Weird spots aren't water spots, slugs or snails. I'm so confused.

• Thread starter NanaG42078
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NanaG42078

I've been growing for a long time now and this is new to me. I've never seen anything like this before. I thought it was slugs and/or snails and it's not.

Weird spots arent water spots slugs or snails im so confused
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Septoria?
Leaf miners leave long twisted paths, they never burrow in circles like that. I agree @Oldchucky looks like the beginning of a septoria issue.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I've been growing for a long time now and this is new to me. I've never seen anything like this before. I thought it was slugs and/or snails and it's not.
Slugs and snails will both methodically eat at an leaf edge inward. Sometimes they will leave holes, but more often that not, they will start on exposed edges. if you do ever have to deal with slugs, get some 2in thick copper foil, wrap it around the base stalk of your plants, slugs and snails cannot cross that rubicon. There is a compound in their slime that reacts with copper, it zaps them and they fall, or turn away, just a little something I picked up battling those little shits. For future reference.

N

NanaG42078

I'm thinking Septoria too. I've just never seen this ringed variation before. Just weird. Luckily it only seems to be focusing on one plant the most. TY all.

N

NanaG42078

Slugs and snails will both methodically eat at an leaf edge inward. Sometimes they will leave holes, but more often that not, they will start on exposed edges. if you do ever have to deal with slugs, get some 2in thick copper foil, wrap it around the base stalk of your plants, slugs and snails cannot cross that rubicon. There is a compound in their slime that reacts with copper, it zaps them and they fall, or turn away, just a little something I picked up battling those little shits. For future reference.
TY very much for this info. The large amounts of rain this year has caused all kinds of stuff for farmers this year. We will prevail. 💪

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
TY very much for this info. The large amounts of rain this year has caused all kinds of stuff for farmers this year. We will prevail. 💪
It’s been pandemonium for a lot of y’all outdoor farmers this year. Everything has been cattywompus. My outdoor garden basically turned into burnt matchsticks. So I feel you buddy. Heavy rains bring those little shits out in force. Well, best of luck, there are a multitude of treatment options for the septoria. Mainly pruning, and getting air to that root zone. There are foliar a as well, but I stay away from those personally, @Oldchucky is a kook when it comes to outdoor, I know he will most likely have the best options for you treatment wise, or he will tell you to burn it all down hahahaha😂

N

NanaG42078

It’s been pandemonium for a lot of y’all outdoor farmers this year. Everything has been cattywompus. My outdoor garden basically turned into burnt matchsticks. So I feel you buddy. Heavy rains bring those little shits out in force. Well, best of luck, there are a multitude of treatment options for the septoria. Mainly pruning, and getting air to that root zone. There are foliar a as well, but I stay away from those personally, @Oldchucky is a kook when it comes to outdoor, I know he will most likely have the best options for you treatment wise, or he will tell you to burn it all down hahahaha😂
I only have a couple weeks until harvest so cleaning and pruning the affected areas trying to stretch it.I was also told spraying a baking soda mixture would slow it down. Some of my plants don't seem to be affected by it. Playing everything by sight now. Happy growing.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Come on, Nana! Loosen up with that camera and let’s see some pics of your girls tomorrow!😄🐒

Latest posts

Top Bottom