Week 5 bloom. What's wrong with them?

• Thread starter OhRose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OhRose

Not sure what's going on with my plants. I've got 2 killer a5 haze around 5 weeks in flower. They're in coco, and getting around half a gallon of water a day each. Not water, Jack's 5-12-26/cal-nit/Epsom salt at 1.8/1.2/.6 game per gallon (half recommended strength. I was adding ~2ml ProteKt as well until right after this started. 1 under LED, 1 under CMH

I've got a couple brown spots on each plant. And leaves are yellowing/being cannibalized. But I also have tip burn on the new growth. Runoff is high, but the catch tray hasn't been cleaned in 2 weeks. It has buildup it is contributing. They get an excessive amount of Runoff each day that is taken away(most of it). Ph always between 5.8-6.2 going in.

They are very tall. I would just assume the yellowing is because it's so far from the light, but there are a couple that are fairly close to the led panel, and unobstructed that are also yellowing.

Idk what should I do? Increase fertilizer? Decrease? More calcium? Just let it ride?

The last picture is the led plant. I'm not sure if it's showing problems yet, but that's the most recent photo. Currently that central branch has dying leaves midway up.

Week 5 bloom whats wrong with them
Week 5 bloom whats wrong with them 2
Week 5 bloom whats wrong with them 3
Week 5 bloom whats wrong with them 4
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You’re watering every day? Well that explains the excessive die back on the lower canopy.
You are smothering her.

O

OhRose

My bad homie. Well., then you stopped giving the right amount of N i would think then

I imagine you are correct. It seems like that. But I'm so confused because I'm getting toxicity and deficiency signs simultaneously.

C

climbit

I’m noting the possible deficiency. The toxicity you mention seems non existent. Perhaps there wasn’t enough nitrogen during stretch and because of that its come to this.

O

OhRose

I’m noting the possible deficiency. The toxicity you mention seems non existent. Perhaps there wasn’t enough nitrogen during stretch and because of that its come to this.
No toxicity? Literally every leaf tip is brown and crunchy. What other causes are there?

It is possible they didn't get enough nitrogen during the stretch. They only got to like 60% fertilizer. EC 1.8, with tap water at .5 😐. That's a headache to deal with as well. Gonna get a reverse osmosis filter.

It seemed like they finished the stretch and still looked healthy, then when they started budding I started seeing funny spots.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It does look like the plant is cannibalizing nitrogen. Senescence is also common after five weeks of flowering.

No toxicity? Literally every leaf tip is brown and crunchy. What other causes are there?
It can happen when leaves are transpiring excessively, causing insufficient water and nutrients to reach the tips of the leaves. What is your VPD?

O

OhRose

Uncertain about the one under LED. This one is sitting at 1.1 night time and I just checked close to 2. I'm not sure why it's so low all of a sudden. Guess I need to set the temp lower. I didn't think that would look like this. Thanks. I'll see how it works

Nitropath

Nitropath

It is possible they didn't get enough nitrogen during the stretch. They only got to like 60% fertilizer. EC 1.8, with tap water at .5 😐. That's a headache to deal with as well. Gonna get a reverse osmosis filter.

It seemed like they finished the stretch and still looked healthy, then when they started budding I started seeing funny spots.
Nutriant lockout can look like a deficiency and toxicity issue. Reset with normal nute ratio. You have an inbalance somewhere.

O

OhRose

I cut the led plant for unrelated reasons. This one... idk I guess it got better. Tips haven't burnt any more. Fan leaves have been dying off slowly the whole time, not sure if bad or natural, still a good few left. At this point, I expect them to shed leaves. Just around 11 weeks in, they should be finishing soon.

Anyway, yeah that's what I did. Flushed it with a couple gallons of water. Can't remember if nutrient solution or just ph adjusted. Then I've been more careful about removing the waste water. I think my problem is the 2 gallon pot, and for a while needed ~3+ liters of water per day with no automated system. Ishould be feeding 13 Oz at a time, so like 6 times a day at peak. I did not, so she got a lot more dry cycling which probably caused the nutrient burns and my hesitance to increase feed. Now that she's drinking less its maintaining better.

I kinda screwed myself with a bad drainage plan too. Coco is sweet. Needing someone to hold my hand and put my auto fed system together for me is not. Up next... massive beds. Maybe I'll only have to water at flip (jk)

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Going forward so you know next time

yellowing up from the bottom is a sign of a n deficiency

There was no toxicity I saw only a deficiency. Crispy leaves can be caused by a deficiency as much as they can a excess amount of fertiliser

Last edited:
O

OhRose

Going forward so you know next time

yellowing up from the bottom is a sign of a n deficiency

There was no toxicity I saw only a deficiency. Crispy leaves can be caused by a deficiency as much as they can a excess amount of fertiliser
Well thanks. I had not heard of burnt leaves being deficiency. Always that it means nute burn. Good to know.

I'm not sure that there will be a next time. The sister is at about 3 weeks veg in a living soil bed. So far, I'm digging it, so I may stick with organics.

Top Bottom