Well.. I'm stumped... Could Be This.. Or It Could Be That... What Do You Think ?

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

The girls are about 5 weeks into flower.. started noticing brown specs... then splotches (not many leaves... but lately noticing more and more)

Using leave mold medium... thinking I may have come up short on the amount of oyster shells.... but have dosed with bone meal twice into flower (1/2 tsp) supposedly leaf mold get more acid as it breaks down.

Feeding 15-30-15... around 500-600 PPM.. Maintaining in the neighborhood around the same.

Been thinking this problem is mostly ph related... but I could be wrong...

Stated working a little harder at raising ph as it was around 5.5 (drain tray testing) (always been adjusting feeds and water to 6.5 plus)

3 days ago started using calcium carbonate... 1/2 tsp to gallon hit pH of 7.5 with all feeds or water to pot ... I thinking just keep dosing with it.. till the drain ph comes up..

Last night closer examination started to see what appears a lighten between folds / veins

So I'm searching for a higher knowledge...

Well im stumped could be this or it could be that what do you think

Well im stumped could be this or it could be that what do you think 2

Well im stumped could be this or it could be that what do you think 3

Well im stumped could be this or it could be that what do you think 4

I'm thinking... Possibly a calcium deficiency ?

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Knowing your case and what youve been feeding them and that you had to flush, and that your ph is acidic... yes its very possible that is calcium deficiency caused by low ph. Could be phopshorus deficiency (or iron but we ruled that out because of the tree ash) but I think theyre good on phosphorus right? We encounter the same problem as usual here, problems that look exactly the same when they start, but we can figure it out. Anyway I think that if you manage to get your PH right all of those problems will vanish, whatever deficiency it is. Sometimes even if there is plenty of one thing in the soil it still cant be absorved because other thing is missing so... its always a pain in the ass. I have supplements for about anything and when I start seeing this I sure make a good badge of nutes (easy on macros but heavy on micros, because I know for a fact its not gonna be a lack of macros unless I messed up something really bad, in which case I know).
MORE INPUT FROM OTHER PEOPLE WOULD BE APPRECIATED, ASK THE QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Eledin... thanks for stopping in... as always.. us newbies can count on you to "watch our backs" and provide useful top-notch information.

Yes I'm 95% sure this is a pH problem... originating from my failure to properly dose the leaf mold with the correct amount and type of lime prior to transplanting the clone females.

Also in last above images.. one can see the lightening of the bud leafs.. this is the appearance of a magnesium deficit.. again caused by low pH

This is an occurrence common to (us) newbies.. that are trying to be careful.. or have little experience in stage of the process... but we have to bear in mind that this is a learning process.

If I have a piece of advice to handout to novices such as myself I would say:

KNOW YOUR PH FROM THE START.. GET IT THEIR!

If you pH is out of range... you can expect all types of problems.. that are not this easy to diagnose.. and once you hit the right PH it makes other anomalies easy to diagnose...

Don't think maybe the pH is okay... "think".. I know the pH is okay!

Most likely this is where some... start reaching for the Cal_Mag.. trying to fix the problem.. reaching for straws.. when the problem lies with the PH.. this is where one can cause more damage.. from too much.

FROM THE ABOVE LINK
Calcium deficiencies most often show up in the following places:
Newer growth (upper leaves)
Parts of fan leaves that have been exposed to the light
Found near the top of the plant under the light

This is exactly the case... where the light shines the strongest.. there is where the spots are... the periphery (the least amount of light).. nice, green and healthy.. no spots to be found...

NEXT TIME

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis: When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons of fine dolomite lime to each gallon’s worth of soil. So if you’re mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH’ed to 6.5

Eledin

Eledin

Eledin... thanks for stopping in... as always.. us newbies can count on you to "watch our backs" and provide useful top-notch information.

Yes I'm 95% sure this is a pH problem... originating from my failure to properly dose the leaf mold with the correct amount and type of lime prior to transplanting the clone females.

Also in last above images.. one can see the lightening of the bud leafs.. this is the appearance of a magnesium deficit.. again caused by low pH

This is an occurrence common to (us) newbies.. that are trying to be careful.. or have little experience in stage of the process... but we have to bear in mind that this is a learning process.

If I have a piece of advice to handout to novices such as myself I would say:

KNOW YOUR PH FROM THE START.. GET IT THEIR!

If you pH is out of range... you can expect all types of problems.. that are not this easy to diagnose.. and once you hit the right PH it makes other anomalies easy to diagnose...

Don't think maybe the pH is okay... "think".. I know the pH is okay!

Most likely this is where some... start reaching for the Cal_Mag.. trying to fix the problem.. reaching for straws.. when the problem lies with the PH.. this is where one can cause more damage.. from too much.

FROM THE ABOVE LINK
Calcium deficiencies most often show up in the following places:
Newer growth (upper leaves)
Parts of fan leaves that have been exposed to the light
Found near the top of the plant under the light

This is exactly the case... where the light shines the strongest.. there is where the spots are... the periphery (the least amount of light).. nice, green and healthy.. no spots to be found...

NEXT TIME

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis: When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons of fine dolomite lime to each gallon’s worth of soil. So if you’re mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH’ed to 6.5
Very good info, keep it up! Youre a fast learner. Indeed, if the PH is not good it doesnt matter if you try to fix deficiencies, its most likely the PH causing them not a lack of nutrients in the soil. Some nutrients are not properly absorved (either too little or too much) if the PH is too high or too low. Too much of one nutrient (because of the PH or overfertilizing) can also cause nutrient lockout and make it look like you have a deficiency in the soil when its not the case.

Top Bottom