Well this can't be good

• Thread starter muxee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

muxee

Ok, I had 4 plants vegging in pots and they were all beautiful and healthy. I put them into the ground in a spot that was made just for them and now they are all turning yellow and getting spots. I have read the other threads about this problem but wasn't sure if my problem was the same since mine were healthy before I put them in the ground. The dirt is a mixture of compost, old leaves and topsoil. I'm not sure if what I'm having is transplant shock, or if the soil is too "hot" from the compost, or something worse. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Well this cant be good

Well this cant be good 2

Well this cant be good 3

Well this cant be good 4

Well this cant be good 5

Here are some pics of the whole plants. The one yellowing the worst is the first one. I know the last pic looks bad but she was transplanted shortly before the picture was taken and she has recovered nicely.

Well this cant be good 6

Well this cant be good 7

Well this cant be good 8

Well this cant be good 9

Thank you again :)

D

david98686

They'll get better, might be a combination of things, just give them a little plain water for a week or so then up your nutrients slowly. They look good to me.. :)

og dmc

og dmc

deficiencies and lock out tend to affect older growth first. I think david prob has the best plan to fix it. Let them get adjusted, then start ferting again.

P

pistilwhipped

When I grow in soil and transplant my plants to new digs, they always seem to be negatively affected for a time. The loss of the older growth leaves could just be that the roots have gone into shock and are conserving and re-routing resources for the all important tops.

I agree with the consensus here, but add a question if I may; Did you check the ph of the soil you transplanted into? You mentioned compost and in my experience when adding compost I usually need to use a little dolomite lime to bring the ph back down. Our soil here is super rich and pitch black.

All the best on your plants, I don't think you'll have to wait too long to find out if you need to do something about ph, the leaves will tell you.

Pistil

BTW pictures #6,7, and 8 look great, those plants look happy to me.

M

muxee

Thanks PW. :) I am planning on picking up some ph strips from the store today, I had the same thought about the lime.... Great minds..... ;)

Thanks again.

R

ReelBusy1

Thanks PW. :) I am planning on picking up some ph strips from the store today, I had the same thought about the lime.... Great minds..... ;)

Thanks again.

if it is a ph issue then dolomite isn't enough as that takes time to leach into the soil also get some HYDRATED LIME as it acts almost immediately on ph.

M

muxee

Sweet! Thats good to know. Thanks for the heads up RB1. :handshake

M

muxee

The girls are all perking up nicely and getting all green and lucious again. I'm still gonna grab a ph test strip though. Thanks again to all for the help and advice.

Top Bottom