welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day...

• Thread starter thunderfudge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

numbnutts

Thanks bro,and thanks for swinging in.I've ran a bit of his work
Apollo
Qrazytrain
Cheesesquake
Vortex
Plushberry
The flav
Space dawg
Qleaner
All were decent,except the apollo was a joke.the Qrazytrain was the most potent,but too earthy.the flav was a staple here for a while too.
What has turned me away from his genetics was the fact he was an asshole in person,so much so,I'd never give his work another look.
That's nothing derogatory towards you or anyone affiliated with him.I respect the work he's done,etc.he just gets no play here any more.lol
Omg I heard the same thing that he was f'ing prick. Probably that and his super duper High prices that kept me away too. But it was the genetics that looked good to me , I didn't really care who the stiff was that created it. If he actually is a stiff though I won't be spending my money on his shit either considering this is supposed to be a spiritual lifting hobby , not making some dick head rich. There's so many awesome strains out now. No need to go his way really. Remember when his shit first came out everyone went crazy over it. That probably all went to his head and he's probably one of those growers who thinks their way is the only way and anyone who not doing that way isn't doing it right ...run across em all the time.

Quick question. The alien strains. What are the shorter flower timed ones. Every once in a while I'll toss a haze or sativa dominant plant in that takes 120 days or so to finish but my favorites have always been the indica dominant strains. Short flower , great buds , short bushy but produce nice multiple colas with some good training lst , FIM , all that.

mancdank

mancdank

Omg I heard the same thing that he was f'ing prick. Probably that and his super duper High prices that kept me away too. But it was the genetics that looked good to me , I didn't really care who the stiff was that created it. If he actually is a stiff though I won't be spending my money on his shit either considering this is supposed to be a spiritual lifting hobby , not making some dick head rich. There's so many awesome strains out now. No need to go his way really. Remember when his shit first came out everyone went crazy over it. That probably all went to his head and he's probably one of those growers who thinks their way is the only way and anyone who not doing that way isn't doing it right ...run across em all the time.

Quick question. The alien strains. What are the shorter flower timed ones. Every once in a while I'll toss a haze or sativa dominant plant in that takes 120 days or so to finish but my favorites have always been the indica dominant strains. Short flower , great bus , short bushy but produce nice multiple colas with some good training lst , FIM , all that.
Hey bro don't mean to invade your post but I've just read it and if you really like sat but don't like the flower time have a look at some lemon meringue from exotic genetix we've found a couple of pheno that are done at 9 week super large buds super strong and super tastie :)

N

numbnutts

Hey bro don't mean to invade your post but I've just read it and if you really like sat but don't like the flower time have a look at some lemon meringue from exotic genetix we've found a couple of pheno that are done at 9 week super large buds super strong and super tastie :)
Right on brother. I'm totaly gonna look into that. It's not so much that I don't like the sativa and the flower time. Maybe just ten years ago I was less patient. So I ended up falling in love with the indica hybrids. They're so easy to grow and so quick to flower. This run I have some black domina x maple leaf seeds popped and they flower in 45 to 50 days. I was like Daaaaym 45 days. I take a year off to rebuild my house and now they've taken weeks off finishing. So I'm gonna give it a try but I don't expect much from it. As far as end product. I'm sure it'll be good but how much can a plant do in 45 days. Still looking forward to it. I'm somewhere around 200 strains grown out to fruition at this point now after a year off it seems that so much has changed I feel like when it comes to the seed game , I been on the bench watching the people in the bleachers rather than the game. Now I need to figure out what all the alien og , fire x etc strains are. They sound and look amazing. Any clue what the parentage of the alien plants are.

mancdank

mancdank

Right on brother. I'm totaly gonna look into that. It's not so much that I don't like the sativa and the flower time. Maybe just ten years ago I was less patient. So I ended up falling in love with the indica hybrids. They're so easy to grow and so quick to flower. This run I have some black domina x maple leaf seeds popped and they flower in 45 to 50 days. I was like Daaaaym 45 days. I take a year off to rebuild my house and now they've taken weeks off finishing. So I'm gonna give it a try but I don't expect much from it. As far as end product. I'm sure it'll be good but how much can a plant do in 45 days. Still looking forward to it. I'm somewhere around 200 strains grown out to fruition at this point now after a year off it seems that so much has changed I feel like when it comes to the seed game , I been on the bench watching the people in the bleachers rather than the game. Now I need to figure out what all the alien og , fire x etc strains are. They sound and look amazing. Any clue what the parentage of the alien plants are.
No idea really about lineage I've got some choc covered strawberry with fire alien black in there I've found a real nice keeper of that and I'm currently running some alien dawg f5s I got gifted from a friend it's the 1st run of em but so far smell pretty much the same as the Stardawg we got

N

numbnutts

No idea really about lineage I've got some choc covered strawberry with fire alien black in there I've found a real nice keeper of that and I'm currently running some alien dawg f5s I got gifted from a friend it's the 1st run of em but so far smell pretty much the same as the Stardawg we got
So f5s... they should be far enough along now that they start to show uniform plants rights isn't it somewhere around 4 that they start to show the same traits. Where you can get to the point that hand someone 10 seeds and , even though they may get a couple different phenos, that at meant it's the same general plant. A nice mix of the parental lineage ...I created my own strain a couple years ago using a Skywalker x og female , I'd grown out a large confidential x northern lights male , kept the pollen and used a paint brush to pollinate a few lower buds on the female Skywalker x og ...then grew out those seeds , used the original male pollen to seed some buds on the best looking female , then repeated and I'm going on my 3rd or 4th now can't remember which ...I guess my question is what's the F for in f5. We talking generations or certain cuttings of specific plants ? Thanks for clarifying.

mancdank

mancdank

So f5s... they should be far enough along now that they start to show uniform plants rights isn't it somewhere around 4 that they start to show the same traits. Where you can get to the point that hand someone 10 seeds and , even though they may get a couple different phenos, that at meant it's the same general plant. A nice mix of the parental lineage ...I created my own strain a couple years ago using a Skywalker x og female , I'd grown out a large confidential x northern lights male , kept the pollen and used a paint brush to pollinate a few lower buds on the female Skywalker x og ...then grew out those seeds , used the original male pollen to seed some buds on the best looking female , then repeated and I'm going on my 3rd or 4th now can't remember which ...I guess my question is what's the F for in f5. We talking generations or certain cuttings of specific plants ? Thanks for clarifying.
He's bottle necked it to get certain traits I belive I know theres a Turkish delight pheno another friend has tried and said it was awesome

N

numbnutts

He's bottle necked it to get certain traits I belive I know theres a Turkish delight pheno another friend has tried and said it was awesome
Nice. So he's basically taking the best qualities from certain plants and carrying them into the next batch. Exactly what I'm trying to do with my Skywalker x og x northern lights x la confidential. I'd like to drop the slow flower time out from the la confidential if possible so I'm waiting for that female that pops pistils that much earlier than the rest to pollinate.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

F is for filial. It's Latin (filial generation)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sour Larry Pebbles from my buddy weewuu.View attachment 626838
@thunderfudge that SLP is one tough strain. It is is currently enduring 105 to 108 deg temps down here and looking pretty healthy. :D Now if I can get it to look anywhere like the bud shot you posted I will be very happy.:fire: I will post some pics in my "taking cannabis to the extreme" thread in a day or 2

Have fun on the Nisqually. Damn sure miss the fishin up there. :)

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder

Quick question. The alien strains. What are the shorter flower timed ones. Every once in a while I'll toss a haze or sativa dominant plant in that takes 120 days or so to finish but my favorites have always been the indica dominant strains. Short flower , great buds , short bushy but produce nice multiple colas with some good training lst , FIM , all that.
He's left his mark,I respect his work.I just wasnt impressed with the person

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
You're not actually making filial generations,but using the corn style of massive inbreeding by incrossing that male over and over to its progeny.4 inbreed's is considered cubing,which is considered by some to be its own line breed by then.you should be seeing pretty similar plants.
A filial generation would be taking a male and a female from that initial out cross and crossing them would be an f2. Crossing a male and female from their offsprING would be f3 and so on.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Not necassariliy in response to your F5 question.

Here is some info from one of the more worthy diligent breedrs. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Background, Review and DJ’s Law
Remember; all of my seed-stock came from the cross of two distinctly different P1 parents with the mother being of pure, land-race sativa origin and the father being a pure indica. This cross produced a very uniform line I’ve referred to as “The Cross”, or f1 generation. When “The Cross” was bred with itself (dubbed “Double Cross” at the time) the resulting variance was phenomenal in the f2 generation expressions. Beginning with this f2 generation, intense scrutiny and application of the selection rules and laws come into play. The bulk of the variation from this f2 generation were primarily discovered in the 1980's.

I must comment here that the variation witnessed from this f2 cross, and subsequent crosses, was truly amazing in its complexity of variance. I also need to mention the fact that, as far as “the number’s game” is concerned (selecting from as large a population as possible), this f2, and to some degree the f3 generations are the most relevant. That is, the larger the number of f2's and f3's sprouted, the greater the degree of variance that is witnessed. It is from the f3 and beyond generations that specific traits are bred for and stabilized. Once a specific trait is recognized, the numbers necessary for success diminish with each generation successfully crossed toward the desired traits. In simple terms; the more f2's and f3's sprouted for examination the better. However, once a specific trait presents itself and is chosen for future work and appears to breed true through subsequent generation, the less f4's, f5's etc. that are needed to witness the desired results.

There is one very simple rule that I feel is primary when considering one’s involvement in a quality cannabis breeding project, or when applying Luther Burbank’s law (“Select the best and reject all others.”). It is an extension of Luther Burbank’s Law that I will refer to as:

Heres the link for the entire read.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-cataloguing-system-by-dj-short-2004.75/

I hope this helped a bit.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Need to add, lots of folk think the farther you get into the Filial generations that the variance get more homogenous. Breeding true for a specific trait and variance needs to get locked down and stabilized. That said you can depending on numbers sprouted get a wide range of variance even up to the higher F generations.

My man @thunderfudge has a much better grasp on breeding than I do. So I will defer any further comments to him as he is the OP of this thread. Love ya Fudgy

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

@wobbly goblin I swear I was just thinking about you yesterday.what are you growing these days?I hope you're keeping cool.
just chillin like a villain
what am i growing these days? old. fricken old other then that...got some vintage jj gear rehashed,some symbiote cbd stuff a few gens down the road (thx sym420,it was and still is appreciated) and some fet and some billygoat viet black to update some seed stock...and the usual suspects
thinking about me? wtf? i was told i have a nice ass..but that"s over the top
did you catch any fish? did you eat it? have you thought about what a chinook eats and what fukishima did to what that king chomped?

anyhow enough of that
good to see you are well
fwiw

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Need to add, lots of folk think
just chillin like a villain
what am i growing these days? old. fricken old other then that...got some vintage jj gear rehashed,some symbiote cbd stuff a few gens down the road (thx sym420,it was and still is appreciated) and some fet and some billygoat viet black to update some seed stock...and the usual suspects
thinking about me? wtf? i was told i have a nice ass..but that"s over the top
did you catch any fish? did you eat it? have you thought about what a chinook eats and what fukishima did to what that king chomped?

anyhow enough of that
good to see you are well
fwiw
lol.I wanted to see if your crusty ass fired those lemon Larry seeds yet.lol.
as far as fishing goes,the honey hole took about 50 lures from the family.there's a fallen tree that is sunk onto the deep side that will get ya.we pulled a few runts,but the big one got away.lol.I might go down to the cowlitz,I heard the steelies and kings were plentiful.I eat em,fuggit.
Good deal on the sym gear,he's a good dude.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
SLP from the brother weewuu
Rps20160823 134259 290

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

"lol.I wanted to see if your crusty ass fired those lemon Larry seeds yet."

mmmm....think you have me mixed up with someone else with the lemon larry
but you are spot on with the crusty ass :)
i see there may be some fresh rain on sunday and monday
if so...it may bring in some fresh fish into the river
anyhow...good luck out there

fwiw

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
"lol.I wanted to see if your crusty ass fired those lemon Larry seeds yet."

mmmm....think you have me mixed up with someone else with the lemon larry
but you are spot on with the crusty ass :)
i see there may be some fresh rain on sunday and monday
if so...it may bring in some fresh fish into the river
anyhow...good luck out there

fwiw
Could've swarn it was you.lol.good to see you're still floating around.

Top Bottom