Well it finally happened. Total loss.

• Thread starter Ponky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Well. For the first time I lost all my clones in a batch. They all got a mildew and brown slime. They had been treated with a bit of 3 in 1. And they were 16 days in. I didn't do anything different so I'm not sure what changed.
Well it finally happened total loss

Ponky

Ponky

I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe the lid has degraded and is letting more light into the resiviour, and letting something grow. Maybe? If nothing else has changed.
Yeah not sure. Wasn't algae exactly. Watered wasn't even all that fouled. Maybe airflow was too weak down low. I'm going to soak with bleach for a few hours and reset with fresh clones. The plants I cut from are healthy. The previous clones from that plant are almost done. And very very dank. Zero issues on those. So yeah. I'm fully stumped. Never seen brown gelatinous slime on the stalks like that. And the mildew on the stems but not the leaves was weird too. Maybe I'll double down on the peroxide.

AKgrow

AKgrow

Do you add anything to the rez? Just thinking out loud again. Maybe old nutes? Maybe your air pump filter is dirty? Air pump is wearing out, running hotter, and introducing warm air into the rez? I don't know man, just throwing out ideas.

AKgrow

AKgrow

I've read some stuff on here about success rate going down when reusing collars, but not losing the whole lot. I'm guessing more light or heat got in the rez this time.

Ponky

Ponky

I've read some stuff on here about success rate going down when reusing collars, but not losing the whole lot. I'm guessing more light or heat got in the rez this time.
Air pumps just got new filters. New stones.. New Air lines. Heat stays within 2 degrees F. I'm going to move the fan. Aggressively pre treat the mothers with 3 in 1 for a couple days. And cut fresh and try again. Maybe do more peroxide. The batch before this was rooted in 7 days. I might increase the overall tent temperature a couple degrees maybe. See if it helps.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

Air pumps just got new filters. New stones.. New Air lines. Heat stays within 2 degrees F. I'm going to move the fan. Aggressively pre treat the mothers with 3 in 1 for a couple days. And cut fresh and try again. Maybe do more peroxide. The batch before this was rooted in 7 days. I might increase the overall tent temperature a couple degrees maybe. See if it helps.
My gut feeling is simply got too hot for the clones. I cannot clone during the hotter season as all my cuts turn to mush and mold on the days the heat randomly goes up here in so cal. Cloning in the cold I had no problem.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am following as I have a new cloning tray and cloned 5 in the summer and lost 3, gave 2 to a mentor of mine and they got "locked" in the root riot and died. This thread has shown me to keep water level in my cloner during the procedure. Thanks for the views. SS

G gnome

G gnome

I have a 48 site turbo klone i used with excellent success for years. Did the same thing as you cleqned the shit out of it after each use etc....till one time the clones shit on me. After it happened that one time i didnt think a whole lot of it. Blamed myself and moved on. Problem was for whatever reason after it happened to me once... it started happening more and more frequently till it got so undependable that i just sed fuck it...its not worth it and gave up

Top Bottom