were would one get some landrace strains.. the originals?

• Thread starter FruitOfTheLabor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FruitOfTheLabor

anyone know were to get the original strains that it all started from? what did the breeders start with ? and if u were a new breeder what would u start witht?

B

Biggestpothead

For landraces look at skunkman, sensi, the real seed company, world of seeds,
Homegrown Fantaseeds. But that's alot of work u got ahead of u. That's why most breeders use known potent cuts to cross from. Good luck

F

FruitOfTheLabor

i just want to buy them now.. so that wen they stop selling them ill have them to play around with . .

F

FruitOfTheLabor

problem is i am from the East Coast.. and out here.. cuts of the REAL DEAL .. are normaly not what people say they are.. so its easy to say ya they use good cuts and shit.. but ya .. look at how much people pay for clones for crosses.. look at green crack.. cecil paid 2500 fora cutting.. if it were easier to get cuttings in this area i would rather go with the cuttings.

phenotyper

phenotyper

How about Madala seeds? They make hybrids out of landrace strains. You'd probably find what you're looking for crossing common offspring.

slausongardens

slausongardens

2500 for a cut of green crack?? wtf i dont even know the amount of times ive passed on green crack for $10.. if i took my collection to the east coast i think i'd make a good living. damn.

if you just want landrace strains and no specific ones look into mandala, hes got amazing and unique strains from all over as does cannabiogen and ace, they really have amazing landraces.. i suggest the pakistani citral kush.. thats a landrace that is really top notch. but they also have genetics from mexico, india, thailand, jamaica, all the best spots. other then that i think reeferman might have some columbian gold and some other mexican landraces. gage green was working on some columbian reds too.i dunno, look around at attitude.

B

Biggestpothead

I hear it's all about Colombian gold pure Thais o. Haze mexicans Africans
The equatorial strains.

O

organickat

Its not a problem find landrace strains its how pure or what the seed company crossed to them to stablize them so just do the research

K

Kobe24

I have Landrace Iranian genetics that nobody in the Western World has yet...they are from
Tuyserkan...Such a Gorgeous part of the world...high up in the mountains.... I have over a thousand seeds from there.... Almost 2 years in...ive grown out about a 100 and found 2 amazing phenos that have the yummiest fruit smell/taste out of any strain i have smoked to date...lots of hidden treasure around the world still .... Iran has amazing Cannabis that has been growing there naturally for thousands of years.... Ancient Hash Smokers... None of that fake ass Taliban Shadow King Bullshit ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuyserkan

Wildill

Wildill

Nice find what are the flowering times like?

I have Landrace Iranian genetics that nobody in the Western World has yet...they are from
Tuyserkan...Such a Gorgeous part of the world...high up in the mountains.... I have over a thousand seeds from there.... Almost 2 years in...ive grown out about a 100 and found 2 amazing phenos that have the yummiest fruit smell/taste out of any strain i have smoked to date...lots of hidden treasure around the world still .... Iran has amazing Cannabis that has been growing there naturally for thousands of years.... Ancient Hash Smokers... None of that fake ass Taliban Shadow King Bullshit ....

jitty bo

jitty bo

my nephew is in the peace corp he sent us some seeds from mozembiqe ( did spell that right but its in africa ) the pack had TOFO on it we are growing now 2males and 3 females

Wildill

Wildill

my nephew is in the peace corp he sent us some seeds from mozembiqe ( did spell that right but its in africa ) the pack had TOFO on it we are growing now 2males and 3 females
How are they looking so far?

jitty bo

jitty bo

like a sativa dom plant i will get pics but it in the green house so it just getting tall as hell i did some looking into tofo bcuz thats where they come from and they showed pics of weed from the area it looks similar

Wildill

Wildill

like a sativa dom plant i will get pics but it in the green house so it just getting tall as hell i did some looking into tofo bcuz thats where they come from and they showed pics of weed from the area it looks similar
Cool hope they turn out good for you keep us posted

S

stockman123

anyone know were to get the original strains that it all started from? what did the breeders start with ? and if u were a new breeder what would u start witht?
If your from the USA go to Cali up north most all of the best strain were started right here in the USA and afganistan

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Ace, Cannabiogen, Mandala and the others recommended here are all solid places to start. I've loved the results since I started running pure sativas. Wouldn't step foot in a shop here if ya paid me. You're going to have to look very hard for true landraces (as in going to the places and coming back with seeds) but I would start with simply talking to people. There are some amazing strains from the east coast. Some East coast landraces that come to mind are:

Herojuana (half Kentucky landrace)
Bubblegum (original from Serious is landrace from Indiana)
Florida Lemonade (FL landrace)
Diesel (NYC area landrace)

and don't forget there's been a huge scene in Woodstock and all the artist colonies throughout the Northeast for centuries!!! Plenty of NYC strains have been growing wild in and around the city for centuries. Just read Jack Kerouac's Desolation Angels and he talks about the giant "field of tea" growing right under the Brooklyn Bridge, and this was the 1950s!!!

If you want to preserve genetics and try sativas from around the world (which is what I do), go with the seed companies mentioned. Orient Express from Ace is a great place to start as is Satori and others from Mandala, which being hybrids grow a bit easier than the Aces, but still I think 99% of the people who complain about sativas being scary and unable to grow in a tent have either never grown one before and are just rehashing Ed Rosenthal's statement from 1984 at the height of Afghani vogue, or need to work on their growing skills.

What I'm doing is creating my own landrace with my favorite strains which will grow perfectly for my climate. After 5 seasons, you've got a landrace!! I have seeds of a landrace from socal I got from a friend in his 60s. He said over the years it started to stretch with the longer season and the buds thinned out so it grows really interestingly as it must have been an indica that over the years of being grown in a desert has become a sativa. He said it took about 5 seasons which seems to be the common answer I get. So find strains you like but more importantly will grow in your climate and start breeding!! In a few grows you'll have something noone has ever seen (for good or ill)!!! Best of luck!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

@Kobe24 I hope your hunt and refining goes well! That's really cool you're pheno hunting instead of just throwing them out there because they're a landrace. Please release them someday!

I'd like to see us put our noggins together and come up with a way to contact each other and get serious about trading genetics locally, at cups or intra-state. With Legalization (aka Corporatization) right around the corner, we could end up with Monsanto controlling the seed supply and Marlboro offering a pack of "Sativa" Joints, "Hybrid" joints and "Indica" joints leaving us all screwed.

Top Bottom