Week 5 Nute Burn (possibly Potassium?)

• Thread starter Dirrtybirdy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dirrtybirdy

Hello!

I am currently in late week 5 and got crazy nute burn(All nutes are listed in the sample chart below). My buddy told me to add terpinator to increase the the scent and frost. Before adding this, my grow was moving along well and did not have any problems.

When I added it, I started off with 10ml per gallon. then the next day bumped it to 75ml/5 gal then the next 100ml/5 gal. I saw that the plants werent healthy and the next day did a straight water ph'ed at 6.4. Then 2 days after that I flushed all the plants to .4 EC.

Is there any way to save the plants that got this far burned or are they doomed?

Strain is GG4(what I was told)

Chart and picture is attached below.

Untitledjpg
Untitled12jpg
D

Dirrtybirdy

Also, there are fungus gnats. Im not sure if it can cause a drastic decline in the plants health like this.

showmegreen

showmegreen

The gnats are a sign that yer roots are hurt in. You lettin yer medium drain and dry up good before you water again? Roots need to breathe. Especially in flower. Too much moisture and you get funguses, molds, and gnats. No bueno.

D

Dirrtybirdy

They dry down to less than 10% water weight. Everything is hand watered and I check before watering
The gnats are a sign that yer roots are hurt in. You lettin yer medium drain and dry up good before you water again? Roots need to breathe. Especially in flower. Too much moisture and you get funguses, molds, and gnats. No bueno.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

for fungus gnats a great organic product is Gnatrol. Soil spray and your all good to go. Fungus gnats usually roost in the soil, in their larvae stage as worms. Then the hatch in the gnats. The gnatrol is a naturally derived bacteria called back bacillus israeliensis.

What’s in that terpernator stuff?

chemistry

chemistry

Mix up your base flower nuits to 500ppm, set your PH to 6.0 and get it slung in until you see some runoff, over the next week bump up your PPM's to 700 and see how you go, stick to what you were doing before and they should come round, you've 3/4 weeks left to turn your grow round. The gnats are easy to get rid of, get some yellow sticky bug cards, peel off one side and lay the sticky side up, flat on top of your pot, the gnats will love walking all over it. :)

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Never use more than 10ml per gallon of Terp ever. Also that doesn't look like GG

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Because it's not necessary at all. Iess is more bro. About not being GG for one I have the clone only copy second go look at some pictures of it.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Because it's not necessary at all. Iess is more bro. About not being GG for one I have the clone only copy second go look at some pictures of it.
Was only asking. I don't use terpinator and have only tested it in one set of side by sides.

D

Dirrtybirdy

Mix up your base flower nuits to 500ppm, set your PH to 6.0 and get it slung in until you see some runoff, over the next week bump up your PPM's to 700 and see how you go, stick to what you were doing before and they should come round, you've 3/4 weeks left to turn your grow round. The gnats are easy to get rid of, get some yellow sticky bug cards, peel off one side and lay the sticky side up, flat on top of your pot, the gnats will love walking all over it. :)
I added a bunch of yellow traps. I had a few in there already that were catching random FG. One I added the terpinator, the plants went to hell and the FG population exploded. Can FG cause this much damage over night? I don't want to treat it as a FG problem when it is a nute problem.

Never use more than 10ml per gallon of Terp ever. Also that doesn't look like GG

I had a feeling the recommended amount was too much. I should have went with my gut feeling. It didn't look like GG to me either when I stayed researching it. I'm not really sure what it is.

chemistry

chemistry

Even if you catch the odd gnat, it's less breeders laying eggs on your roots, which is where I would look first for your problem, the other thing is you've flushed the excess terpinator out of your medium, along with your nuits, so some thing needs to be put back, go with your original feeding schedule and see if they come back.

D

Dirrtybirdy

Even if you catch the odd gnat, it's less breeders laying eggs on your roots, which is where I would look first for your problem, the other thing is you've flushed the excess terpinator out of your medium, along with your nuits, so some thing needs to be put back, go with your original feeding schedule and see if they come back.
I'm still waiting for the cubes to dry out a little. Should be dry by tomorrow and I'll with the routine you suggested earlier. Thanks for all your help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom