• Tagged users None
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Gel caps like this available on Amazon - nitey nite time! Lol
Yes sir! Getting ready to make a batch now
IMG 20211222 083257684

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so most of the stuff i made is good but after being wrapped up in aluminum foil for a lil over a week this it starts to stick and this happens
20220110 134542
20220110 134611

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

hmm, never had that happen, thinking where ever you left it to dry was too warm and it melted?
i always dry on parchment paper inside a cardboard box in roughly 60-65 degrees and 50-60 humidity until dry..
well should i freeze it to get the foil off

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Hey bud - that looks like it was subjected to a higher temp directly after making it.

When I used to do butane extractions, I could make my shatter look exactly like that if I let the temp get too hot in my vacuum chamber. I’m talkin like trying to teach myself the ropes and purging at 110 degrees. My dispo friend called it “budder” (the stage between shatter and crumble).

Is it possible it was being heated while it dried? Or sat in your pocket for a day?

Anyways, live and learn. Our man GNick is the chief hash commander around here, so heed his advice. Parchment or lab paper is a must.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Hey bud - that looks like it was subjected to a higher temp directly after making it.

When I used to do butane extractions, I could make my shatter look exactly like that if I let the temp get too hot in my vacuum chamber. I’m talkin like trying to teach myself the ropes and purging at 110 degrees. My dispo friend called it “budder” (the stage between shatter and crumble).

Is it possible it was being heated while it dried? Or sat in your pocket for a day?

Anyways, live and learn. Our man GNick is the chief hash commander around here, so heed his advice. Parchment or lab paper is a must.
naw man i made it about a month ago it sit on a plate for about 2.5 maybe 3 weeks inside a cardboard box after the box i wrapped it all up in aluminium foil and put it in what i call my stash box and it sits in my living room
20220110 230907
20220110 230915

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
naw man i made it about a month ago it sit on a plate for about 2.5 maybe 3 weeks inside a cardboard box after the box i wrapped it all up in aluminium foil and put it in what i call my stash box and it sits in my living room
View attachment 1205320View attachment 1205321
ok firstly i’m not the hash guy! haha.. i know my dry sifting way better than ice water extraction.,
but least you know plant material wouldn’t do that so that’s pretty much pure resin there just sucks it warmed up too much in the tinfoil.
did you put the resin in the tinfoil unpressed?
next time press the resin when ready, if it works out and you’ve made a “temple ball” and want to put it away than seal it air tight in cellophane..

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ok firstly i’m not the hash guy! haha.. i know my dry sifting way better than ice water extraction.,
but least you know plant material wouldn’t do that so that’s pretty much pure resin there just sucks it warmed up too much in the tinfoil.
did you put the resin in the tinfoil unpressed?
next time press the resin when ready, if it works out and you’ve made a “temple ball” and want to put it away than seal it air tight in cellophane..
it sit out on the plate in a cardboard box for 3 weeks then into foil into my stash box the piece in question is one of the big round pieces on the plate

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it sit out on the plate in a cardboard box for 3 weeks then into foil into my stash box the piece in question is one of the big round pieces on the plate
View attachment 1205333
ok well could be a couple things, like was it fresh frozen? we’re you rough with the plants during flowering and trimming? could be damaged heads etc
but really i think you did good, maybe put in fridge than pick off and hand rub it with latex gloves. leave it for a day, if it kinda crumbles and falls apart than it was still too wet, this is not your issue or too much plant material again not your issue, maybe just guessing is damaged heads and lots of trichome stalks?
but also heat/warmth was too much in the foil in the box..

Top Bottom