Week 7 Flower small buds please help

• Thread starter Ben.Jamin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Ben.Jamin

I have 8 different strains going under 1000w SpiderFarmer with CO2. Compared to my Blue Cheese, last pic week 8 in my other room under 750w no CO2.
The week 7 strains seem to be behind and 1 in particular is way behind in my opinion. I am counting from the day I flipped 12/12.
Anyone have any ideas what could be going on if anything? No bugs, feed 1100 ppm once a week, RO water. This is my first grow under these lights where the buds are small at week 7. They typically are the size of golf balls in not bigger.

Week 7 flower small buds please help
Week 7 flower small buds please help 2
Week 7 flower small buds please help 3
Week 7 flower small buds please help 4
Week 7 flower small buds please help 5
Week 7 flower small buds please help 6
Week 7 flower small buds please help 7
Week 7 flower small buds please help 8
Week 7 flower small buds please help 9
Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

The leaf curl looks kinda like heat stress or a calcium/Magnesium deficiency. What are you feeding them? If you use RO water you have to be more precise with what your giving it because there’s no minerals in it like calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and trace minerals like iron, zinc and magnesium.
As far as the light idk what the distance or setting should be that a question for @Captspaulding

B

Ben.Jamin

The leaf curl looks kinda like heat stress or a calcium/Magnesium deficiency. What are you feeding them? If you use RO water you have to be more precise with what your giving it because there’s no minerals in it like calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and trace minerals like iron, zinc and magnesium.
As far as the light idk what the distance or setting should be that a question for @Captspaulding
Lights are 18" plus above the canopy. Temps is below 75 RH 45%. Most of my water comes from condensate from my A/C's. I feed them with advanced nutrients, Sensi Bloom and also add in fower booster 2 weeks into flower. I add calmag during veg and first couple weeks of flower. Typically I am feeding them Saturday's with water in between the week. PH 5.8 with nutrients and 6.2 PH just water.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Lights are 18" plus above the canopy. Temps is below 75 RH 45%. Most of my water comes from condensate from my A/C's. I feed them with advanced nutrients, Sensi Bloom and also add in fower booster 2 weeks into flower. I add calmag during veg and first couple weeks of flower. Typically I am feeding them Saturday's with water in between the week. PH 5.8 with nutrients and 6.2 PH just water.
maybe you should not use air conditioner water

B

Ben.Jamin

4 of them stretched 6 ft tall, so my light is up as high as it can go, the shorter ones are more than 18" from light. They all are indica dominant maybe the overstretch is an indication of something?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
4 of them stretched 6 ft tall, so my light is up as high as it can go, the shorter ones are more than 18" from light. They all are indica dominant maybe the overstretch is an indication of something?
Heavy metals are in the water from your A/C, I would not use that water for anything.
Very thin leaves typically correlates with small nugs and a longer flowering time.

B

Ben.Jamin

Heavy metals are in the water from your A/C, I would not use that water for anything.
Very thin leaves typically correlates with small nugs and a longer flowering time.
Are heavy metals read through a PPM meter? If so my meter reads 0, and I have been using this type of water for 3-4 years in this setup and this is the first time I am experiencing small buds, typically I am getting nothing but big ass nugs and huge colas falling over, I have not changed my routine or nutes which is why this grow is throwing me off my game and I have bo clue what the hell is wrong.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
gotcha, it's a mini-split with condensate hose, it's not coming from a central AC with rusted catch tray and the water reads 0 ppm. I use the same water/nutes on my Blue Cheese in overflow room I setup and they are looking great.
Well, I would do everything you can to get that heat stress under control. If you are maxed out on height, try to think outside the box some if there may be an option there.
Otherwise I would crank that output % 10-15
It’s showing mag, and slight cal.
I would kick up your bloom nutes a bit as well.
They are hungry.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Are heavy metals read through a PPM meter? If so my meter reads 0, and I have been using this type of water for 3-4 years in this setup and this is the first time I am experiencing small buds, typically I am getting nothing but big ass nugs and huge colas falling over, I have not changed my routine or nutes which is why this grow is throwing me off my game and I have bo clue what the hell is wrong.
Not all strains are created equal.
Unless you have been exclusively running the same strains then you can have a set formula.
Otherwise I like to do a test run with new genetics to see what a new strains baseline needs are, then I throw the kitchen sink at them.
Also, the ac water, you have to imagine for a second all the possible things that an ac filter isn’t getting. None of them are equipped with hepa gear unless you upgrade your gear.
Otherwise , no most things that will be left in the water will have no bearing on ppm, these things may cause a spine collectively when a perfect storm of bs named Murphy shows up.
If you have been running the same ac 4 years, wear and tear man. Wierd shit can start happening.

B

Ben.Jamin

Well, I would do everything you can to get that heat stress under control. If you are maxed out on height, try to think outside the box some if there may be an option there.
Otherwise I would crank that output % 10-15
It’s showing mag, and slight cal.
I would kick up your bloom nutes a bit as well.
They are hungry

The lights are roughly 18" from the tallest plant. The tips of the flowers read 75 degrees with Temp gun. My room is consistently running at about 72 degrees, when CO2 generator turns out the room heats to 75 for about 5 min or so then goes back down. Do you think I should still lower the intensity of the light?

I will add Calmag back into my water and add second feed day instead of once a week go to twice a week. Hopefully they start filling out as at this point I want to throw them in the trash and not waste anymore resources on them.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

The lights are roughly 18" from the tallest plant. The tips of the flowers read 75 degrees with Temp gun. My room is consistently running at about 72 degrees, when CO2 generator turns out the room heats to 75 for about 5 min or so then goes back down. Do you think I should still lower the intensity of the light?

I will add Calmag back into my water and add second feed day instead of once a week go to twice a week. Hopefully they start filling out as at this point I want to throw them in the trash and not waste anymore resources on them.
you could always bend the tallest branch over a little bit nice and slow so you dont break it creating an arch sorta like the cb antenna on this old cop car

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

That escalated quickly.
It’s a bold strategy. 🤣
Leaf temps don’t mean jack. That’s wholly subjective to strain. I would indeed turn that sucker down. 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
you could always bend the tallest branch over a little bit nice and slow so you dont break it creating an arch sorta like the cb antenna on this old cop car
View attachment 2137112
Absolutely, won’t take the heat/light stress away.
Its penetration is low on the canopy and not just affecting the top side…..from my porch anyways. Moving stalks cb antenna style will help though. 👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom