Well this help ripen faster?

• Thread starter DaWizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DaWizzard

DaWizzard

Ok so I have a clone (monster crop) from the last girl I ran. I chopped last run on day 70 and I’m pretty sure it was a bit early. I’m now on day 72 with this one.

Most of my trichomes are still clear on the buds and I’m starting to get a bit of foxtail going on like last time. Lights on temps have been around 80-82 with lights off around 73-75. Humidity varies from 52-65.

Last night I cut back from 12/12 to 10/14 and dialed back the light from 100% to 70%. Also left the door open to the room the tents are in to allow cooler air in. This dropped lights on temp to 75 and lights off to 69.

I’m not worried about yield as I’m just trying to get this one finished. I have 2 more clones in my veg tent that I flipped to flower 11 days ago and I need to get them into the flower tent soon.

My question is will the light cycle cut back and temp drop help them ripen faster? Is there Anything else I can do along side this to speed it up a bit more?

Well this help ripen faster
Well this help ripen faster 2
Well this help ripen faster 3
Well this help ripen faster 4
Well this help ripen faster 5
Well this help ripen faster 6

These are the girls that need moved over soon.

Well this help ripen faster 7

Anthem

Anthem

Ok so I have a clone (monster crop) from the last girl I ran. I chopped last run on day 70 and I’m pretty sure it was a bit early. I’m now on day 72 with this one.

Most of my trichomes are still clear on the buds and I’m starting to get a bit of foxtail going on like last time. Lights on temps have been around 80-82 with lights off around 73-75. Humidity varies from 52-65.

Last night I cut back from 12/12 to 10/14 and dialed back the light from 100% to 70%. Also left the door open to the room the tents are in to allow cooler air in. This dropped lights on temp to 75 and lights off to 69.

I’m not worried about yield as I’m just trying to get this one finished. I have 2 more clones in my veg tent that I flipped to flower 11 days ago and I need to get them into the flower tent soon.

My question is will the light cycle cut back and temp drop help them ripen faster? Is there Anything else I can do along side this to speed it up a bit more?

View attachment 1296487View attachment 1296488View attachment 1296489View attachment 1296490View attachment 1296491View attachment 1296492

These are the girls that need moved over soon.

View attachment 1296493
I have never really been too hip on dropping the amount of light until I started trying to manage foxtailing. Too much light can cause foxtailing. But there is a direct relationship to quantity of light and getting the plant to finish. Meaning you should try to balance the amount of light so you do not get foxtail but try and keep the light intensity as high as you can. In my experience lowering the light intensity has an adverse effect on getting the plants to finish.
Temperatures also can play into this. I am in the middle of week 8 and I want lights off as cool at I can get it. 62 for me, if I could get into the mid 50 I would

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Forgot to mention the strain. Frosted Trainwreck by @We_Toke_Chronic
That doesn't look like foxtails to me. Those aren't loose, running type of buds. It's more like additional dense stacking on an almost mature bud. Sometimes it just takes more time for it to finish. If your environment isn't perfect or lighting isn't perfect or nutrition isn't perfect ... those can slow you down some. Now don't get me wrong, your plants look very good ... very well done from a grower's standpoint. They simply look like they need a bit more time.

If it were mine, I would raise the light if I had room or dropped light intensity to 90% and try to bring daytime temps down into the mid 70's. I would have left it at 12/12 and if I thought it were nitrates contributing to the problem, I'd flush with something like Bush Doctor's Sledge Hammer. However, I need to say flushing isn't something I usually do.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

I have never really been too hip on dropping the amount of light until I started trying to manage foxtailing. Too much light can cause foxtailing. But there is a direct relationship to quantity of light and getting the plant to finish. Meaning you should try to balance the amount of light so you do not get foxtail but try and keep the light intensity as high as you can. In my experience lowering the light intensity has an adverse effect on getting the plants to finish.
Temperatures also can play into this. I am in the middle of week 8 and I want lights off as cool at I can get it. 62 for me, if I could get into the mid 50 I would
I wish I could get temps that low. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to bring in air from my cool garage with some kind of controller. Like a motorized dapper tied somehow to a temperate controller.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

That doesn't look like foxtails to me. Those aren't loose, running type of buds. It's more like additional dense stacking on an almost mature bud. Sometimes it just takes more time for it to finish. If your environment isn't perfect or lighting isn't perfect or nutrition isn't perfect ... those can slow you down some. Now don't get me wrong, your plants look very good ... very well done from a grower's standpoint. They simply look like they need a bit more time.

If it were mine, I would raise the light if I had room or dropped light intensity to 90% and try to bring daytime temps down into the mid 70's. I would have left it at 12/12 and if I thought it were nitrates contributing to the problem, I'd flush with something like Bush Doctor's Sledge Hammer. However, I need to say flushing isn't something I usually do.
The fish fertilizer I use is higher nitrogen. Didn’t think about it until you said that but that might be a bit of my problem. I was using it for the beneficial things in it. Thoughts?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The fish fertilizer I use is higher nitrogen. Didn’t think about it until you said that but that might be a bit of my problem. I was using it for the beneficial things in it. Thoughts?
It's possible. To know for sure, we'd have to look at everything from your soil, your feed schedule and what is in it. I don't think a product like Fish Head Farm's "Fish Shit" on it's own would cause that kind of boost in nitrogen. The plant still has nitrogen needs late in life, but you prefer that the plant gets that from itself (colorful fade) instead of the soil.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

It's possible. To know for sure, we'd have to look at everything from your soil, your feed schedule and what is in it. I don't think a product like Fish Head Farm's "Fish Shit" on it's own would cause that kind of boost in nitrogen. The plant still has nitrogen needs late in life, but you prefer that the plant gets that from itself (colorful fade) instead of the soil.
I’ve been using Humboldts Secret Base A&B at double strength, Fish fertilizer that is 5-1-1 at regular dosage, Recharge microbes at regular dosage, and Flower Fuel at regular dosage. I feed that every other watering. Just reading that makes me realize I might need to cut back. She has been a hunger girl lol

We_Toke_Chronic

We_Toke_Chronic

I’ve been using Humboldts Secret Base A&B at double strength, Fish fertilizer that is 5-1-1 at regular dosage, Recharge microbes at regular dosage, and Flower Fuel at regular dosage. I feed that every other watering. Just reading that makes me realize I might need to cut back. She has been a hunger girl lol
Yea cut out the fish fertz and they should swell up faster! Looking good though and probably smelling even better! Thanks @Oldchucky glad you liked it! I have a bunch of new Frosted Altoid crosses I’m harvesting right now 👇🏻

759F17FB 2269 480F 80BE 20583E7B6CC7
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

From my experience, low temperatures don't help a plant finish, though they can add color.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Someone told me it might help. I’m going to give it a shot anyways.
A drop in temperature at night just keeps things in line with nature. It doesn't, in my opinion, need to be much. I prefer my indoor crops to stay in the mid 60's or higher during light off. Dropping the temp during lights on is to try to minimize essential oil loss at the end. I think once temperatures get down too low, the plants slow down. How low is too low? It's probably genetic where northern strains are hardier. In your case, it sounds like a lot of nitrogen in your feed routine. Have you backed off on that at all? Nitrogen needs right now are minimal and should be able to get it by robbing the green from fan leaves and such as it finishes.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

A drop in temperature at night just keeps things in line with nature. It doesn't, in my opinion, need to be much. I prefer my indoor crops to stay in the mid 60's or higher during light off. Dropping the temp during lights on is to try to minimize essential oil loss at the end. I think once temperatures get down too low, the plants slow down. How low is too low? It's probably genetic where northern strains are hardier. In your case, it sounds like a lot of nitrogen in your feed routine. Have you backed off on that at all? Nitrogen needs right now are minimal and should be able to get it by robbing the green from fan leaves and such as it finishes.
Yup I’m just going to go plain water for the next week and see how she reacts. I also turned my lights back up since most here seem to say it doesn’t really make it finish faster and I’m just losing out on yield. Basically just going back to what I was doing before but only watering for now. She seemed to love the higher temps anyways. Worst case scenario is I’ll just flower out the other 2 in the veg tent. No real difference in the setups other than this one has a higher cfm exhaust fan and it actually has an intake fan but that is easily moved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom