Week 8 Wtf?

• Thread starter soulrev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soulrev

soulrev

Week 8 of flower, using NFT system, this one plant is dying, the others are all perfectly healthy. Not sure why just this one plant. The symptoms appear to be broken branch/stalk but everything is intact. Flowering time should be 10 weeks or so, and this plant has been slow going for the past 2 weeks. The leaves just started dying like this 2 days ago. I know yellow/dying fan leaves is normal for end of flower, but these are still green and just curled up like little sagging tacos and dying.

Week 8 wtf
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Week 8 of flower, using NFT system, this one plant is dying, the others are all perfectly healthy. Not sure why just this one plant. The symptoms appear to be broken branch/stalk but everything is intact. Flowering time should be 10 weeks or so, and this plant has been slow going for the past 2 weeks. The leaves just started dying like this 2 days ago. I know yellow/dying fan leaves is normal for end of flower, but these are still green and just curled up like little sagging tacos and dying.
Damn man, that sucks
Ok a few questions,
Strain
Environment
Soil or hydro
Nute line
Any recent changes
Indoor /outdoor
This will let the community know what to focus on

Leaves do yellow into flower
But stress would also cause it
Deficiencies
Burns from light and nutes
Bugs
Temp
Something happened and with more info maybe we can point you in the right direction
It sucks anytime your hard work results in a bad or damaged plant

soulrev

soulrev

Strain: Unknown - though most likely White Widow
Indoor, NFT (hydro) system with Emerald Harvest nutrients
Temp. 65-70
Humidity 40-45%
No recent changes.

I cannot for the life of me think why this is happening to just one plant. There are 10 plants in the system, all the same strain, all the others look wonderful. This one is towards the front of the channel, though, and I have noticed remarkably different growth rates between the plants in the front of the channels and the plants in the middle/end of the channels. The ones at the front (closest to water inlet) are smaller, slower growing (possibly water flowing too fast over roots in that zone, a design flaw I intend to fix next round)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Strain: Unknown - though most likely White Widow
Indoor, NFT (hydro) system with Emerald Harvest nutrients
Temp. 65-70
Humidity 40-45%
No recent changes.

I cannot for the life of me think why this is happening to just one plant. There are 10 plants in the system, all the same strain, all the others look wonderful. This one is towards the front of the channel, though, and I have noticed remarkably different growth rates between the plants in the front of the channels and the plants in the middle/end of the channels. The ones at the front (closest to water inlet) are smaller, slower growing (possibly water flowing too fast over roots in that zone, a design flaw I intend to fix next round)
Damn man, shoot all sounds legit and the way it’s supposed to be. That one branch does look like she may have gotten handling damage?
Cut out any bad stems in case you have a mold taking hold, follow the branch back to junction at main stem. Does it look like it’s dying from there?
If so, mold had taken hold, remove any above the stem where you see dead growth. It’s could be a fungal issue, I’ve seen that in my grows .

soulrev

soulrev

It's the whole tree not just one branch, unfortunately. The other good leaves you see are from the other plants. But yeah the whole tree is like this now. Checked the leaves and buds for mold but not seeing anything at all, no bugs nothing. I'm wondering if it could be something in the roots? The pH stays level at 5.8 and PPMs climb about 100 ppms per day. It's dry here so the reservoir water evaps quickly, too. I usually start out around 900-950 and it climbs to 1250 before I change the water and put fresh nutes in. Trichomes are still clear, no ambers, so I figure to start flushing next week (week 9)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yep chop her as soon as you can see any trichomes clouding up.
Could be root zone man, shoot grab a snap of the rootzone .

soulrev

soulrev

Also this close to finishing line, I figure there's not much point in doing anything drastic to save one plant that didn't produce much bud anyway. The other plants are huge, thick dense buds. Possible the other trees in that channel are suffocating the roots to this one plant??

soulrev

soulrev

Also this close to finishing line, I figure there's not much point in doing anything drastic to save one plant that didn't produce much bud anyway. The other plants are huge, thick dense buds. Possible the other trees in that channel are suffocating the roots to this one plant??

Also if I chop this plant I won't be able to pull the roots out of the channel without destroying the roots to the other trees, so if I chop it those roots are just going to decay and cause more problems, aren't they?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Also if I chop this plant I won't be able to pull the roots out of the channel without destroying the roots to the other trees, so if I chop it those roots are just going to decay and cause more problems, aren't they?
Yes they will, if chopping early, cut at stem and leave root all until othersra are done

L

lloyddub

A thought I am having is that this could be heat stress related.

Top Bottom