Weight-lifting, circuit training, cardio--anyone else here like to toke prior?

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I found a guy on YouTube who absolutely insists that you can't do weight training and smoke weed at the same time. I'm not all buffed out, so I can't counterpoint him. I feel like it's just easier to get the workout done if I've had some good tokes just prior, and it's even better if I can continue toking through the workout. No luck toking in the company gym, but that's the price.

Anyone else here work out on a regular basis (we're at 6 days/week) and toke? Are you able to get a good session in when you've just toked? I love shifting paradigms so if you're a paradigm-shifter I would enjoy seeing you post about it. Before or during your routine?

Now, I just finished my first two week experience with circuit training and, OH MY GOD. Shit makes ya sweat, but what I really dug about it is how it didn't task my right shoulder that was thrown out when I tried to go up when doing the heavy weight lifting. But, we're cycling the workouts and so it's back to the heavy lifting with the special gloves.

My husband is a former bodybuilder and personal trainer, so I've been letting him make all the work-out decisions, guide that course. Now my forearms are poppin' like Popeye's! Looks kind of funny if you ask me, I only noticed them the other night.

When we were doing Mt. Zion husband pleased me greatly by pointing out that the trails we'll be taking in the Palisades are nowhere nearly as steep as what we encounter there. Worst I've done to date is at NCGA's place, DAMN that man's got some steep roads out there!

So far he hasn't said anything about me toking while we do our cardio hikes, but I think he thinks I'm a little whacked for it. But how can you NOT toke when you're out in God's country, under the beautiful sky, walking in the woods in a place where if you look west you can see out to the delta and if you look east you see the high Sierra? How can you not?

And a one and a two and a three...! :character0029:

M

mrbong73

I know what you're saying. I can use herb to get in the zone.
I was trying to keep up with the crossfit guys for awhile but it damn near killed me...
Try one of the WODs and see what you think.

E

E.T.

I run marathon's high...training under the influence makes it much more enjoyable

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh... Jesus, do I even show this to my husband? He's currently preparing for the Tough Mudder Challenge at Squaw Valley in September. Part of that preparation led to him entering the Oakland Half-Marathon (you may have seen my thread, "Dimebag!?! Copywatch!?! about the street theater my sister used to liven up the action at Marker 21).

As for me...? Keeping up with that? No way in hell. It's been hard enough as it is, I've got the back injury to contend with and, while I truly am not only getting much stronger but am experiencing a lot less pain, it still has a great impact. Probably due in part to my age, I'm injured somewhat easily, especially aggravating old injuries. Maybe it's more because I'm clumsy, I don't know...

Looking at the routines, it is a bit like circuit training, except the way we do it we do all the weights first, as fast as we can, as many reps as we can, and then do the cardio last, which is astonishingly where I feel like I'm finally getting a rest. I am not a cardio queen by any stretch of the imagination. I was the kid who could move those 100lb sacks of pellets and big bales of hay for you, but I wouldn't have been too quick about it.

Gotta read more, but, are you married to the weights they're showing? If so, damn..... no wonder it almost killed you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I forgot to mention that my husband is still looking for a partner or team for Tough Mudder.
I run marathon's high...training under the influence makes it much more enjoyable
May I ask what your average time is?

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Howdy young lady, I thought I was a crazy for goin to the gym blasted as I like to say, but i'm in total agreement, a nice session b4 workin out allows me to focus more on the task at hand, i'm usually a little to far gone by the time I get goin but it also keeps me from wanting to run right outta the place, i'm up to about 2 hours per session and have been makin steady progress in my goals to lose weight and bulk up, Peace SSP

M

mrbong73

Oh... Jesus, do I even show this to my husband? As for me...? Keeping up with that? No way in hell.
Gotta read more, but, are you married to the weights they're showing? If so, damn..... no wonder it almost killed you.

I would usually do a scaled down version. The BrandX
site posts the scaled version suitable to most people.
It will get you in crazy good shape, fast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, every day they throw a different workout at you? That's been pretty much the whole concept behind how Dave's been tailoring our workouts. This is very cool... I'm debating bringing it up to him because it's going to be like the idea of cutting down every pine on our property--once that dog gets a hold of that bone there ain't no lettin' go (he'll cut down every pine on our place if I just mentioned it to him. I, on the other hand, am a total treehugger).

I think that could help him with the Tough Mudder in a really big way. Very cool mrbong!

I forgot to mention that I do have one very big problem with smoking prior to weight training and especially the circuit training--keeping count. I ALWAYS LOSE COUNT. He gets kinda pissed at me for it. Sorry, I don't mean to let my mind drift and lose count.

Oh, and he forbid me from using that Directv commercial for be much inspirational, because it makes him giggle.

I am Epeec Ween. I poosh to leemeet, every time!

[YOUTUBE]f0fa_BaljjQ[/YOUTUBE]

M

mrbong73

So, every day they throw a different workout at you? That's been pretty much the whole concept behind how Dave's been tailoring our workouts. This is very cool... I'm debating bringing it up to him because it's going to be like the idea of cutting down every pine on our property--once that dog gets a hold of that bone there ain't no lettin' go (he'll cut down every pine on our place if I just mentioned it to him. I, on the other hand, am a total treehugger).

I think that could help him with the Tough Mudder in a really big way. Very cool mrbong!

I forgot to mention that I do have one very big problem with smoking prior to weight training and especially the circuit training--keeping count. I ALWAYS LOSE COUNT. He gets kinda pissed at me for it. Sorry, I don't mean to let my mind drift and lose count.

Oh, and he forbid me from using that Directv commercial for be much inspirational, because it makes him giggle. I poosh to leemeet, every time!

No, save the trees.
I bet there will be tons of "Crossfiters" at the Tough Mudder.

What's cool is you can use a broom stick instead of a 145 barbell.
And no gym membership.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, save the trees.
I bet there will be tons of "Crossfiters" at the Tough Mudder.

What's cool is you can use a broom stick instead of a 145 barbell.
And no gym membership.
He'll smile, then, when I mention Crossfitness. His company has a gym, small, that's about a mile away that we use for the weight training. Now that the weather's clearing up more regularly we've been able to do all cardio OUTSIDE, my much preferred. I actually can't stand gyms.
it works for nick diaz:)
Uh... gotta Google. Who? What works?

Been toking on a joint of Kona that Loran sent me home with and holy FUCK this stuff cuts through. I be high. Ohhh... dandelions. :flower

M

MediMary

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqxWX8aBXo[/YOUTUBE]

‎"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my
career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is
getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz

LMAO

M

mrbong73

He'll smile, then, when I mention Crossfitness.
Been toking on a joint of Kona that Loran sent me home with and holy FUCK this stuff cuts through. I be high. Ohhh... dandelions. :flower

Read through the website. For sure the start here section. It's pretty addicting but it can beat you up if you try and push it too hard.

lol

M

mrbong73

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqxWX8aBXo[/YOUTUBE]

‎"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my
career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is
getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz

LMAO

Oh you were actually staying on topic. My bad.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:giggle Fuckin' ACE! Both aspects of the discussion are actually on topic. My own main goal, beside becoming stronger, more fit, and hoping to enjoy a greater quality of life should this cause me to live longer, is to hike the Palisades this summer and do something I've never done before--camped NOT from a car, but from my own two feet.

Now, why can I not do that AND be a major head at the same time? What's stopping me?

I want to take the dog, so she's been doing the cardio training with us. :)

If there are others who also work out, I'd love to hear you chime in and shift the paradigm.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

For me it helps for after the work out... how many times do you have to choke down the same ol' crap day in and day out when you are cutting weight...LOL. Also helps with recovery and pain in the joints.

M

mrbong73

Here is a video of one of Crossfit's workouts called "Fran"

Ok enough about that. I need to get my ass back in shape.

true grit

true grit

Before and after fa sho, I hate working out if im not high.

Top Bottom