Weird Chewed Up Looking Leaves?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

i noticed a lot of the growth towards at the tops are getting this weird chewed up looking leaves. anyone got any ideas of what could be going on? i looked briefly with a scope and didn't see any sign of mites but haven't completely ruled that out yet. one other thing is that they went through a lot of heat stress while i was getting my air conditioner fixed but that was over a week and a half ago. temp is 75 during day and 62-65 during night. 700 ppm. ph 5.5 in coco media.

Weird chewed up looking leaves
Weird chewed up looking leaves 2
Weird chewed up looking leaves 3
Weird chewed up looking leaves 4
Weird chewed up looking leaves 5
303 DUB

303 DUB

i dunno. could be not sure how could i be sure. would like to identify the issue so i know how to treat? thanks for your help

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

If you don't see any signs of a pest in your foliage, perhaps check the soil for the Hemp Flea Beetle (Psylliodes attenuata)

symbiote420

symbiote420

Might be a fungus/disease. I've seen PM attack plants in that manner before the white patches appeared and that's what it look slike to me..... I'd treat em for that, especially if you aren't seeing any pests....... sometimes pest attacks can weaken the plant's immune system enough to allow disease(s) into your grow.

william76

william76

hot temps causes this too! Go over everything make sure there's no pests,but that looks too me like,some heat stress,ive seen it before,76

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm seeing some rippling in some of your other leaves that looks like mine when I've gotten heat stress. Like the very top leaves in your first pic. Haven't seen that chewed up look before tho but I'd guess could be related. Can't see in the pics, but how are the colors on your leaves?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i noticed a lot of the growth towards at the tops are getting this weird chewed up looking leaves. anyone got any ideas of what could be going on? i looked briefly with a scope and didn't see any sign of mites but haven't completely ruled that out yet. one other thing is that they went through a lot of heat stress while i was getting my air conditioner fixed but that was over a week and a half ago. temp is 75 during day and 62-65 during night. 700 ppm. ph 5.5 in coco media.
I think you've got caterpillars in there. They're incredibly good at hiding their soft, fat, tasty little bodies, and the MOMENT they feel the plant move, they'll drop to the ground. I'd treat with Spinosad, myself.

Last pic looks like mosaic virus. All the plants seem to be wanting for P.

303 DUB

303 DUB

ok i will hit em with montery and do a root drench. and also up the p a bit and see if that helps. suggestions for root drench? thanks so much everyone. sea maiden its been a while but you alway ALWAYS come through with sound advice. thanks so much

303 DUB

303 DUB

i know azamax is not the same thing. but would that work for thrips as well for a drench?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe it would, yes. But I have no experience with thrips.

Top Bottom