West coast is getting rained on, are you harvesting early?

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rolln J

I had an idea for an outdoor grow because here you have to worry about deer, but I just realized it would rock for rain as well!

get one of those carport style tents and cover the frame with what we call here "no climb" or ranch style fence and make a gate so you can get in/out - now you have something them fucking deer cant jump into and if rain is coming you can throw the canvas on and they will be all nice and cozy.

T

the Rock

I like the lightning here in the bay.

that was the most wicked lightning I have ever seen) and I lived in Flo rida for 4 years) the bolts were just drilling into the ground =like 4-5 seconds,wish i had my camera as I was driving thru Gilroy at the time

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

We all need to plant some seeds in the burn area's to hold the hills....
So when El nino comes people wont loose there house's from mud slides

Thats a good point! It might be late to put anything sufficient in the ground for the upcoming rains, but anything helps. I would hate to lose all that valuable topsoil too! A good 7000 acres just burned in my area!

Good rain in Santa Cruz, and Corralitos. Even Morgan Hill where its usually 100 in the shade got some good rain! Lost some branches due to water weight, but today is scorching in the later two areas. I'm not going to harvest early, but I might give a light spray of diluted milk, just to preemptively keep off any powdery mildew.

I agree that a few days of mist or fog is much worse than a night or two of rain. The crops on the hot side of the hill here are only going to benefit from a short downpour.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Containers and a outside tent for the win, I am actually starting a new build project today, gonna build a wood shed for them, 6x8x8, hope to have it done in the next few days before my trip.

My friend did the same and just built a 10x6x8 shed in his yard. It wasn't expensive and it only took a couple days to finish by himself. Its working extremely well.

fractal

fractal

I like the lightning here in the bay.

I totally agree. Growing up in san jose I used to really love it when the weather would turn and it would be stormy. In fact that is why I have ended up living in seattle and also humboldt county. . . Two places with inclement weather a lot of the time and SUPER dank being grown by folks with a lot of experience. That is why I am here now.

fractal

fractal

Hey 500 spare your plants the milk dude a day or two of rains won't create PM and even so it would have to hang around a long time to let PM grow. 90 degrees and sunshine kills those spores pretty well.

G

gulf island

it rained here for three days no rot at all but we have breed genetics to with hold the mildew and mold from the rain.A3 is finished october 20th roughly same as pollcat not ever a spot of mold on A3 and barley ever on polecat..

fractal

fractal

That is some serious breeding GI, and also those seem like relative late finishers for BC or is that wrong. I thought that your harvest season was almost over, that far north.

B

bigbag

timewarp & purple pineberry r very mold resistant also.we go through this every season in BC.i like 2 grow some early stuff,so i have smoke while i wait 4 the Oct stuff.early weed is in high demand as well because there isnt as much around.come Oct every1 has a big bag

S

supasticky

that was the most wicked lightning I have ever seen) and I lived in Flo rida for 4 years) the bolts were just drilling into the ground =like 4-5 seconds,wish i had my camera as I was driving thru Gilroy at the time

It was pretty crazy. the street lights were going off because it was so bright.

G

gulf island

timewarp & purple pineberry r very mold resistant also.we go through this every season in BC.i like 2 grow some early stuff,so i have smoke while i wait 4 the Oct stuff.early weed is in high demand as well because there isnt as much around.come Oct every1 has a big bag

you are absolutly right big bag except the timewarp is suseptable to mildew. but it does not rot me and reef had a good talk about the true timewarp and how almost always has mildew and how it never use to have mildew. timewarp was always my favorite smoke. but i wont plant it anymore.i have cross breeds that are not suseptable to mildew like, pinewarp,seawarp,texada wonder,and my texada kush my new indoor cross as well.i just planted 100 texada kush seeds to back cross.i have left my A3 out untell october 28th and not a spot of mildew or rot amazing buds i tried posting pics but it kept saying failed upload pissing me off lol.the october harvest are for sure the better smoke you are right big bag but early wonder done right is some tasty weed i did early wonder x A3 this year its amazing pot the one pheno looks crazy it looks like it will harvest october 1st cant wait.this pheno is leaning more towards the A3 but earlyer harvest.i made these seeds last year and im growing them out this year and so far im very impressed with all phenos.

B

bigbag

right on,i had a good season as well.great summer.
yes TTW is a mildew magnet post 98'?i blame the yanks,climate control chem trails.check your skies

S

smellychronic

rained here in my part of Norcal for a couple days. covered them with a angled tarp. Kepted them in the ground for a week longer. harvested with no mold or rot.

R

Rolln J

I got to smoke some rain/wind harvested purple forest yesterday - just one little branch - TASTY!

fractal

fractal

right on,i had a good season as well.great summer.
yes TTW is a mildew magnet post 98'?i blame the yanks,climate control chem trails.check your skies

Canada is in on the NWO / one north america thing too, jackoff. Im getting dusted by chemtrails 24/7 and I suspect it has a lot to do with a lot, but mold on the timewarp? Climates are changing everywhere. About the only bad thing you can blame on the yanks is defeating germany in ww2, since then it's been outta our hands

:hunter:

M

Mox

Being in the south bay area myself we are more concerned with wind than rain. It rained a bit recently but not enough to hurt them at all as far as mildew or anything. We had one branch break at the bottom of the plant due to weight but we tied it back and its still growing well. We have about a month longer to grow, hopefully there won't be any bad rains. We keep an eye on the weather forecast and if its going to be more than light rain we are going to have to run down to home depot and get some rebar and tarps ...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Canada is in on the NWO / one north america thing too, jackoff. Im getting dusted by chemtrails 24/7 and I suspect it has a lot to do with a lot, but mold on the timewarp? Climates are changing everywhere. About the only bad thing you can blame on the yanks is defeating germany in ww2, since then it's been outta our hands

:hunter:
The U.S. has a lot of responsibility in the way that the world is today, be it in Latin America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and especially the Middle East. But, even a broken clock is right twice a day, I am thankful that Hitler's Germany lost. It would not have been nice. I have read Mein Kampf, and although Hitler was a brilliant man he was obviously crazy and bent on being an authoritative world dictator. The U.S. is attempting to be a better country, at least Barack is doing amazing things, so give us a chance, I am sure our country will look very different in ten years. And if "our" is in reference to the white man, than I am very sorry for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom