Well water

• Thread starter feelmyanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

feelmyanger

My well water is 5.9 PH and 190ppm, is it ok to use?

If so, should I use hard or soft water micro?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes thats pretty good for well water

but i would still consider that "hard" water so use the hard water micro nutes

your well water ph might fluctuate as your water table rises and falls -so keep an eye on that

P

Powdery

All water contains bacteria which could be detrimental to your system. Skip the hassle use RO, the osmosis filter will remove 99.999 percent of microorganism/ bacteria form the water.

If you don't use RO then distilled water is the next best choice IMO.
Never well as it fluctuates pending on the water table, weather, rain....etc.

F

farktopia

All water contains bacteria which could be detrimental to your system. Skip the hassle use RO, the osmosis filter will remove 99.999 percent of microorganism/ bacteria form the water.

If you don't use RO then distilled water is the next best choice IMO.
Never well as it fluctuates pending on the water table, weather, rain....etc.

This is spot on.

My RO permeate pump went down on me and I had to use unfiltered well water for a day.

It introduced a white mold that grew on all sides of the rockwool blocks, luckily I had some SM-90 handy and I was able to kill it off quickly.

That being said... My well water is 9.5ph and 780 TDS.. :dull

G

gettogro

U could use a UV pond sterilizer to pre treat your water. Should kill off all the bactieria

ttystikk

ttystikk

All the above is good advice. One thing I'd add is to try to keep your water cool, as close to 65 or even a bit below as possible. This is warm enough for the plants, but cool enough for good oxygen saturation and it inhibits pathogens. If your well water has that much dissolved solids in it, then chances are you don't want to add anything with calcium in it or you risk lockout issues. That's what the hard water formulas do for you.

Top Bottom