Weird structures on my plant in flower

• Thread starter Donodiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Noticed these on my plant I thought it might be a hermaphrodite so I kept picking them but I missed a few then there are banana like structures underneath buds my other plant is fine nothing like it on that one anyone know what this is...new grower here

Weird structures on my plant in flower
Weird structures on my plant in flower 2
Weird structures on my plant in flower 3
Weird structures on my plant in flower 4
Weird structures on my plant in flower 5
Weird structures on my plant in flower 6
Weird structures on my plant in flower 7
Weird structures on my plant in flower 8
Weird structures on my plant in flower 9
Weird structures on my plant in flower 10
Weird structures on my plant in flower 11
Weird structures on my plant in flower 12
Weird structures on my plant in flower 13
Weird structures on my plant in flower 14
Weird structures on my plant in flower 15
Weird structures on my plant in flower 16
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
From what I can see, you have a hermed plant that has both male flowers and possibly maturing seeds. I can't see as closely as I would like, but the 3rd from last picture clearly shows a cluster of male flowers, while other pictures seem to show swollen seed pods, which eventually produce mature seeds. This is my opinion, but I have never had problems like this. Perhaps someone else is more familiar with this phenom, but it looks like it self fertilized itself. Any seeds will be feminized, but could also be prone to herming if another cause isn't to blame, like stress or a light leak. Good Luck!!

HeadShine

HeadShine

Yep. Hermaphroditism on display there. Not text book but definitely a he/she.
What strain and breeder?
is this your only plant?

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Ok what kind of stress and light leak would cause it I have another plant that was from the same batch of seeds I had 2 male plants I got rid of before flower I posted another thread about those if you look at my profile and so I was left with these 2 and are like 3/4 the flower I think I got the seeds from a random guy who sells so all I knew was they were photos but my main goal with this run was to see how the closet would do environment wise for the autos I'm gonna put in there next so I didn't care that much about this harvest as much it was to tweak things and what not for the auto seeds I got but I do have a photo right next to that one that doesn't have any signs of hermie so if it was stress or light leak that one would be too right? I treat them both the exact same so does that mean I will have fem seeds then...I'm ok with that so just let it grow and harvest like usual? Il post more pics of the grow space and the other photo I have as well as a cabinet grow I started some autos in that IL move where the photos are after harvest

IMG 20200520 132948
IMG 20200520 132903
IMG 20200520 132917
IMG 20200520 132925
IMG 20200520 132933
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Herming can happen from a variety of reasons, stress being the main one, but sometimes they just gro that way due to genetics. Light leaks seem to cause a lot of problems for folks and they aren't always easy to find. FWIW, since this is a trial run, your plants look healthy and it looks good overall. Check for power indicator lights or similar things inside te closet that could emit light. Make sure that your seams are all sealed and perhaps turn lights off in the room the closet is in and turn lights inside the closet on... look for light leaking out. Sometimes plants just get more susceptible to herming and you just have to keep your eyes out for problems.

Top Bottom