• Tagged users None
F

FatFriday

I got a Bluelab Conductivity Pen - LINK to test our well water

ran the water or a few gallans and ran a test

200 PPM-500 @ 56F
280 PPM-700 @ 56F
0.4 EC @ 56F

I was wondering if this would an ok base for a RDWC system - I really dont want to buy a filter/RO system if I dont have to

thanks
FF

F

FatFriday

was going to get it tested - lived here for the past 50 years - the water will rust plastic pipes - as in iron build up on the pipes :D

Bannacis

Bannacis

Look into a simple iron filter setup.
make a inline trap filter with a powerful magnet... I wonder if you ran your lines through a electric coil it would collect iron?
It would need to be made that it was removable to clean out....hmmm, your post has got me curious now. thanks...

Natural

Natural

I used to run a well..had to run a whole house filter on it..sediment and carbon was the set up..the filters would go dirty and ec would fluctuate..also..another thing to watch out for is when the well gets low, it contacts more carbonate. Makes your water alkaline..meaning however you adjust it..PH will still climb in your substrate. RO is expensive and wasteful..but pays for itself in trouble free flowers. good luck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I got a Bluelab Conductivity Pen - LINK to test our well water

ran the water or a few gallans and ran a test

200 PPM-500 @ 56F
280 PPM-700 @ 56F
0.4 EC @ 56F

I was wondering if this would an ok base for a RDWC system - I really dont want to buy a filter/RO system if I dont have to

thanks
FF
What temp is the pen supposed to be used at? 56*F is pretty cold, most meters I've used need the water to be much warmer than that. Check that first.

Beyond that... I haven't done RDWC, but, I do/have done aquaponics and eventually it works out just fine. Not immediately, and adjustments do need to be made.

Top Bottom