Weird Preflowering

• Thread starter Shamanfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shamanfarmer

The first of march I started 65 seeds that I made last summer. Around the middle of April they started showing sex, out of all those seeds there were only 4 males, all others showed female preflowers. Now, in the last week of May I've Discovered 5 of those plants have started producing male preflowers on the upper nodes. I would suspect misidentification on my part except that the female preflowers are still visible at the lower nodes. Has anybody had experience with this? Is this a sign of genetic hermaphrodites? Should I be concerned about the plants that are still only showing female characteristics? Currently, my plan is to keep a VERY close eye on the remaining females, and at any sign of male flowers I will immediately destroy them. It's really unfortunate, because these plants are far stronger than any of the seeds that I bought from breeders. Thanks in advance for any help

Dan789

Dan789

It's really unfortunate, because these plants are far stronger than any of the seeds that I bought from breeders.
That does it for me, if they're stronger I'd run with them and try and limit the nanners as they present. Worst case you end up with some extra seeds.
Otherwise why destroy them?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
65 seeds and only 4 males??
You must have made them with herm or nanner pollen?

420Artie

420Artie

out of 65 seeds your bound to get a few herms. I wouldn't worry too much I doubt they will all herm.

S

Shamanfarmer

65 seeds and only 4 males??
You must have made them with herm or nanner pollen?

Yeah, I thought it was weird too. The pollen came from a true male. Not sure of the strain because it came from a friend of a friends garden, but I collected the pollen straight from the male and it didn't look like a herm to me.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The first of march I started 65 seeds that I made last summer. Around the middle of April they started showing sex, out of all those seeds there were only 4 males, all others showed female preflowers. Now, in the last week of May I've Discovered 5 of those plants have started producing male preflowers on the upper nodes. I would suspect misidentification on my part except that the female preflowers are still visible at the lower nodes. Has anybody had experience with this? Is this a sign of genetic hermaphrodites? Should I be concerned about the plants that are still only showing female characteristics? Currently, my plan is to keep a VERY close eye on the remaining females, and at any sign of male flowers I will immediately destroy them. It's really unfortunate, because these plants are far stronger than any of the seeds that I bought from breeders. Thanks in advance for any help
If you even think it is a male get rid of it now.

Top Bottom