Weird discoloration on leaves - Mag def?

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Hi!

I have few leaves like this... Everything else is good on other plants..

Running RDWC
Ph 5.7 to 6.3
No burning tips, now at 400 ppm (no, i am not going higher than this, higher than 450 = burning tips)
Temp: 76
RH: 55
3rd week of flowering

I tried to look for bugs but I can't find any.

Magnesium deficiency?

Weird discoloration on leaves   mag def
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hi!

I have few leaves like this... Everything else is good on other plants..

Running RDWC
Ph 5.7 to 6.3
No burning tips, now at 400 ppm (no, i am not going higher than this, higher than 450 = burning tips)
Temp: 76
RH: 55
3rd week of flowering

I tried to look for bugs but I can't find any.

Magnesium deficiency?
i’d say mag def too.
do you have any calmag?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
To me it looks a bit more like an iron deficiency. The veins are still dark green but in between is fading, usually a sign of a lack of Fe. Your room is at 76, but what temp is your water? It should ideally be at 68 degrees.
yep, calmag should help, it has iron in it too.
fingers are crossed for you!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Where is that leaf from top of the plant or the bottom? If it's from the top prob is ca. If it's from the bottom of the plant its prob mg. It's just guessing without a breakdown of what you are feeding nute wise. If it's mag you shouldn't use calmg you should use epsom salt.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

yep, calmag should help, it has iron in it too.
fingers are crossed for you!
CalMag does not cure all, and it may not be the best source for iron if the calcium is not deficient. I prefer Microbe Life's iron supplement. Its a good option if calcium is low, but it is not something I am going to increase if my iron is deficient.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
To me it looks a bit more like an iron deficiency. The veins are still dark green but in between is fading, usually a sign of a lack of Fe. Your room is at 76, but what temp is your water? It should ideally be at 68 degrees.
I agree, if it was mag def, you would see the problem on both sides of the center vein.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Water temp is 67-68... I think i will do another flush tomorrow... I made some modifications to my system... Flow was so low... Roots are blocking the 2" pipes... Lol

Medigrow

Medigrow

Where is that leaf from top of the plant or the bottom? If it's from the top prob is ca. If it's from the bottom of the plant its prob mg. It's just guessing without a breakdown of what you are feeding nute wise. If it's mag you shouldn't use calmg you should use epsom salt.

3/4 of the top maybe.

Weird .. i have a plant that is yellowing like hell... I think the water level was too high... I lowered it... Flush tomorrow and give it 4-5 days... I don't have any bugs.. I checked everywhere :)

Thanks for help everyone!

Medigrow

Medigrow

I tend to agree on a CA def. I feed using Cultured Solutions... New strain so.... I have to adjust a bit :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
3/4 of the top maybe.

Weird .. i have a plant that is yellowing like hell... I think the water level was too high... I lowered it... Flush tomorrow and give it 4-5 days... I don't have any bugs.. I checked everywhere :)

Thanks for help everyone!
cool, and sorry i didn’t catch your doing RDWC.
probably can’t be much help in this thread.👍🏻

Top Bottom