Week 4 . Any suggestions or tips ?

• Thread starter Jrod2676
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jrod2676

Jrod2676

But newer . Well informed , but I’m not no pro(yet lol) Any help and tips to bulken and increase yield would be great

Week 4  any suggestions or tips
Week 4  any suggestions or tips 2
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

But newer . Well informed , but I’m not no pro(yet lol) Any help and tips to bulken and increase yield would be great

Just looking at where the earth is dark it is only a small portion of what's in the pot. There is no reason (no water) for the plants to expand the root system. Hit all the earth when you water to get bigger roots which support bigger plants.

The plants look healthy.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

I just last night switched from 24 on, to 20-4 . This is the reason , if no lights on . Lol I took right after I turned light off for few hrs . But are u say I need keep more moist ,& have room for the roots to go down also?? Believe it or not tho, prior to this I only grew 1 plants inside before this . But appreciate the feed back man!!! I just topped em both 2 nights ago , should I only lst or is topping not a bad idea?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your fine just don’t water too frequently, and water all the soil now they are big enough for it and wait till it’s dry!! before watering again, they kinda look like they might be getting bushy and stunted..
with small plants in bags like that you have to very gently with your hands underneath lift it a bit, your just trying to get the feel, any weight to it than leave it.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

Bet . Appreciate it. Everyb2 days I’m having to water ,3 days tops .. this is how the soil all sets by 2nd -3rd night . So should I water them more than normal ? Usually I give em a cup and a half -2 cups wat.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Bet . Appreciate it. Everyb2 days I’m having to water ,3 days tops .. this is how the soil all sets by 2nd -3rd night . So should I water them more than normal ? Usually I give em a cup and a half -2 cups wat.
yes next watering when it’s time try to water the whole medium,
what size bags?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

As they get bigger they need more water. Think of it like feeding a child compared to a 200 lb. guy that works all day at construction. Very young plants won't like too much light, plants growing leaves want more, and by the time they are making flowers they are little pigs. Normal changes depending on the plant.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

yes next watering when it’s time try to water the whole medium,
what size bags?
Okay. I’ve just always been aware and heard its Better under watering then over water . But I have em in 5 gal bags !

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

As they get bigger they need more water. Think of it like feeding a child compared to a 200 lb. guy that works all day at construction. Very young plants won't like too much light, plants growing leaves want more, and by the time they are making flowers they are little pigs. Normal changes depending on the plant.
Sounds about right , right on . Appreciate it.. Question for both of you also . This is what I’m all around not to positive about ; As far as Feeding them ”food” / fertilizer, I just yesterday ordered worm castings . Though I’ve seeen things like “flower blossom” and all the fancy feeders all around .. what’s exactly needed before flower stage and during flower aside from cal mag.? Are worm castings “food” and all that I’ll need or no? If not what exactly do you know for fact produces heavy and good bud yields. ? Price isn’t an issue . I just want my shit coming out fire .

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes worm castings is food, good for veg as it contains lots of nitrogen.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Are worm castings “food” and all that I’ll need or no? If not what exactly do you know for fact produces heavy and good bud yields. ? Price isn’t an issue . I just want my shit coming out fire .

We'd all like our plants coming out fire and there are many ways growers try to get there. Water isn't expensive, light is more expensive but either will make a bigger difference than worm castings.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

We'd all like our plants coming out fire and there are many ways growers try to get there. Water isn't expensive, light is more expensive but either will make a bigger difference than worm castings.
First improvement most growers should make in my opinion is light. More light and better light. In many commercial grows they run LED, CMH and DE HPS simultaneously. For reasons. Dealing with a photosynthetic plant. Water as well. Know exactly what your water is. Most sources have regular analysis reports online. Or you can request a printed one.

Nutrients are important later but you can veg with garden store tomato food and flower with anything that makes dahlias happy. Heck Jobes Organic fertilizer spikes are not a bad choice.

But bigger harder buds come from light and environment. Temp and humidity.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

First improvement most growers should make in my opinion is light. More light and better light. In many commercial grows they run LED, CMH and DE HPS simultaneously. For reasons. Dealing with a photosynthetic plant. Water as well. Know exactly what your water is. Most sources have regular analysis reports online. Or you can request a printed one.

Nutrients are important later but you can veg with garden store tomato food and flower with anything that makes dahlias happy. Heck Jobes Organic fertilizer spikes are not a bad choice.

But bigger harder buds come from light and environment. Temp and humidity.
Gotya. appreciate You answering the question I had in all that above , that’s what I was looking for ! Ima .5x their watering then.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I am running 4500 watts plus in a 5 or 6 x 3 foot . So these lil whores have moreee then enough light .🙈😫
One of the best ways to dial it in is using a VPD chart. Google it. There’s several models of one. Very easy to use.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

One of the best ways to dial it in is using a VPD chart. Google it. There’s several models of one. Very easy to use.
I’m well aware of lights wavelengths and that bein biggest matter . I will watch and make sure tho! Just needing the tips and tricks like what and when to do things is all

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

Sooo some great upgrades have arrived at the cannabanoid castle . Overkill??? Nah go big or sit on the porch with the puppies😅🤣

4B6B8A76 8597 4C65 B549 3CFA9D9D60A3
Top Bottom