Weld County will not honor amendment 64

• Thread starter Angus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Why do you say he will only do 10 years. you do know that in fed prison there is no early release or parole you do 90% of the time given. and even so a decade is a long freakin time behind bars.
Presidential pardon. Congressional pardon.

News Update: War on Drugs.

Drugs Win!

A lot of old fuckers are going to be dead in ten. Republican party just signed their death warrant this election, alienated their own base (they always alienate others). Even with all their voter hijinks, Obama still cleaned up.

The old economic power structure of the last 100 years is drying up, just like the wells.

"It seems to me, you can't turn back the hands of time" Groove Armada.

And let us not forget that this is news now, but give it another ten years, Herion/Oxy and Meth will truly be in the news, because we have a Gov't focused on cronyism and that attitude won't defeat addiction. Only a matter of time before people realize you can never solve this Problem by attacking the supply.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

WHAT A SHAME THAT WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY THAT WILL SEND A MAN TO JAIL FOR 80 YEARS FOR A NATURAL PLANT THAT REALLY HAS NO ILL EFFECTS BUT WILL ALLOW CORPORATIONS TO FEED PEOPLE DRUGS THAT WILL KILL THEM AND FOOD THAT HAS NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE AND IS CHOCK FULL OF PESTICIDES.
I was talking with my chiropractor the other day and he was relating some statistics about prescription drugs to me,100,000 people a year die directly/indirectly from taking motrin 800?WTF?,The prescription drug VIOXX has killed more people than the vietnam war?Big pharma is spending 157 million dollars a DAY just on marketing!How many folks do any of you know that have died from puffin a Joint?
Time to empty the prisons of marijuana users and fill them with big pharma presidents/boards of directors,they kill for money because its cheaper to pay the lawsuits than to stop killing people.
Crazy world we live in...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Green, I believe that one of the guys that was involved in that case as a co defendant did take a plea deal and it was still 5 years.

Why do you say he will only do 10 years. you do know that in fed prison there is no early release or parole you do 90% of the time given. and even so a decade is a long freakin time behind bars.

I feel for him, no one should go to prison for any amount of time for a plant! But we all know how it is....Trust me, I get a weekly call that starts something like this "This is a call from XXXX, an inmate at a federal prison. To accept the call, press 5" But for the most part, if you are laying low and doing a homegrow, 10kW or smaller, you are WAY off their radar.

What I'm saying is that we are seeing the tide turning. Charlie Lynch got off with 1 year, and the federal judge told him that he was caught between state and federal laws. What I'm saying is the federal laws are going to change in the next 10-20 years, so an 80 year sentence isn't going to stick. He will be able to appeal when the laws change. They are just throwing the book at him because he didn't take the deal. He should of just lawyered up real good and worked a deal, thats just how it goes. 5 years sucks, but it beats the hell out of 80!

Got a buddy that works with some consultants and former DEA and narcotics agents, working on legislation. According to him, DEA agents get laughed at around the water cooler for small grower busts in med states. Its like such a "no shit" situation. They are looking for the guys doing big runs to the east. Guys trading for other drugs, guns, stuff like that. You guys are so paranoid with your 2kW grow, Feds get laughed at when the catch a small fry like us...

A

Angus

I feel for him, no one should go to prison for any amount of time for a plant! But we all know how it is....Trust me, I get a weekly call that starts something like this "This is a call from XXXX, an inmate at a federal prison. To accept the call, press 5" But for the most part, if you are laying low and doing a homegrow, 10kW or smaller, you are WAY off their radar.

What I'm saying is that we are seeing the tide turning. Charlie Lynch got off with 1 year, and the federal judge told him that he was caught between state and federal laws. What I'm saying is the federal laws are going to change in the next 10-20 years, so an 80 year sentence isn't going to stick. He will be able to appeal when the laws change. They are just throwing the book at him because he didn't take the deal. He should of just lawyered up real good and worked a deal, thats just how it goes. 5 years sucks, but it beats the hell out of 80!

Got a buddy that works with some consultants and former DEA and narcotics agents, working on legislation. According to him, DEA agents get laughed at around the water cooler for small grower busts in med states. Its like such a "no shit" situation. They are looking for the guys doing big runs to the east. Guys trading for other drugs, guns, stuff like that. You guys are so paranoid with your 2kW grow, Feds get laughed at when the catch a small fry like us...

I agree he probably could of plead it down to 11-12 years but then he wouldn't be able to appeal so maybe that's his strategy. Gambling on the bet that he wins a appeal before 10 years. Risky as hell because the chances of winning a appeal after being already convicted or a presidential pardon are slim. So slim infact that you would have better chances getting a blowjob from Pamela Anderson.
I seen one dude win a fed appeal but it was 15 years behind bars and nearly a million in legal fees to get the job done.
I got one bro doing 14 years for 3500 plants.
Even if he got 10 years it's really like 15 because on a 10 year bit you're gonna get out with 5 years on paper. so five years of harassment and a federal PO up your ass. Piss test once a week.

As far as the laws being retroactive I'm not sure how that works. I got a letter from a guy a few years ago and he was all excited that they had changed the crack cocaine laws and he thought it would get him out early but he still aint out yet.
Something about the crack sentences were way harsher than powder form. I dunno I don't mess with any of that.

and while you're in the tender loving care of our Goverment waiting on the appeal that you won't win pray that this doesn't happen.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_d93df416-ceb3-5d38-95bb-e602db503391.html

67 year old medical marijuana patient appeals to be given medical attention for his many illnesses and is denied

This poor soul followed all his state med laws and ended up dying in a cold concrete cell.

just absolutely horrifying and disgusting.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

There is no retroaction, but there is a chance the public changes perception and enacts a law releasing them.
Kinda like if you are arrested for 'driving while black' and then they change the laws and make being black no longer illegal. You aren't automatically let out of jail, but you stand a better chance.
There will always be those that say, you choose to break the law, deal with it. There are others however...
Could always replace 'black' with 'mexican' for a more current analogy.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

KB needs a re-branding. Needs to look at the younger Republicans and change it to "Kind Buck", if he wants to make it longer. More votes than Obama means it got Republican, Democrat and Libertarian votes in this state. Here's some groovy tunage for him.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Just saw where weld county takes the position that it is federally illegal and they will prosecute for any amount.
Not sure how they can get around the state constitution?
You guy's need to check this out. This is what Ken Buck had to say in 2010, the title of the article is
Ken Buck: Medical Marijuana In Colorado Is "None Of The Federal Government's Business"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/31/ken-buck-medical-marijuan_n_520350.html

Oh how quickly we forget.:confused:

sky high

sky high

However, Amendement 64 isn't about medical marijuana....thus, the different stance.

IMO, the flaw in all of this, as evidenced by Buck's conflicting statements....is believing that because the Gov't has been lax about going after MMJ dispensaries they will tolerated recreational sales in the same manner.

I heard last night that a decision from the Fed on how they are going to address this may come down this week....

K

kolah

I don't see their position changing one bit.If anything they will be ramping things up.

sky high

sky high

Agreed.

I personally think the Fed will withhold Federal funding from Colorado for ALL Federal programs if they proceed with the retail model. That will effectively END the idea, IMO.
(Ask folks in Arizona what happened to their first MMJ law for proof)

I also believe that Colorado will INCREASE the State penalties for non-licensed SALES very soon...as well as enact those fabled "nano" limits.

putembk

putembk

Just read that the Department of Revenue's Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division announced on it's website they are going to release a rough draft of the new rules by Dec 28th. They said the majority of existing will be amended which means to me that they are going to put handcuffs on anything and everything they can.

There will apparently be 3 public forums held to discuss the new regulations starting on January 11th. Imagine that is going to be a real Dog and Pony show.

fractal

fractal

The governer sshould withold state funds from Weld county until they decide to go along with the program. Fucking hypocrites. You can't pick and choose what laws you like and which ones you don't like. That's democracy. If there was a law condemning non christians to hard labor I bet Weld county would be all for it, that's how religitards operate.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont think the feds will actually withold funds,they might posture and try to throw a wrench in the system but when it comes right down to it the people voted it in fair and square and if they go against them on this then what next?If the majority votes dont count or are struck down by some court people are going to start to reconsider their role in this system and weed will be the least of their worries!Many Many states are going to follow in the footsteps of colorado and washington and there are alot of details to work out but the shit is going to be rescheduled sooner or later IMO.
As far as weld county or any other county if the people vote to outlaw dispensary sales there thats fine but it should not be able to go against any state law affecting any persons personal right to posess or consume/grow on their property.Its gonna be a rocky road but eventually we'll get there.
Fractal,religitards and hypocrites have every right to express their opinion too so you better get over it and even embrace it because thats the way it works here,this is a short outake of a speech from the movie ''the american president'',i think it says alot
America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms.
Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

sky high

sky high

It's officially a part of the State Constitution and is now law......so Weld County...nor any other county within Colorado can stop it's citizens from growing or possessing in accordance with said law. :)

Top Bottom