Week 6 Flower Check In time

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Week 6 started today and just wanted to make sure I’m on the right track still. I know it’s been over fed and I’m adjusting that (thanks Fox Farm!) and I know she needs some Cal Mag (that gets here Tuesday). Outside of that I think it’s progressing well. Does it look like it’s supposed to for Week 6? Strain is Bubba Kush from Seedsman. Thanks!

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

They look great and happy! Few things going on but nothing too major. Have you flushed your soil or checked your runoff? Maybe cut the nitrogen down your giving them any until harvest.

curious618

curious618

They look great and happy! Few things going on but nothing too major. Have you flushed your soil or checked your runoff? Maybe cut the nitrogen down your giving them any until harvest.
Yea that’s part of the over feeding I did. I followed the FF schedule and it seems like it fee too much N after the flip. This next week it cuts it out completely. I tapered off last feed. I have not flushed, I am a subscriber to the no flush theory. Last two waters were without food so it will get fed in the next 2-3 days. Then planning on going nothing but water the last few weeks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The plants look healthy.

I've never grown Bubba Kush, itself, but I've grown a few crosses. I was always under the impression that BK was one of those "bean pole" indicas with long internodes. This looks more like the classic cabbage-like indica, kind of like God Bud. Interesting.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Yea that’s part of the over feeding I did. I followed the FF schedule and it seems like it fee too much N after the flip. This next week it cuts it out completely. I tapered off last feed. I have not flushed, I am a subscriber to the no flush theory. Last two waters were without food so it will get fed in the next 2-3 days. Then planning on going nothing but water the last few weeks.
That's totally cool man. I was as well but sometimes it needs to be done if there is issues. A lot of the time if using pro mix it can be hot from the get go. I just had a batch that was well over 1100 ppm. I didn't know and was using organic nutes and never flushed. I started having issues at the start of flower and tried everything until I finally gave in and flushed my soil. It was through the roof with salts. I noticed a difference in the plants right away after the flush. They are the happiest they have looked yet now. My 2 cents anyway haha.

curious618

curious618

Thanks everyone. I topped it once then LSTd a little into the stretch. This is my first time making it this far so I just wanna get her to the finish line!! She’s had some struggles so I’m just happy it’s made it to this point.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Thanks everyone. I topped it once then LSTd a little into the stretch. This is my first time making it this far so I just wanna get her to the finish line!! She’s had some struggles so I’m just happy it’s made it to this point.
As long as your learning it's a positive! You can only getting better at it. Keep at it, looking good.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
They plants look great man! I am gonna need a favor from ya though, next grow, get that power strip mounted on the poles of the tent somewhere! Lol

curious618

curious618

Day 61. Colas getting fat and trichomes are collecting like crazy! They look to be half milky, half clear. Thinking 2-3 more weeks what about y’all? Will feed once more next week I think then water only.

Last edited:
curious618

curious618

Week 11: She’s a thirsty lady! Thicker colas getting heavy on these branches. Smelling very dank. Majority of trichomes look milky to me.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

She is peak potency right now, I'd be taking her. She shouldn't need full strength nutes right now. Just needs to ripen, I'd give her a straight watering before you chop. Looks good

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Man really? Ready to chop? Best news I’ve heard today!! I’ll give straight water twice then chop. Thanks!
By the time you water it a few times there should be amber coming in in the next week. They will continue to ripen even a few days or so after your chop. You don't want it to go too long and start growing fox tails or have die off inside your buds. Good job dude! Make sure to not flood it when you flush. Make sure you water like your feeding and let it soak through and rinse the salts away without creating channels the water will follow.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

You may start seeing some purple and more yellow coming out which is what you want. Let them eat up the green and the rest of the stored food in the leaves!

curious618

curious618

Getting conflicting opinions between here and another forum. I’m going to just have to feel her out, the plant will let me know when she’s done I think. First time getting this far so just don’t wanna screw it up. So much info to take in!!

Top Bottom