Week 2 : What symptoms is this?

• Thread starter jaynewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Hi team,

i'm hitting my 2nd week for my babies, i had issue last 2 days when the new leaf was turning yellow hence i flushed it with pH 6.0 water and before this the coco pH was 7. Upon flushing, the pH dropped to 6.4. But starting yesterday i realized the edge of the leafs are like below.
Can i get the experts advise?

Coco pH 6.4
Humidity 50-60%
Lights 18/6

Now i can't do anything yet because the soil is still a little damp, please assist me T_T
Week 2  what symptoms is this

BigCube

BigCube

When you say coco. What do you mean?
Brand and name please. Looks to be classic nutrient burn.

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

When you say coco. What do you mean?
Brand and name please. Looks to be classic nutrient burn.

I think there's no brand , it was just from some convenience store sold in blocks.
Sorry i think i've fed them three days back and had symptoms of yellow leaf hence i flush em.

BigCube

BigCube

You might want to get a ppm pen. So you can see the ppm in and out.

Did the perlite come with it?
If it was just a brick of %100 coco, you are usually supposed to rinse out the coco before using it. The manufacturers use salt water to process it, and most dont wash it after. This would make your ppm high before you even added anything.

If its clean coco, you may ha e just gona a little over on the nutes. Try 1/3rd strength.

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

If it was just a brick of %100 coco, you are usually supposed to rinse out the coco before using it. The manufacturers use salt water to process it, and most dont wash it after. This would make your ppm high before you even added anything.

If its clean coco, you may ha e just gona a little over on the nutes. Try 1/3rd strength.

I'm going 1/4 strength , but i'm still practicing my runoff skills

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi team,

i'm hitting my 2nd week for my babies, i had issue last 2 days when the new leaf was turning yellow hence i flushed it with pH 6.0 water and before this the coco pH was 7. Upon flushing, the pH dropped to 6.4. But starting yesterday i realized the edge of the leafs are like below.
Can i get the experts advise?

Coco pH 6.4
Humidity 50-60%
Lights 18/6

Now i can't do anything yet because the soil is still a little damp, please assist me T_T
View attachment 903056
PH is too high, try 5.9 - 6.0 in Cocoa: read up on it for best results, good luck

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
It's your pH. Coco is like hydroponics, so you will require lower pH. I usually range between 5.8-6.3 tops. Closer to 5.5. for clones/small plants.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was reading about the coco production. They dont wash it at all at the source. They leave it on the beach and let the ocean rinse it.

Then it is used for all sorts of stuff like brooms.

And like you said. Only some gardening supply manufacturers actually rinse it for plant use.

BigCube

BigCube

I was reading about the coco production. They dont wash it at all at the source. They leave it on the beach and let the ocean rinse it.

Then it is used for all sorts of stuff like brooms.

And like you said. Only some gardening supply manufacturers actually rinse it for plant use.

Yup. They use salt water to process it too.
So after it drys its full of salt and other stuff. Usually a good rinse is all it needs.
Or buy pre washed stuff.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plant looks pretty healthy except for the leaf tips, which could be something as simple as low humidity or slightly too close to the light source. Your new growth looks OK. I think it will probably be fine once it grows a little bigger. Why would you be flushing out a 2 week old plant? Have you fed it anything yet? Plants usually don't require too much food until they get bigger. I think it will probably be OK and will grow out of the problem, but I wouldn't feed it anything for another week or two until you see how the leaf issue progresses. Whatever the problem might be, it doesn't seem to serious and I would let it go for a little before I started treating it for stuff that I'm unsure about. Once you start pouring stuff on plants to maybe treat the problem, then you are throwing darts trying to discover the problem instead of finding out the actual problem and treating it correctly. A PPM reading might put the overfeeding theory to bed... if that is the problem. I have often seen this happen to plants when first starting them and they always fix themselves after they grow a few more leaves, but keep your eye on the problem to make sure it doesn't progress.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not gonna comment on the coco stuff as I'm a hydro guy other than your ph needs to be as stated 5.6-6.2.

I think you would benefit more from stating all your info about your grow.

Lighting used/distance?
Day/night temps?
Day/night humidity?
Nutrients used and concentration?
How often are you feeding?
Brand name of coco and other equipment etc?

You may aswell get it all straight now.

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

I'm not gonna comment on the coco stuff as I'm a hydro guy other than your ph needs to be as stated 5.6-6.2.

I think you would benefit more from stating all your info about your grow.

Lighting used/distance? 2 feet
Day/night temps? 30 degree light, 25 dark
Day/night humidity? 60-70 rh% day and night
Nutrients used and concentration? 1/4 nutes of ghe calimagic and ghe grow
How often are you feeding? daily
Brand name of coco and other equipment etc? no coco brand, hipargero 600w

You may aswell get it all straight now.

This is my settings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is my settings

Hmm I can't find a hipargero 600w it looks like they come 400,800,1000w versions.
The 800w has an actual wattage of about 240w.

The rest of your parameters look good for this stage of growth.

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Hmm I can't find a hipargero 600w it looks like they come 400,800,1000w versions.
The 800w has an actual wattage of about 240w.

The rest of your parameters look good for this stage of growth.

i'm going to start my diary here and see if can post my pictures.
Since few of my plant died due to damping off. Gotta start again

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
This is my settings

Are you using 3 part and only the grow bottle?

Top Bottom