Weirdest leaves I have ever seen

• Thread starter CanadianMillenialGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

So I don't think I have personally come across this in my years of growing (I have always grown indoor) This year I didn't have the space indoor so I put a "Strawcana" seedling outside in a 2G fabric pot. Now I always knew that the first sets of leaves are immature and don't have 7 leaves. But I have also never seen mature leaves with 9. Has anyone else come across this?

Weirdest leaves i have ever seen
SDJ99

SDJ99

So it's just quite possible it's got sativa in the genetics? Because tbh I've only grown 100% indica strains.
I’ve seen a lot of back and forth with some people claiming leaf points have nothing to do with genetics and others claiming they’re indicative of genetics. I’m currently growing lemon haze and I have 7 tips on my leaves and it’s supposed to be a sativa leaning hybrid. I’m new to growing so I’m still absorbing basics

0D03E72E 848C 4A53 A01D 0D1FC1E2847C
mancorn

mancorn

I’ve got a funky (GG) trinode that’s 8 blades. Normally I just think one of the blades is underdeveloped, but pretty much all of them are 8.

414B5EF1 4E76 43D1 9B5A D88A52E8B9EB

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So it's just quite possible it's got sativa in the genetics? Because tbh I've only grown 100% indica strains.
The vast majority of strains out there are hybrids. We just call them Indica or sativa, based on effects, and come up with percentages based on effects (rather than genetics).

Sometimes I'll grow sativa doms that start out with leaflets so wide, they're almost round. Later in development they have narrow leaflets. I imagine that's some indica genes showing themselves.

CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

The vast majority of strains out there are hybrids. We just call them Indica or sativa, based on effects, and come up with percentages based on effects (rather than genetics).

Sometimes I'll grow sativa doms that start out with leaflets so wide, they're almost round. Later in development they have narrow leaflets. I imagine that's some indica genes showing themselves.
Awesome. Really appreciate what everyone has to say. Especially since like I said this is my first year growing a plant outdoor at all

jcas004

jcas004

I have what I was told is an Indica by the bushyness and spacing of nodes, but I also have 9 leaves..must be an invasion of some sorts!!! Maybe they are Corona mutations! 😁

20210608 080049
jcas004

jcas004

So I don't think I have personally come across this in my years of growing (I have always grown indoor) This year I didn't have the space indoor so I put a "Strawcana" seedling outside in a 2G fabric pot. Now I always knew that the first sets of leaves are immature and don't have 7 leaves. But I have also never seen mature leaves with 9. Has anyone else come across this?
I think we are growing the same plant!!!!😁 5-6 weeks in! Mine is a random seed .. ppl here say it looks like Indica when I asked why it was so bushy at 4 weeks....I was curious since Ive only seen tall and leggy plants growing....when I saw your plant I took a double take!!! And ran to make sure mine was still back there😆 Oh and my first plant outdoors as well!

20210608 080049 1 1 1
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think we are growing the same plant!!!!😁 5-6 weeks in! Mine is a random seed .. ppl here say it looks like Indica when I asked why it was so bushy at 4 weeks....I was curious since Ive only seen tall and leggy plants growing....when I saw your plant I took a double take!!! And ran to make sure mine was still back there😆 Oh and my first plant outdoors as well!
If I remember right I think it was a Bubba Kush strain I ran for quite a while...I'd like to grow them again but with so many choices now to choose from it might be a while before I get more BK seeds.

jcas004

jcas004

Can I see an update on your 9 finger plant? Has it grown any more? The plant I posted stop growing 9 fingers after the first set. I'm curious to see how it looks now because our plants looked so much a like. Plant is 7 weeks now.

20210617 152014 HDR
Top Bottom