Weird cluster....

• Thread starter Clemons419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clemons419

Clemons419

I need some thoughts. I noticed the other day while inspecting my plant a cluster of what looks like Caylxs. It's only on one flower site. This particular site is also kinda strange. Almost like twins, one stem 2 flowers. If anyone has some insight would be great!
Weird cluster
Weird cluster 2
Weird cluster 3

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Looks like you have a hermie, a plant with both male and female flowers and highly frowned upon if you're wanting sensi

Clemons419

Clemons419

Crap!! So do I trash the whole plant, cut off the affected stem or just let it finish? I thoroughly checked all the others and haven't seen any more of those clusters.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Crap!! So do I trash the whole plant, cut off the affected stem or just let it finish? I thoroughly checked all the others and haven't seen any more of those clusters.
Try to pull them off until you see how much of a Hermie it is, some are more than others, some maybe you can work with it?

Clemons419

Clemons419

Put a close watch on that plant, segregate if possible, it might be all male . Check out this link, I just went through with my plants... https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/its-a-male.109274/
Put a close watch on that plant, segregate if possible, it might be all male . Check out this link, I just went through with my plants... https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/its-a-male.109274/
I have 4 clones of this plant, fortunately they have been in different tents and were taken 2 weeks before I noticed. I'll check that link out, thank you so much!!

Clemons419

Clemons419

Try to pull them off until you see how much of a Hermie it is, some are more than others, some maybe you can work with it?
I clipped the affected stem off, hopefully that will be the only one and it didnt pollinate!? Thank you for the input, this is my first grow.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Is it true that herms that start female will only produce female seeds? I read that somewhere and if so, might be worth segregating and holding on to.

Clemons419

Clemons419

Is it true that herms that start female will only produce female seeds? I read that somewhere and if so, might be worth segregating and holding on to.
I was told that if it is a true herm, 90% of the seeds will be hermaphroditic. Dont quote me on that though lol, I'm still learning myself. If nothing else I'll see the flowering through and learn all I can. Its 5 weeks into flower.

Clemons419

Clemons419

Other then that one stem shes healthy n thri
I have 4 clones of this plant, fortunately they have been in different tents and were taken 2 weeks before I noticed. I'll check that link out, thank you so much!!
Also, i was confident it was definitely female... here's a better photo. What are your thoughts?
20200116 055123

20200111 094020
20200112 124423
Dan789

Dan789

The second picture isn’t clear enough to detail if those are pistils or just leaf growth, that plant seems to be worthy of closer scrutiny.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey clemons, good practice to take clones off your new veg plants , i encourage people to do that, but few growers do...
Only problem is the dissapointment factor, and in your case even more aganozing because you have a nice plant , then they do wierd stuff, i would just pinch em off, and keep going but keep in mind if its hermi proned, then you probably want to dis continue it , and dont mess with the few seeds you might get, they are going go carry the same hermi trait....
Anyway just my opinion....

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I was told that if it is a true herm, 90% of the seeds will be hermaphroditic. Dont quote me on that though lol, I'm still learning myself. If nothing else I'll see the flowering through and learn all I can. Its 5 weeks into flower.

I think it can go all sorts of ways with hermie offspring.
I've heard something like that as well.
My one experience with hermie made seeds actually came out very well. A cherry pie cut blew hermie pollen on a cookie female from regular seed stock. I was too sketched out to grow the resulting seeds but a buddy did run a few dozen of the seeds. All he got were females and the hermie trait receded in the offspring

Clemons419

Clemons419

Hey clemons, good practice to take clones off your new veg plants , i encourage people to do that, but few growers do...
Only problem is the dissapointment factor, and in your case even more aganozing because you have a nice plant , then they do wierd stuff, i would just pinch em off, and keep going but keep in mind if its hermi proned, then you probably want to dis continue it , and dont mess with the few seeds you might get, they are going go carry the same hermi trait....
Anyway just my opinion....
Thank you!! My clones are beautifully rooting and aren't near my main girl.
20200119 084550
20200119 084358

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I think that's correct. Most if not all females that pollenate other females produce only female seeds. It's even better results if using gibberellic acid to herm a female. She pollenates herself and produces only feminized seeds.

Clemons419

Clemons419

Update... I havent went found any more sacs! I found however a small light leak right where the affected stem was. So am thinking it was stress?!
20200202 101848

Latest posts

Top Bottom