Well, this is embarrassing

• Thread starter Budbabe13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budbabe13

Budbabe13

First I need to say that I have learned an immense amount by poring over everything that I could find time to absorb. Without this knowledge I couldn’t have pulled my last grow off with the results that I am so proud of.
Now on to today’s issue (embarrassing as it is)
I am about to flip 12 plants and a couple weeks back I noticed some leaf issues. I had misdiagnosed it as a mildew problem because my old handheld microscope just didn’t have the detail my vision needs. So I treated with a fungicide, lollipopped my ladies adjusted my fans and when I drove into a town next invested in a better viewer that attaches to my phone. Walked in and went to check my girls. Grabbed a shabby looking leaf that seemed fine yesterday and kaboom - very clearly spider mites we’re rocking it 🕷👩‍🌾👎. The good news is I had read here that Captain Jack Dead Bug would quickly take care of them and had purchased a bottle and put it back for an occasion that I needed it. Just sprayed my girls pretty thoroughly and so far so good. Can’t see anything moving and it’s been 2 hours.
I had just yesterday put the girls in a shower and manually rinsed them after the fungicide and defoliation I wanted to clean them up so I could flip them.
What advice do you have because I haven’t had this experience indoors before and since I stay to myself in a remote area y’all are my info source.
I have diaceous earth I can apply to the floors and also neem /peroxide and a fogger of pylon tr which was obtained from a commercial Cannabis grower out of my state.
I can delay the flip until we get it right but need guidance. Please don’t make me feel more ignorant than I do already. I am learning as fast as possible.

Well this is embarrassing
Well this is embarrassing 2
DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i havent had mite problem before, only advice i would give is to make absolutely sure that they are gone before you flip, you dont want to lose a whole crop. if they show up at the end of flower its salvagable you just need to make bubble hash it will clean everything and isolate the trichomes with a couple good rinses

Budbabe13

Budbabe13

i havent had mite problem before, only advice i would give is to make absolutely sure that they are gone before you flip, you dont want to lose a whole crop. if they show up at the end of flower its salvagable you just need to make bubble hash it will clean everything and isolate the trichomes with a couple good rinses
I haven’t ever had anything worse than some grasshoppers when outdoor growing. But from reading here and knowing that these things happen, I tried to be ready in case. I’m hopeful that I caught them in time. They reproduce fast and can be hard to eradicate. My prior indoor grows didn’t have any real problems so idk if I need to do more. They weren’t many, but I knew for a week or so that there was something wrong.
I plan to make sure I am on the right path when I flip because after that it gets harder to deal with

the rrock

the rrock

Floramite and Avid is the best for SM eradication,spray twice 5 days apart,problem gone. Anything else is a joke(predator mites,ladybugs ,neem,capt jack,etc,etc).Available on amazon

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

De earth your girls, lighley dust your fans, dust all around the plant when dirt gets dry leave for 72 hours flush out plant and check ph, this is a cheap highly effective way to kill any pest with an exoskeleton, i have 2 very expensive autos who got a severe case of thrips when they were young, did the de earth, plants are allmost 50 days old still in veg and running on both cycles, first pic a damaged leaf, now look at plants! I would have lost them for shure if the de did not save them

20191210 142004
20191210 075715
20191210 075729
Budbabe13

Budbabe13

Inspiration! Thank you for sharing wi
De earth your girls, lighley dust your fans, dust all around the plant when dirt gets dry leave for 72 hours flush out plant and check ph, this is a cheap highly effective way to kill any pest with an exoskeleton, i have 2 very expensive autos who got a severe case of thrips when they were young, did the de earth, plants are allmost 50 days old still in veg and running on both cycles, first pic a damaged leaf, now look at plants! I would have lost them for shure if the de did not save them
E... I got this recently from a commercial grower who said he uses it and that it works well. It says thrips in the labeling. I set it off yesterday in my rooms and nothing is moving now. He says that it works well and it definitively kills on contact. The active ingredient is Chlorfenapyr. Name was Pylon TR. I ordered from Amazon and the Avid per Rrocks advice.
Your girls look happy and healthy !

Top Bottom