Weird Plant Problem And I Have No Clue At All.

• Thread starter BigBun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBun

BigBun

My 3 Orange Crush all show this symptom on the lower growth. No other plants are showing this symptoms only the Orange Crush. From below it looks like the green color is "flaking" and makes the leaves thinner. Also one leaf on one plant started to curl up (new symptom ) (its the one in the picture). I am completely clueless.

Thx in advance.

Weird plant problem and i have no clue at all

@GT21 Do you know that problem ?

stanklungs

stanklungs

Do you have a scope, might be bugs. They can be particular and might like something about the orange crush which is why your only seeing it on those plants. Though that doesn't mean they won't spread.
Check your medium too they can be in the roots. It would explain the strange symptoms. I would spray with neem probably won't kill any pests but might slow them down enough to allow you some time to get a better diagnosis.
I was always taught an oz of protection is an lb of pot.

Ecompost

Ecompost

You will see Thrips with the naked eye mate. They are typically slim and yellow, but also brown and white, they tend to hang around in the veins of the leaves and they are a real pest. Although slow moving compared to mites, they can fly, albeit poorly, so can move, live in ducting, and elsewhere easily returning after you have sprayed.
I use a leaf fungus, which means they die of course, I also have a heavy fungal mass like a mulch layer, they tend not to risk passing it to lay eggs.
Dont use a mite treatment, it wont work. All of this is academic if its not thrips. You will see thrips if you look hard enough, if not then it aint thrips LOL.
I have seen this damage caused merely by over feeding, not saying thats what you did, just saying you can get silverly patches that look like bugs have been in

Ecompost

Ecompost

Looks like thrips damage. Check for bugs sometimes they single out certain plants
indeed, we could argue our lack of understanding regrading appropriate timings of feeds means we may be ringing the bell for them. Its natures way to prey on the weak, perhaps we would have more resistance if we just let it takes it course and cull the line for power.

BigBun

BigBun

it is definately not thrips. i had them before. here is a overall picture to see the others are healthy.
12576261 936393916437192 351437853 n

12516361 936393796437204 1797830333 n

12516363 936393866437197 2006107737 n

12575963 936393876437196 176798924 n

12576002 936393829770534 767614247 n

12596400 936393939770523 1506494344 n

12626161 936393903103860 550205490 n

Ecompost

Ecompost

looks more like a def to me, micros, whats the pH? have you checked the root system? Is it healthy? does it smell ok?

Ecompost

Ecompost

if it was bug related, that much damage would show up, i suggest it might be root nematodes?

BigBun

BigBun

checked roots few min ago. nice roots, no smell, ph is 6- 6,5. no other plants show this def. same soil. they are just about 7-10 days in these pots. The top of the plant was perfectly healthy and i took the tops to make cuts.

BigBun

BigBun

whats also weird is the fact that it just effects the side leaves of those 2 lowest branches but on all 3 orange crush

Ecompost

Ecompost

whats also weird is the fact that it just effects the side leaves of those 2 lowest branches but on all 3 orange crush
Ok, that is odd, this is soil or soil-less? If soil then try to maintain it at the 6.5, 6.0 would be low I am sure you know. If its got no clays then its range is out, you might even dip lower to say 5.8 if its peat coco type.
I havent grown that plant, so perhaps this is something to worry about in the strain, it is MTG?

BigBun

BigBun

soil, no cheap one.
Orange Crush = California Orange x Blueberry

The nematode dmg looks WAY worse that what i have got and also different. The dmg on my plants is to regular to be from bugs.

Ecompost

Ecompost

soil, no cheap one.

The nematode dmg looks WAY worse that what i have got and also different. The dmg on my plants is to regular to be from bugs.
yes, this is why I went for a def but wanted you to rule out nematodes first as it easier if they are there to say viola
To me this shows signs of a P lock out likely at 6.0 in soil with any Al+++ in the mix. I would up the pH levels and see if it improves. Swinging to find the P might help

Ecompost

Ecompost

soil, no cheap one.

by the way i hope it recovers, it sounds lovely :-)

BigBun

BigBun

u mean too much phosphor? only if i switched up the bottles. but then all of the plants would show it if they are in same soil and treated the same.

Ecompost

Ecompost

u mean too much phosphor? only if i switched up the bottles. but then all of the plants would show it if they are in same soil and treated the same.
not quite, it would depend very much on the plant and the media. You will certainly get some binding on the others too, it is a given for anyone using P. P is a weird element bro, it is unstable and binds with all sorts, each time we add it, only 15% ever makes it too the plant as ready P.
25% goes in to what we call an active pool. This is still ready via exudates and biology to be accessed, but the remainder goes to a fixed pool at 65% total.
So all people using P get this deal mate, me you and queen. Fixed P is made worse by more P being added. Some plants are very intolerant of this condition and should be treated with care, by swinging the pH and mobilising the microbes or elements
I would back off p inputs, switch to an L-Amino form for your N while you run a humic through the media and loosen the bound H+ ions which could be storing more problems.
Let me know if this helps, otherwise i will shut up bro LOL

peace

Top Bottom