Wet/ dry cycles on outdoor plants

• Thread starter Rooke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

Hello fellow farmers! Hope all your gals are doing great. I’d like to hear what you have to say about wet/ dry cycles on outdoor plants in veg and flower. I’m growing in 35 gal pots in soil my plants are 16 weeks old and have been flowering for about 3 weeks now and doing quite well. I feed every day it’s been really warm lately. I feed early morning between 10-13 litres each. sometimes they’re still a bit moist about 1.5 to 2 inches below the surface but I typically feed them a bit less when I notice that. Today I thought because my holes on the side of my pots 1.5 inches from the bottom are still fairly moist I wouldn’t feed them. later on in the afternoon I checked them and 2 of the 4 had dried out considerably at the surface. Is it common practice to go through the wet dry cycle on outdoor gals? I usually keep the surface a bit on the moist side but not wet. Any thoughts? Please and thanks in advance!!! Happy growing farmers!!!
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 2
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 3
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 4
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 5
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 6

Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 7
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 8
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 9
Wet dry cycles on outdoor plants 10
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello fellow farmers! Hope all your gals are doing great. I’d like to hear what you have to say about wet/ dry cycles on outdoor plants in veg and flower. I’m growing in 35 gal pots in soil my plants are 16 weeks old and have been flowering for about 3 weeks now and doing quite well. I feed every day it’s been really warm lately. I feed early morning between 10-13 litres each. sometimes they’re still a bit moist about 1.5 to 2 inches below the surface but I typically feed them a bit less when I notice that. Today I thought because my holes on the side of my pots 1.5 inches from the bottom are still fairly moist I wouldn’t feed them. later on in the afternoon I checked them and 2 of the 4 had dried out considerably at the surface. Is it common practice to go through the wet dry cycle on outdoor gals? I usually keep the surface a bit on the moist side but not wet. Any thoughts? Please and thanks in advance!!! Happy growing farmers!!!View attachment 887652View attachment 887653View attachment 887654View attachment 887655View attachment 887656View attachment 887657
as old as they are breaking there cycle will stress them,best way is just a probe that give you acurite readings 45 to 55% moisture,not mention they get hotter with all the foilage come 2 to 4 pm here were im at 100 already the plants just look like melted wax,sun up and down like frisky puppies

Rooke

Rooke

as old as they are breaking there cycle will stress them,best way is just a probe that give you acurite readings 45 to 55% moisture,not mention they get hotter with all the foilage come 2 to 4 pm here were im at 100 already the plants just look like melted wax,sun up and down like frisky puppies
Hey there , thanks for the reply and the info I’ll start checking them with one and see if the old finger needs calibration lol. I tried skipping a day just to see what moisture would be like at surface and it had dried up a lot.

Madbud

Madbud

I don’t think its possible to overwater your 35 gallon bags outdoors if they are on pallets or such.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey there , thanks for the reply and the info I’ll start checking them with one and see if the old finger needs calibration lol. I tried skipping a day just to see what moisture would be like at surface and it had dried up a lot.
go about 3 inchs deep and get your hands in there,if it dry at 3inchs ,water but dont soak it,just about a gallon to keep the tank top off it you dig

Top Bottom