Weird leaves growing on buds

• Thread starter rsoul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rsoul

New grower here, getting strange looking leaves growing on the flowering buds.
Had a recent problem with leaves going yellow and crispy which I think was due to overfeeding.
What's happening now is that many of the buds are growing new leaves and some of them don't look like normal leaves, can anyone shed any info on this? Should I be worried that it's not putting growth into the colas/buds? Should I cut them off, or is it ok to just leave the plant to mature further or... ???
Thanks in advance! 😊

Weird leaves growing on buds

Weird leaves growing on buds 2

Weird leaves growing on buds 3

Weird leaves growing on buds 4

E

Eclipted

Had my fair share of oopsies with timers before, it's easily done.
Just the other day I was checking stuff in my veg tent and noticed halfway thru my dark cycle my timer had one little peg sticking up making the light turn on for 30 minutes. Everyone does it 🤷 I’ve also had timers just break mid use and stay on 24/7 unable to turn anymore. Sometimes it’s not even your fault lol

pulchripes

pulchripes

Just the other day I was checking stuff in my veg tent and noticed halfway thru my dark cycle my timer had one little peg sticking up making the light turn on for 30 minutes. Everyone does it 🤷 I’ve also had timers just break mid use and stay on 24/7 unable to turn anymore. Sometimes it’s not even your fault lol
I've also had them lock up like that, I don't trust digital ones though, had some bad experiences with them.

R

rsoul

Wow thanks very much for all the replies! 👍👍🏆
The timer for lights is working correctly and not coming on when it shouldn't, but there some light leaks in the tent 🙈
Will this reveg issue ruin the crop?
Have done a bit of reading around after your suggestions that it's maybe gone into reveg and will change the light schedule to 12/12 and hope it flips back into flower 🤞
Thanks again for the speedy replies and advice guys! 💪💯

pulchripes

pulchripes

Wow thanks very much for all the replies! 👍👍🏆
The timer for lights is working correctly and not coming on when it shouldn't, but there some light leaks in the tent 🙈
Will this reveg issue ruin the crop?
Have done a bit of reading around after your suggestions that it's maybe gone into reveg and will change the light schedule to 12/12 and hope it flips back into flower 🤞
Thanks again for the speedy replies and advice guys! 💪💯
Were they not always on 12/12 after veg? Take it they're photoperiod?

R

rsoul

Looks like u ve or had some PH problem too...
Some trimming would help her too, at least fan leaves.
Yes my PH was way too high earlier in the grow but has been around 6.0-6.5 for the past few weeks.
Get rid of some of the fan leaves? I'm a little worried - aren't they needed to convert the light to power the bud growth?
Thanks for your reply!

R

rsoul

Were they not always on 12/12 after veg? Take it they're photoperiod?
I thought it was an auto? It's a Incredible Bulk from Dr Krippling.
Having said that, I did have to put it into 12/12 for a few days to force it into flower as it was just growing and growing with no signs of going into flower.
When it started to produce the pistils I put it back on to 18/6, is this a mistake?
Thanks for your response!

pulchripes

pulchripes

Have you checked the trichomes as to how close to done it is? If it only had a really short 12/12, it's probably seriously hurt THC production, I'm actually surprised it looks like that. If trichomes are looking like it would be close to chop time I'd personally take it down, it's been through a lot and I'd worry going 18/6 then 12/12 then 18/6 and now 12/12 again in such a short time would produce plants that look like a science experiment gone wrong, possibly pop out hermies that would pollinate the buds, especially if you say it's also been sat in the dark with light leaks. Have you had a thorough check to see if there are any on there? Someone more experienced will hopefully chip in about what's best.

R

rsoul

Have you checked the trichomes as to how close to done it is? If it only had a really short 12/12, it's probably seriously hurt THC production, I'm actually surprised it looks like that. If trichomes are looking like it would be close to chop time I'd personally take it down, it's been through a lot and I'd worry going 18/6 then 12/12 then 18/6 and now 12/12 again in such a short time would produce plants that look like a science experiment gone wrong, possibly pop out hermies that would pollinate the buds, especially if you say it's also been sat in the dark with light leaks. Have you had a thorough check to see if there are any on there? Someone more experienced will hopefully chip in about what's best.
That's what I'm worried about, it has many big colas and I don't want them turning into something useless! Thanks very much for your info and help! I'll try and get some pics of the trichomes and post here shortly, thanks again 👍🤘🏆

pulchripes

pulchripes

Grab yourself one of these, mega handy and under 20 quid
Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, Mini Camera with OTG Adapter and Metal Stand, Compatible with Mac Window 7 8 10 11 Android Linux https://amzn.eu/d/3hZNvzp

Don't think any phone will be able to see them how they need to be seen, they should look milky/cloudy inside the heads maybe a few Amber colour.

R

rsoul

Grab yourself one of these, mega handy and under 20 quid
Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, Mini Camera with OTG Adapter and Metal Stand, Compatible with Mac Window 7 8 10 11 Android Linux https://amzn.eu/d/3hZNvzp

Don't think any phone will be able to see them how they need to be seen, they should look milky/cloudy inside the heads maybe a few Amber colour.
Thanks mate I'll do that! 👍🏆

Top Bottom