Weirdo Brown Preflowers In Veg Wtf

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hermit186

hermit186

If you fight them with living plants anywhere close you will not loose but sometime next year you will finally get them. Clean it out to the walls and start from the top down. I had twice and learned that is very hard you think you got them and missed they will return. In my case thru plants outside and I believe I brought them back on my clothing. I cleaned out and sealed my grow area off from everything I tried chemistry but found the hot sun on my conex kills everything raised the temperature up to 130 degrees and sprayed a reducing mixture of bleach. Let stand in the heat. Then I Cleaned it again I installed doors so in order to get to my plants you pass thru 2 fairly tight fitting doors. I now where a lab coat and it is run in the dryer once a week to kill all.
I have not had much of anything crawling flying with 6 or 8 legs, You can't kill the wolf spider or the long legs I have mantas lady bugs out side near the door I release them ever year.
The reason I say all this if your going to win you have to be ready for a hell of a fight. They love basements.
Remember that the environment your creating is better for them than in the real world.
I tried 24 hr light and found you need to give them a rest period and they will be stronger for it your plants don't get to sleep and they need it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Cleaning with vinegar and peroxide will get rid of them without scrubbing a thing. Just get two sprayers, one filled with distilled white cleaning vinegar and one filled with peroxide. Spray one on the wall etc., and then spray the other directly on top in small batches, wipe off afterwards if desired. Wear gloves, avoid breathing in the mists, it will bleach hair, clothing, skin, etc... The mixture creates peracetic acid, it destroys cells on contact, use wisely.

sedate

sedate

using Sirocco after avid would be redundant same active ingredient?

Uhm I guess what I trying to say was that I'm just essentially using Sirocco - I have Avid and Floramite and always mix them together + neem oil + emulsifier when I do a spray treatment.

If I didn't come across Sirocco as a product, like some of the other posters have mentioned, I would have been reticent to mix them together.

ignignokt said:
She's dead, Jim. Sure, there are technologies and treatments that promise to do -something- however even re-animated, damage is done. And all those treatments spoil the corpse, so don't consume it.
Too far gone for predator mites, I'd say.

A good farmer knows when to plow a crop under.

Right. Definitely agree as far as the plant I posted a pic of. I already threw away that plant and 3 others that were showing beginning signs of infestation - and then treated the ones without visible infection.

I have another 20 or so veggers that look great I'm pretty sure I caught everything in time.

Not to concerned at this point but I'll definitely follow-up with a wettable-sulfur treatment in a week or so and then do another Sirocco (Avid+Floramite)+ Neem + emulsifier in two weeks or so just before they start showing pre-flowers.

..Seriously I've never seen rust mites before I wonder how I got 'em..

Last edited:
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Cleaning with vinegar and peroxide will get rid of them without scrubbing a thing. Just get two sprayers, one filled with distilled white cleaning vinegar and one filled with peroxide. Spray one on the wall etc., and then spray the other directly on top in small batches, wipe off afterwards if desired. Wear gloves, avoid breathing in the mists, it will bleach hair, clothing, skin, etc... The mixture creates peracetic acid, it destroys cells on contact, use wisely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peracetic_acid

I think a proper mask or respirator would be more than wise. Lugging an oxygen tank as a result of the battle would be ignominious. Be careful out there.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peracetic_acid

I think a proper mask or respirator would be more than wise. Lugging an oxygen tank as a result of the battle would be ignominious. Be careful out there.
I sprayed my whole house with it when we bought it before we moved in with no mask. The only danger would be if you were to breathe in the mist of both or get both on your skin. You would be spraying with garden sprayers or hand sprayers that dont do a very fine mist so as long as you are careful you will be fine.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

@DrMcSkunkins - agree that technique would make a difference. I just see folks go in such a tizzy and do things in a hurry. I can see two or three people trying to process an area at once and getting the oxidant combined in suspension since they divided the labor and what component they are applying.

If you apply this alone, I can see how you could do it more or less safely. I just know that ain't how it would go down in some cases. I think warnings are important - but don't get me wrong, I appreciate your suggestion and would use it.

hermit186

hermit186

Little stout for me and if you think you have caught them your right you did and still have them too I would bet.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
@DrMcSkunkins - agree that technique would make a difference. I just see folks go in such a tizzy and do things in a hurry. I can see two or three people trying to process an area at once and getting the oxidant combined in suspension since they divided the labor and what component they are applying.

If you apply this alone, I can see how you could do it more or less safely. I just know that ain't how it would go down in some cases. I think warnings are important - but don't get me wrong, I appreciate your suggestion and would use it.
Yeah, adult supervision required. I wouldnt recommend having a vinegar/peroxide water gun battle. The first time I used it I bleached my clothes and my hair, and skin on my arms and hands. Alot of the hair fell out it was bleached so badly.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I was impressed by that combination working better as an oxidant than chlorine. Chlorine is the whore of elements and simply cannot stand to be alone, so combines with almost anything else. Powerful juju you have evoked, I think. Extremely useful, inexpensive and effective.

Glad all ya got was a fashion statement. Glad you are here with us now. Your contributions have not gone un-appreciated... :)

hermit186

hermit186

Please am old man paying for the mistakes your talking about. Don't do it axe all of it and be rid of the problem if you don't there are 2 things for sure you caught them and will learn how to get rid of the hard way and is a 85% chance you carried them in on your clothing>

Stop: secure your the area, then exterminate, and put guard at door. You are fighting a war and under estimating the enemy.

CUSTOM

CUSTOM

So I am trying to ape Sirocco -

http://www.ohp.com/PIB/PDF/sirocco_730_pib.pdf

I have lots of Avid and Floramite on hand.

Here, I was going for a horticultural oil suspension - so Neem + insecticidal soap as an emulsifier.

Why do you think it "wouldn't be good" ??

Ya I tried to imagine what that damage would look like if they were spider mites.

I trashed that plant and 3 others. Once I looked a little more carefully I could find a least beginning damage on 2 more and a third had brownish dust all over but not on the growth tips like the pic above. Honestly I've never seen an infestation like that where bugs were not everywhere. If they were spider mites I'd be able to find them all over..

Weird. I wonder where I got these buggers..

Everything got a heavy misting of Avid + Floramite for knock-down and Neem + Insecticidal Soap for emulsification.

I don't have anything sulfur-based handy. What products are you thinking of?

I have read that Russet Mites burrow inside the plant, therefore making them more difficult to spot, than say spider mites.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have found this useful for mite identification, to make the diagnosis unambiguous.
http://everwoodfarm.com/Pest_Insect_Cross_Listing/Help_with_Russet_Cyclamen_and_Broad_Mites
I found spider mites easier to figure out. When there are enough of them, you can herd them like cows. And they web incessantly, so there is that.
Or you can spray them with green cleaner and watch them squirm and shrivel up as the alcohol dries, shame the russets and broad mites cant be as easy to handle. Well, they are if you buy nematodes...

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hey everybody -

So I've been growing for like 8 years now and I've never ever seen anything like this.

No new plants in my growroom it hasn't been exposed to any foreign plants or anything in over 18 months.

Every other plant in my veg room is completely normal and happy and perfect.

Plants are getting h3ad's formula 900ppm @ 5.9. 24 hour light @ 6000K under a T5 array. I've done hundreds and hundreds of veg plants in the last few years and I've never seen this before in my life.

WTF is this -

View attachment 678569 View attachment 678571 View attachment 678572

Dang just that one plant and one strain?

Top Bottom