Week 7-8 Flowering, Leaves discoloration/burnt?

• Thread starter Shad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shad

Shad

Hello everyone!

This being my first post I will introduce myself: I am Shad a new grower from Canada. Gardening is something I really enjoy and find peace doing. Living in Quebec where we have short summers and long winters I began a personal project in creating my own indoor garden to be able to have fun all year round. I am currently finishing up my first true cannabis growing experience and believe I am coming across a problematic. I am basically looking for a little insight to see if things are going how they should be or if there is a problem I am looking to learn from it.

I have picked up this handy check list to try and get you all the info out that is needed.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

I am growing from seed 2 Green Crack and 1 Cali OG-Kush/Haze. Both of them are said to take 9-10 weeks flowering time.

2. How old are your plants?

The plants were vegged for 2.5 months and have been in flower for 7.5 weeks now.

3. How tall are your plants?

Too tall, about 4' from the top of the pot.

4. What size containers are they planted in?

7 Gallon fabric container

5. What is your soil mix?

Regular well draining potting soil with a bit of pearlite from hydro store.

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

About once every 3-4 days when the pot gets light. I have soil humidity sensors in each pot monitored over wifi with alerts set up when it gets too low.
I use regular tap water which sits in a range from 7-8.3. I then lower the ph to 6-6.5 before feeding. I feed nutes every other watering. I have been feeding them around 12-15L of water per feeding to ensure proper runoff.

7. What is the pH of your water?

View above.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

NutriPlus Starting Kit, http://www.nutri-plus.ca/startingkit_en.html

Probably wasn't the best idea to go with a full kit for a first time grow but I guess it was something I had to try. I am learning!
Nutri+ Bloom: A+B = 7-4-11 NPK
Pure Black (20% of humic acid)
Following the Nutri+ recipe, at this stage I am also adding Carborator (sugars), Bud+ (1-15-40), Bloom boost (0-50-30).

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

No spraying.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

2000W Phlizon LED grow light

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

About 12" from the top of the canopy.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

4x4 grow tent

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

Between 19C when lights off and 24-26C when lights on. RH sits in a range of 38-50%.

14. What is the pH of the soil?

Not sure of the soils PH. but the run off measures around 6.4-6.7

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

I have noticed one fly from time to time.. nothing serious I don't think. He got squashed. I check the leaves often and haven't noticed anything unusual.

16. How much experience do you have growing?

This is my first true grow, I have learned a lot and still have far to go.

-------
My plants have been pretty healthy for almost their whole lives other than a bit of nute burn ( still learning! ). Over a few days time the 2 Green Cracks have been slightly yellowing almost all over the plant. I have read multiple times that late in flowering yellowing leaves is normal, but is it also normal that they droop and do not look like the happy plants they have always been? Right beside these plants I am comparing to my Cali OG-Kush/Haze that looks really happy with leaves pointing up whereas the Green Cracks are pointing down and started somewhat clawing. The Green Cracks: The edges of some of the leaves are almost white ( is this light bleaching?) with some red bits from time to time. Other leaves have black rust/rot looking spots showing up in the tips of the leaves. They have now started to affect the bud site leaves so it is getting me worried as I am clueless. The last few weeks I have been losing a lot of leaves, yellowing off and falling, also wondering if this is normal at this stage? There are still quite a few left but is worrying me nevertheless.

My feeding about a week ago is where I think I went wrong. I knew I shouldn't have but I didn't have a choice. Our home runs off of well water and this is what I use to feed my plants. Last week at feeding time the well ran dry and the pump started bringing in a bunch of little black specs in with the water (residue in the bottom of well). I therefore watered my plants with a bunch of little black specs which I think is what is making them sick. I am not at all a water expert so I could not tell you what is in it but my guess is that this residue is what is making my plants sick ( after doing some research it might be iron or manganese). I have been thinking about giving them a good flush, in hopes that they pop back up and happy before harvest time comes around, but it is right around the corner.

I have attached a few photos of the problems I am having in hopes that someone will have a bit of insight for me. I have tried looking at multiple posts and the deficiency charts but it is not very evident for a new grower to pin point on problems, nor knowing how to solve them. Sorry for the blurple light picture but I think you can see the discoloration anyways. I will take more pics when the lights come on and the babies are awake!

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, it is much appreciated!

Shad

Greencrackfloweringleaftipsbrowningjpg
Greencrackfloweringleaftipsyellowingjpg
Greencrackfloweringplantyellowingjpg
Top Bottom