Week 6 flower Please Help!!!!!

• Thread starter BayAreaKushking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BayAreaKushking

I am Growing My first batch of Uk Cheese. i am in week six of flowering. Two days ago everything looked fine now it looks like the pictures included.The leafs are turning yellowish brown and crisping and dying. Any ideas of what might be wrong???. I flushed plants with r/o water hasnt seemed to get any worse.

Week 6 flower please help
Week 6 flower please help 2
Week 6 flower please help 3
Week 6 flower please help 4
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They look nutrient burned to me upon first perusal. A flush might be in order here. If not, at least this'll bump you.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Definitely looks nute burned. What ppm did you feed with before this happened? Did you add/remove any products or change your line-up in any way?

B

BayAreaKushking

I am using advanced and they changed some of there products. it ppms at 1400 ph 6.5 and it is in 7 gallon smart pots with fox farm ocean forrest. r/o water at additives half strength except humic acid, bud candy and big bud 3/4 strength

sensi bloom A and B
mother earth tea bloom
*age old humic acid
bud candy/carbo load
big bud
b 52
Sensizym
rhino skin
bud factor x
sensical mg mix bloom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OUCH! 1400ppms? How are you using all of these nutes? Half strength, but are you feeding them all together, at the same time I mean?

In my opinion, the ppm's of your feed needs dropping. Now, I've only just recently started testing these parameters, but what I did was mix up my feed as I normally do, then tested. It falls in at between 1100-1200ppms, and for most of my girls hitting 1200ppms is too hot.

You won't be able to bring back that which has already been damaged, but you've gotta get that media flushed out, then start over again with the feeding, keeping it simple.

420Gator

420Gator

OUCH! 1400ppms? How are you using all of these nutes? Half strength, but are you feeding them all together, at the same time I mean?

In my opinion, the ppm's of your feed needs dropping. Now, I've only just recently started testing these parameters, but what I did was mix up my feed as I normally do, then tested. It falls in at between 1100-1200ppms, and for most of my girls hitting 1200ppms is too hot.

You won't be able to bring back that which has already been damaged, but you've gotta get that media flushed out, then start over again with the feeding, keeping it simple.

id drop down to zero for a couple weeks by the looks of those pics. Did this happen over night or has it gradually gotten worse? Ive used high ppm but 1400 is something you have to work up to with alot of caution

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

How much b52 are you using? I use advanced as well and like you, I really messed up some plants when they started releasing their new line. One day they were perfectly healthy and green, the next day they looked like yours. I didnt realize which producs were new and which were the old formula so I burned the s**t out of my plants. My culprit was the new B-52 formula that I wasnt aware my hydro store had. Also are you going by their online fedding chart? If so are you using the new one, old one or a mixture of both? There has to be something off in your formula to be using it at 1/4-1/2 strength and still get 1400. Would you mind posting the ml/gal that you are the nutrients at? I use mine barely under full strength and get 1200ppm.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

i agree 1400ppms are way to high also isnt the 6.5ph to high as well i would have the ph down to 5.8 or at least as close to it as possible.... thats is some major burn though so i would keep the RO water only for atleast a week or 2

I

ice1

i partially agree drop your Ph i run 1700 ppm nutes and never have issues like that unless my Ph goes way off

if anything check what your using and make sure stuff aint adding same thing as another product i use a 3 part formula that can add all kinds of other stuff to it but Ph has to be in the right range don't quote me but theres surely a chart here somewhere on this site about what Ph and nutes that shows at different pH's makes different nutes easier to absorb.

i don't believe your problem is from to high ppm i think it's more a Ph issue like said mine run at 1700ppm from day they go into flowering till 2 weeks before harvest and as long as keep Ph set i never had an issue like yours. and I've grown plants that are recommended from beginners to advanced growers and do all the same way. same with some love nutes some don't (i say thats a load of crap just got to get the proper Ph for the plant. yes all will live in very similar Ph levels but some to do there best need Ph tweaked just a Lil different then the rest)

I'd say get you a complete Ph balanced nute line thats know for keeping Ph stable i myself use the technaflora BC line and i use fox farms 3 part flowering additives. to me sounds like nutes you got are made more for soil growing then hydro growing. i've used the BC combo so long i don't even test Ph anymore cause to me it was a waste of time cause it is that stable (or at least it is for me) water level drops a couple inches add more water test Ph was right where it was suppose to be (but thats taken 3 years of growing in a rotational sea-of-green garden set-up none stop )

I

ice1

also rember if you just give the plants RO water and no nutes it needs to have it's ph adjusted some say as low as 5.5 to 6.1

also noticed you said you use ocean forest potting soil have you tested it's ph to see what it is

and then also aint ocean ocean forest a soil that has nutes added to it if so you don't need to add nutes till the plants show signs of nute def. or generally 1 month if plant is growing fast. since in flower at week 6 you aint re-potted recently (month or less ago) if did just give only the ph adjusted RO water and since in soil more or less raise your ph a lil 6.5 is ok for soil myself i prefer 6.8 ph (you can monitor your soils ph by checking run-off)

also have you noticed any colored build up at the tops or bottoms of the planters your plants are in if there's a build up need to flush and remove as much of the excess salts you can.

also since in soil do you let it dry out soil not drying out can cause major issues also. your whole problem could be a combo of these that i mentioned or just 1 alone best way to figure it out is first adjust Ph to for the substrate you use those leafs thats are burn will stay as they are burnt till they fall from the plant there's no way anything you do will fix them all you can do is make sure it don't get worse. I'd if i was you just use ph'd RO water for your style of grow medium.

and most importantly don't give up cause of this Lil set-back even the best breeders have made mistakes thats killed there plant just rember to learn from this so you never repeat any mistakes you made so you can do it better next time

B

BayAreaKushking

So i used 30gal of r/o water and mixed
240ml Sensi A&B Bloom-2.1ml per liter- New bottle says mix 4ml per liter
170ml Mother Earth Tea Bloom-1.5ml per liter-bottle recomends 1.25-3.75ml per liter
25 tablespoons "AgeOld Humic"-less than 1tbsp per gal-bottle says mix 1-2 tbsp per gal
200ml B-52-1.75ml per liter-bottle says mix 2ml per liter
227ml Bud Candy/Carboload-2ml per liter-New bottle recomends 2ml per liter
227ml Senizymn-2ml per liter-New bottle recomends 2ml per liter
45g Big Bud Powder-.39g per liter- recomends 10g per 20 liters
141ml Sensical Mg Mix bloom-1.25ml per liter- bottle recomends 1.25ml per liter
100ml Bud factor X-1ml per liter-bottle recomends 2ml per liter
100ml Rhino Skin-1ml per liter- bottle recomends 2ml per liter

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, that's quite a recipe. I only use Big Bud, out of that list, and I used it at reco'd dosage, but that was their only feed. In pH adjusted RO water, of course, and with additional Ca/Mg (except that last dose late in flower, no Ca/Mg).

That's a LOT of food to be giving them all at once, a lot of different things. I would simplify (as was not too recently advised to yours truly) to a bloom food, if they're in coco use Ca/Mg, and then when you use the bloom boosters use them by themselves. I would alternate any other bloom boosters that require a more regular dosing rate.

But, that's just me, and remember, I have not used any of those other products except Big Bud (and I liked it). Oh, I *do* use Humax, but that's another manu's product and I use it a little differently in coco than soil.

B

BayAreaKushking

So I watered again last night with R/o water 6.5 ph around 30/40ppm. so i then tested my run off and it was 5.3 ph and ppm of the chart and my pen goes to 1990ppm.so my plan is to keep using water until i see the ppm run off drop some or at least is readable on my pen. Not sure if ph needs adjusting???whats ur opinions??

R

REGISTRD

So i used 30gal of r/o water and mixed
240ml Sensi A&B Bloom-2.1ml per liter- New bottle says mix 4ml per liter
170ml Mother Earth Tea Bloom-1.5ml per liter-bottle recomends 1.25-3.75ml per liter
25 tablespoons "AgeOld Humic"-less than 1tbsp per gal-bottle says mix 1-2 tbsp per gal
200ml B-52-1.75ml per liter-bottle says mix 2ml per liter
227ml Bud Candy/Carboload-2ml per liter-New bottle recomends 2ml per liter
227ml Senizymn-2ml per liter-New bottle recomends 2ml per liter
45g Big Bud Powder-.39g per liter- recomends 10g per 20 liters
141ml Sensical Mg Mix bloom-1.25ml per liter- bottle recomends 1.25ml per liter
100ml Bud factor X-1ml per liter-bottle recomends 2ml per liter
100ml Rhino Skin-1ml per liter- bottle recomends 2ml per liter

WOW... THis is a prime example of why FAt mikes RICH!!
Dude stick to your sensi A/B and Big bud and youll see the exact results.....

L

LoRdOvDaBuD

nice, hope u sort the problem and get to smoke her, good luck

dentonland

dentonland

Sounds like your planted in dirt. With that run off /ppm/ u got serious nute/salt build up in ur medium. Clean it out /flush/ and keep it low like seamaiden said...

S

skindeep35

So I watered again last night with R/o water 6.5 ph around 30/40ppm. so i then tested my run off and it was 5.3 ph and ppm of the chart and my pen goes to 1990ppm.so my plan is to keep using water until i see the ppm run off drop some or at least is readable on my pen. Not sure if ph needs adjusting???whats ur opinions??

dude simply raise your ph level a lil more to bring your soil back to 6.3 i would go a gallon of water at a time until u get your run off to AT LEAST 6.2

in other words you have to PH UP your soil so you may have to PH your water to like 7 plus...know what I mean?

and smart pots tend to retain salts in those fibers...im about to flush mine just a a preventive measure and there is more yellowing in the tips than i would like to see

i use smart pots, ffof, and the whole ff nute schedule starting @ 1/4 strength and keep bummin up as they respond...

i also have been using ca/mg plus at half strength
hygrozyme at half strength
and silica blast at full strength

hope this helps

Top Bottom