Week 3 flower change from hps to leds..

• Thread starter SmokeyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

I'm week 3 into flower I just changed from 600w hps to spider farmer sf4000 leds , how high should I be from tops and what % should I be around on the dimmer ? 👍🏻🌱

freezeland2

freezeland2

I'm week 3 into flower I just changed from 600w hps to spider farmer sf4000 leds , how high should I be from tops and what % should I be around on the dimmer ? 👍🏻🌱
I’d be up at least 24”. Do you have a light meter? Do you know what intensity you were putting down with the HPS? I’d start at a somewhat lower intensity than you had with HPS. See how the plants respond and go from there.

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

I'm 20inchs form tops and the dimmer is on 50% , what do u mean by a light meter and I'm not sure what I was getting from the hps light don't measure them things

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm 20inchs form tops and the dimmer is on 50% , what do u mean by a light meter and I'm not sure what I was getting from the hps light don't measure them things
I use this one...cheap but it gives me #'s to work with...I switched just myself to an se 3000 from a 1000w hps and I cooked my leaves on the first batch at 55,000 lux 18" away @ 100%.......I'm now at 18" away @80% 35,000 lux in its hot spots 31,000 around the edges...Those numbers maybe incorrect it doesn't matter to me it just gives me #'s I can work with

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Quantum Par Meter - High Precision, Rechargeable & Long Standby, Grow Light meter, Indoor Plants meter, Good for Growing droseras and All Indoor Plants… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WX8D3LB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_3WTQJM73BACJKYNQ5AFB

After bleaching a crop of seedlings as white as ivory (had no idea that was possible) I sent for this meter. Which was quite a bit less but you can thank Trump’s trade war for increase. It made my light use 100% easier.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

The beauty of a quantum par meter - instant reading. Instantly. No math conversion or trusting a cell phone camera. Don’t understand the reluctance in buying one when people buy everything else including EC meters and high end ones at that. pH meters too. Kind of weird since you can get one for under $200 that recharges using a USB

Latest posts

Top Bottom