Week 6 of Flower & Leaves are Turning Purple/Brownish Red

• Thread starter ShadowKhan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

Title says it all, I'm in about week 6 of flower and I know that near the end of the plants life cycle plant leaves begin to turn yellow, and wilt. However these symptoms don't match with some of the things cropping up over the last week or so

Week 6 of flower  leaves are turning purplebrownish red 2

Week 6 of flower  leaves are turning purplebrownish red 3

The plant is receiving a 3-in-1 dose of nutrients bi-weekly of General Hydroponics Flora Series. I've been following a chart regarding these nutrients given to me by my local plant store (see below)

Week 6 of flower  leaves are turning purplebrownish red

Mostly been sticking with a light feed schedule all the way up until about week 4 or 5 of Mid Bloom and then bumped it
up to Medium Feed. Took a PPM reading around this time and it was on par with what was on the chart. That was about a week and a half ago, give or take. Just this morning I flushed, with a pH of about 6.2-6.3, took a PPM reading and it came out to around 1500... way off what the chart says I should be at. Did I just kill my plant with over feeding? Any help here would be much appreciated.

Plant is on a 12 on, 12 off cycle, and has actually been doing excellent until recently. I will admit I've been a bit naughty and haven't been running my humidifier to keep rH up, but would it really cause symptoms like this? Here are a couple more photos to hopefully help gauge what the issue might be. Any suggestions again, greatly appreciated.

Week 6 of flower  leaves are turning purplebrownish red 4

Week 6 of flower  leaves are turning purplebrownish red 5

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Your worrying over nothing

The first pic ; some strains turn purple some will even get a very dark purple it’s the plants genetics.

There two reasons why a plant will turn purple one is it’s to cold the other is genetics some actually force the plants to turn purple by lowering the temps ussaly done by dealers to increase bag appeal

The last pic is splash damage where you watered with nutes and some got splashed

Overall you plant looks fine tbh it looks well cared for any pretty darn nice 👌 🙂

ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

Your worrying over nothing

The first pic ; some strains turn purple some will even get a very dark purple it’s the plants genetics.

There two reasons why a plant will turn purple one is it’s to cold the other is genetics some actually force the plants to turn purple by lowering the temps ussaly done by dealers to increase bag appeal

The last pic is splash damage where you watered with nutes and some got splashed

Overall you plant looks fine tbh it looks well cared for any pretty darn nice 👌 🙂
Thank you so much for the compliment I really appreciate it! On the other hand, that last bit wouldn't make any sense to me, because where the picture of that leaf was taken is on the complete opposite side of the plant from where she gets watered, if that makes sense? It would have been very difficult for a droplet to land on that side of the plant.

7munkee

7munkee

It's no good bro....give it to me I will dispose of it for you. 😁

Seriously, It's more than likely just senescence...the end of an annual plant's life. Fall colors if you will. Colder night temps in autumn can also cause the plant to produce anthocyanin, a pigment that causes reddish/blueish/blackish pigments. Not a bad thing.

And I agree with Gmix.. That girl looks well cared for. Beautiful job.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thank you so much for the compliment I really appreciate it! On the other hand, that last bit wouldn't make any sense to me, because where the picture of that leaf was taken is on the complete opposite side of the plant from where she gets watered, if that makes sense? It would have been very difficult for a droplet to land on that side of the plant.
Yeah looking at it again and with what your saying it probably isn’t splash damage however it’s definitely nothing to worry about it’s not a issue that needs treatment. More a blemish than anything else

Latest posts

Top Bottom