Welp! Green House Powder Feeding

• Thread starter LegalizeNorway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Okey, so im planning on testing out dry nutrition on my next 2 autos.. Dont really know much about dry nutrition other then what Gaia Green has, all the youtubers and most people on the forum use it, so yeah :p Got my hand on GreenHouse Powder Feeding, and im whondering if the content of this, is it "stronger" then Gaia's 444? Should i cut the mixing ratio or just stick to the schedule following? Worm casting VS Bat guano?

Canna Coco Pro
GH Grow
GH Bloom
Perlite
Plagron Worm Castings

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS BioGrow:

Organic Carbon (C)20%
Total Nitrogen (N) 7%
Organic Nitrogen (N) 7%
Phosphorus pentoxide soluble in water and neutral ammonium citrate (P 2 O 5 ) 2%
Potassium oxide soluble in water (K 2 O)4%
Calcium oxide (CaO)8%
Magnesium oxide (MgO)4%
Sulfur trioxide (SO3)9%
Organic matter from bone meal, malt germ, horn meal, feather meal, vinasses, rapeseed cake meal34%

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS BioBloom:

Organic Carbon (C)18%
Total Nitrogen (N) 4%
Organic Nitrogen (N) 4%
Phosphorus pentoxide soluble in water
and neutral ammonium citrate (P 2 O 5 )
9%
Potassium oxide soluble in water (K 2 O)9%
Calcium oxide (Ca)8%
Magnesium oxide (Mg)4%
Sulfur trioxide (S)18%
Organic Matter from bone meal, feather meal, vinasses, rapeseed cake meal.

Trixie

Trixie

I would start at 1/2 the manufactures recommendation. As the plants respond to the addition of water the plants will show you what they need.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

I would start at 1/2 the manufactures recommendation. As the plants respond to the addition of water the plants will show you what they need.
That wont mess up anything in the mix? Like, i just have to start top dressing earlier?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That wont mess up anything in the mix? Like, i just have to start top dressing earlier?
It could require earlier topdressing, but the point is that if you put too much in, there's no good remedy.

In looking at Gaia Green 444 vs the two you mention, above, it looks to me like Gaia Green is a little hotter when in comes to the N, and possibly a little cooler when it comes to calcium, but it's hard to tell.

Gaia Green doesn't show everything in its analysis -- like calcium. They say they have oyster shells in it, so there must be calcium, but they don't include it in the analysis. Biogrow and biobloom mention calcium as a percentage of CaO. If there's really CaO in there, it could be pretty hot. But when ag products provide an analysis, they sometimes express the % of an element as a compound that isn't actually IN the fertilizer. (For example, no fertilizer has K2O or P2O5 in it, but the % K and %P is expressed as those compounds.)

Bottom line is I think you have to experiment. Give one plant the full dose, give another 1/2 or 3/4.

The plants in your diary are looking good. What did those larger plants get?

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

It could require earlier topdressing, but the point is that if you put too much in, there's no good remedy.

In looking at Gaia Green 444 vs the two you mention, above, it looks to me like Gaia Green is a little hotter when in comes to the N, and possibly a little cooler when it comes to calcium, but it's hard to tell.

Gaia Green doesn't show everything in its analysis -- like calcium. They say they have oyster shells in it, so there must be calcium, but they don't include it in the analysis. Biogrow and biobloom mention calcium as a percentage of CaO. If there's really CaO in there, it could be pretty hot. But when ag products provide an analysis, they sometimes express the % of an element as a compound that isn't actually IN the fertilizer. (For example, no fertilizer has K2O or P2O5 in it, but the % K and %P is expressed as those compounds.)

Bottom line is I think you have to experiment. Give one plant the full dose, give another 1/2 or 3/4.

The plants in your diary are looking good. What did those larger plants get?
That sounds pretty smart tbh, i was thinking about cutting the mix, but had to make sure i didnt just waste time and made more trouble for myself 👌 i’ll give 1/2 and the other 3/4, practice makes perfect 😊

This is my second try, and they are both the same strain, both getting GHE / Terra aquatica dual-part coco, the smaller one got stunted in early veg, so transplanted to a smaller pot

Top Bottom