Weird Leaf

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Got this leaf that's popped out last 2 days. One half is completely yellow and stunted the other half is trying to be normal. I'm growing several strains but this strain called Satori is giving me nothing but trouble so far. I'm about to flip so need to sort out any issues first. I'm in potting mix with crab meal rice hulls and EWC added. They have had no feed yet. Its hard to get a clear pic.
Weird leaf
Weird leaf 2
Any info appreciated. Thanks

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Looks like a spiral leaf.. near the top... I've had this before a few times too and nothing happened. Flowers grew fine and didn't have any problems throughout. Just my experience.

That's good to hear. Flip time it is then. Thank you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What you describe (sorry, but the pix are shyte) sounds like mosaic virus expression, OR possibly a variant with variegation possibly coming through. I've only had it happen once and it spread to adjacent plants, but they produced just fine. The mothers never expressed any mosaic virus or variegation before or after, but I did not keep those particular cuttings going.

It'll be interesting to hear what others who have experience with this stuff have to say. This is different from the revegging spiral, btw.

Saerimmner

Saerimmner

I had it on a NL once but as wooitzme said a few comments back it never affected the plant in anyway n plant finished fine etc, just a random fucked up leaf.....
DSCF2147

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

What you describe (sorry, but the pix are shyte) sounds like mosaic virus expression, OR possibly a variant with variegation possibly coming through. I've only had it happen once and it spread to adjacent plants, but they produced just fine. The mothers never expressed any mosaic virus or variegation before or after, but I did not keep those particular cuttings going.

It'll be interesting to hear what others who have experience with this stuff have to say. This is different from the revegging spiral, btw.

Sorry they are shite pics but I'm crap at remembering to take em during lights out lol. So is this something to worry about? The funny thing is its on a strain from a company that is very small and the seeds were cheap. Iv had nothing but leaf issues with all 10 plants. Must be crap genetics....or the way I'm growing em. They were bred to not need feeding through out the grow except once in veg and once in flower. My other 5 strains are fine. Thank you for your input everyone. Much appreciated.

Saerimmner

Saerimmner

if you have got it on a few of the plants then it may be a PH issue

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That looks like mosaic virus to me, and yes, it can indeed be passed on through seed. I would keep that plant physically away from the others, but I'd also still go ahead and grow it out. Watch for bugs, they pass stuff like viruses on.

Also, believe it or not milk has been found to be a fantastic tool wash in greenhouses to prevent spread of viruses. I may have the paper stashed somewhere.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I shall Google mosaic virus. Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I have no where to keep her so in the bin she goes. I'm actually considering trashing all that strain.

Top Bottom