Week 6 Flowers

• Thread starter Dankstar1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankstar1234

Dankstar1234

When will the pistils start turning color? Terps are still very clear and not cloudy at all. I'm getting nervous my girl isn't maturing fast enough. I heard flowering can take up to 12 weeks. Is this true because the plant has to fully mature. Also any help on a possible yield numbers anyone this just from the few pictures let me know.
Week 6 flowers
Week 6 flowers 2
Week 6 flowers 3
Week 6 flowers 4
Week 6 flowers 5

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
When will the pistils start turning color? Terps are still very clear and not cloudy at all. I'm getting nervous my girl isn't maturing fast enough. I heard flowering can take up to 12 weeks. Is this true because the plant has to fully mature. Also any help on a possible yield numbers anyone this just from the few pictures let me know.
View attachment 727068 View attachment 727069 View attachment 727070 View attachment 727071 View attachment 727072
Come on bro, you gotta do better than that. What strain are we talking? and is 12 weeks the stated flower time from the breeder. They can be off sometimes. At 12 wks I';m thinking your running a sativa.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Mhhhhhh SM OG should finish up around 8-9 weeks. When you say npk 1 5 4 and bloom rated at 11 35 4 between those 2 your running too much N in flower. thats around 12% of N per feed. npk the letter n stands for nitrogen and the 1st number as the bloom mix you stated 11 35 4 the 11 stands for N.

Have you had any light leaks or changes in your photoperiod? Im mean other than when you flipped them to 12/12 As this may cause the plant to reveg which would account for it not finishing and the pistils staying white. Look for any oddities in the leaf formation like only 2 or 3 fingers as this is a sign she has revegged. Check that link I posted and see if anything ther fits your symptoms.

SMOG is heavy indica so its not a sativa. That would have made this easy because Sativas can be finicky during flower as the are an equatorial strain and can take longer to finish than the posted flower time. But this isnt the case. Scratches head............

Dankstar1234

Dankstar1234

She's been at 12/12 for 6 weeks no mess up on timer. The light leaks are minimal due to closet grow covered up by sheets and cloths. The 1-5-4 is a regular feed and the 11-35-18 is once every three or four feedings. Only thing I can keep thinking is it will take longer because ideally it has 3 more weeks. But will it mature in that time? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

View attachment 727068 View attachment 727069 View attachment 727070 View attachment 727071 View attachment 727072

Pics are hard to tell yield my friend what is the strain is it a hybrid sativa dominant? A sativa will take longer to mature. Patience my friend you can not Rush that what is in no hurry.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Pics are hard to tell yield my friend what is the strain is it a hybrid sativa dominant? A sativa will take longer to mature. Patience my friend you can not Rush that what is in no hurry.
no bro smog is a heavy hitting indica typically finishes in 8-10 weeks. Depending on preference

L

Lucy66

I am observing the growing of my little plant with my new bought ceramic grow light and it begins to flower. Also wondering how long the flower period takes.

Monster762

Monster762

Only bloom nutes I use too at npk 1-5-4 and 11-35-18
That is way high nitrogen. You want n to drop to near nothing and just the p&k to go up. Your first nute is minimal. But that second 11-35-18 gots to go in my opinion. I'm running 0-10-0.6 with calmag to put 1% nitrogen and rhino skin and bud candy for more potassium. Everyone has their own mixes but I think you are definately running toooo much nitrogen in flower.

Monster762

Monster762

I am observing the growing of my little plant with my new bought ceramic grow light and it begins to flower. Also wondering how long the flower period takes.
Flower will depend on strain mostly

plm

plm

Patience is a virtue my friend which, unfortunately, not all possess it... same goes to you, give her the time she needs to finish, and never judge by the pistils or data sheets, not all plants grow and develop accordingly to a data sheet with strain specs, the growth and development rate from seed to harvest is governed by your skills as a grower as well as the conditions you created for her in the first place.

Get a LED microscope 30x - 60x and always check the trichomes, ALWAYS proceed to harvest when trichomes shift color from clear, transparent to as it follows:
- mostly cloudy and 10% amber for an uplifting and energetic effect
- 60% amber for a heavy couch locking zombie-like effect

If you really like to feel the differences between those phases, you should harvest in different stages of ripeness.
Also if you prefer your smoke more smooth rather than harsh, you should give it a try at water curing.

Most prefer to harvest when 10-30% are amber, including myself.
In the end, it all breaks down to personal perference.
Hope this helps, good vibes your way.

Last edited:
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

They look great. Like everyone is saying PATIENCE. lol. She will tell you when she's ready. My girls are on day 42 and still all white pistils. Stubborn girls. They're starting to bulk up now tho. As you can see they still have a ways to go tho. Gotta be patient.

IMG 7615
IMG 7585
IMG 7587

Latest posts

Top Bottom