the lower 1/3 of plant grows from the plant.
#2. Consider your grow light and its true from the wall watts. Most of the lower bud sites are not going to get enough light to develop into quality buds. Some people choose to leave them and others remove. Removal can occur as late as 3 weeks into flower, but doing so shortly after buds sites have developed will aid in bud production at the sites receiving the most light. Consider picking a number between 5 and 7. This is the number of nods to count down and remove bud sites that will not fully develop. Common term for this is lollipopping and it is NOT suppose to lower yield.
As mentioned there are many different styles of growing, but choose as you may an enjoy!

Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

everyone has their way to grow. Some people just let the plant grow and have a good out come. Others will defoliate everything but one fan leaf at the top of each main branch. It will all grow what you are looking to gain.
A couple of things to consider.
#1. Air Flow at the media level helps prevent bugs and diseases by keeping the humidity lower in this region. Hence some growers will remove all of the lower 1/3 of plant grows from the plant.
#2. Consider your grow light and its true from the wall watts. Most of the lower bud sites are not going to get enough light to develop into quality buds. Some people choose to leave them and others remove. Removal can occur as late as 3 weeks into flower, but doing so shortly after buds sites have developed will aid in bud production at the sites receiving the most light. Consider picking a number between 5 and 7. This is the number of nods to count down and remove bud sites that will not fully develop. Common term for this is lollipopping and it is NOT suppose to lower yield.
As mentioned there are many different styles of growing, but choose as you may an enjoy!
All advice is welcomed. This is my first grow so just looking for some pointers on the dos and don'ts. I've got a basic idea of what i want to do. Just helps getting others input. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom