Week 8 from seedling WW Auto's, too tall?

• Thread starter chodobagginz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chodobagginz

chodobagginz

First time grower and about two months in. I have a sunsystem 315w cmh in a 4x4 with a 400cfm fan and am running coco coir with the general hydroponics flora trio. Been keeping track of Ph and EC with no issue, temp and Rh good but these bad boys got way taller than I had anticipated. Looking to get some eyes on these and hopefully get some of your guys' thoughts on what's going on here.
Week 8 from seedling ww autos too tall 2
Week 8 from seedling ww autos too tall 3
Week 8 from seedling ww autos too tall 4

Week 8 from seedling ww autos too tall
Week 8 from seedling ww autos too tall 5
Yoyi83

Yoyi83

I'm new too but they seem tall. 8 weeks?! That's crazy surprised it hasn't switched to flower. If you lollipop it might slow the growth.

chodobagginz

chodobagginz

They're definitely flowering, there are plenty of bud sites around the size of a quarter/half dollar. It stopped stretching a few days back (maybe a week). I'm afraid if I try to lollipop they'll end up looking like stalks of corn lol.

Yoyi83

Yoyi83

I think it'll be fine then. If you see it get some light burn just switch places with the plant to the left.

Dino70

Dino70

I'm new too but they seem tall. 8 weeks?! That's crazy surprised it hasn't switched to flower. If you lollipop it might slow the growth.
If your plants are to tall and my be getting to close to the light look up on supper cropping or high street training or what ever people call it take and squeeze the stem in your fingers and bend the top over and have the top lay over on its side in a way that it's not on top of another top and make your canopy be careful not to brake the stem if you do it can die but if you are successful couple of days they will recover and if you lose a top at lest you learned something and there not in risk of burning this technique can be used at any stage of Growth good luck

Roybart

Roybart

be careful not to brake the stem if you do it can die
Nope, the plant will survive this OK Unless it's a clean break, move the broken end to the position you want it in. Support it and then tape up the break with whatever tape you have or a bandaid will work too. If it snapped clean off, just make a splint and tape both ends.

Akabudz

Akabudz

+1 @Beachwalker
Never grown autos, but I would def take this advice, watch a few vids on how to bend and train, and you should not break anything. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Yoyi83

Yoyi83

I'd do lst and topping next run its easy I did it this time it's my first round I tried super cropping worked for me as well I broke it scared me but the tape fixed it but I felt bad for my plant lol so stood with lst for the others lol.

Top Bottom