Weeping Widows!

• Thread starter adaptolife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
adaptolife

adaptolife

I have 2 white widows that are having some lower leaves die. They are over 3', and appear normal otherwise.
They are in dwc using GH nutes, well water, 6.0 ph using 4x 100w 6400k cfl's and a 95w 3 band ufo led. A proven combo that has worked for me very nicely.
The grow is enclosed at outdoor ambient temp in central fl (upper 80's/lower 90's in daytime, and I run the lights at night. I think my issue is temp-related, and if so, theres not much I can do. I have 2 fans for ventilation, and an oscillating tower fan for circulation.
Any ideas?

adaptolife

adaptolife

They are not yellowing and then dying. Some lower leaves are just wilting and dropping off. And not in one spot, but scattered. I'll post some pics

J

justhydronow

For me it’s a sign of nitrogen deficiency, go and get nutrients that can increase this vital ingredient.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

They are not yellowing and then dying. Some lower leaves are just wilting and dropping off. And not in one spot, but scattered. I'll post some pics

It sounds like heat and yes the plants are dying, just one leaf at a time.. if you can get the humidity up to around 70% and keep the temp in the lower 80's you'd be better off but without a chance to breathe properly those plants will wilt until there are no leaves and die (look up Vapor Pressure Deficit). You should try running a kush or afghani strain.. they do better in heat with low humidity. White Widow is adapted to a cooler environment (think Holland).

For me it’s a sign of nitrogen deficiency, go and get nutrients that can increase this vital ingredient.

I wouldn't add any additional issues, without pics and a sound diagnosis the better advice might be to let up off nutes, but I doubt that's your issue.. Also your ph is kinda low it would be better near 6.5-7.0 if you're in soil which sounds like you are... don't think that's so much an issue either.

When my ladies start losing leaves from the bottom up it's cause they are suffocating from heat and low humidity, I turn off some lights and get the fans blaring...

adaptolife

adaptolife

They are in dwc with gh nutes. Summer cycle is tough here. Grew Full Moon last summer with no problem. Got no ac in grow room. A fan blowing in and another blowing out. Humidity is plenty. Could use an exhale bag. I'll post a pic

buddahslave

buddahslave

I don't think you have a problem, on a 3' plant the lower leaves don't receive enough light to sustain life so they die off, but I don't know if that is the case with your plant because most growers cut off the lower leaves any way. If you could post a picture it would be easier for us to diagnose the problem if there is one. The top of the plant is what matter most but the lower plants could be signs of a future problem but there will be early signs in the upper leaves like curling of wrinkling and so one. Please post a pic when you can.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If there's high heat in this instance, the worst thing to do is try to push N. I've killed literally dozens of plants one grow doing just that, because a mod on another forum who was considered 'expert' (all he can discuss, and not even intelligently, is NPK. He literally believes that's *all* that plants need) told me to start pushing the N. Only took a few days for them to fry to a crisp and die. Lesson learned! N- and heat stress can look exactly alike.

adaptolife

adaptolife

Pics of white widow 1. 42", flimmed once, week 8 in 12/12 with lots of stretching.
WW1 1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is that week 8 since flipping into flower...? That is a very stretched out WW.

adaptolife

adaptolife

Yes, it took a few weeks for buds to start. It's a big plant to be sharing. 4x4 room with another ww and a 14" Ice.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seed start, then, not a clone? Because otherwise, I'd say she is very far behind where she should be. Do you supercrop, or would that not help you with the stretching right now? Seems that the heat has caused some stretching, but I don't see the yellowing leaves you're talking about.

adaptolife

adaptolife

This is what the lower half looks like. Should probably remove the sucker shit, but I don't trim blooming plants. I remove damaged leaves, that's it. The room got 4 branches. A shame it stretched so much.
WW1 5

buddahslave

buddahslave

I personally don't think you have a problem, the lower level of your plant looks the way it does because of the distance the light to the bottom of the plant. From what I can see the bottom of that plant is not receiving any light at all and those stems should have been cut off before flowering. If you are concerned about the heat just add some silicate and reduce you nutrient by half. The plant is stretching because the light is either to far from it or the lumens are too low. How far is the light and what is the wattage of the bulb?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's really not so bad. Not the prettiest, but it really looks ok outside of all that stretch. Thing is, if it stays hot, you are going to pull larfy buds that will greatly annoy you.

Reebs

Reebs

ya looks like not enough light to me. try a lil more acidic PH too, like 5.7-5.8.

i've always noticed that plants later in bloom need more of an acidic PH level, i've been alright following that.

Top Bottom