Wet Trim and Cannabutter?

• Thread starter Bluephoria
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluephoria

Hi there!
Iโ€™m finally cutting down my first female plant (yay!) and Iโ€™m interested in integrating the cuttings into butter. Iโ€™ve read a lot about the process, but it all seems to begin with trimmings taken out of the freezer.

Is it possible to prep FRESH sugar leaf trimmings and โ€œpopcorn budsโ€ for canabutter?

Thank you!!

Wet trim and cannabutter
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I've yet to do it myself as I have a few harvests sitting in my deep freezer. Many people use fresh out the freezer and into the oven before making it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi there!
Iโ€™m finally cutting down my first female plant (yay!) and Iโ€™m interested in integrating the cuttings into butter. Iโ€™ve read a lot about the process, but it all seems to begin with trimmings taken out of the freezer.

Is it possible to prep FRESH sugar leaf trimmings and โ€œpopcorn budsโ€ for canabutter?

Thank you!!
Congratulations on your first harvest ๐Ÿ‘

Galvatron

Galvatron

There are many ways to make Cannabutter. I like coconut oil better. If you plan on making it more often, look into the Magical Butter Machine.
There are a lot of resources on their site for making yummy things.

B

Bluephoria

There are many ways to make Cannabutter. I like coconut oil better. If you plan on making it more often, look into the Magical Butter Machine.
There are a lot of resources on their site for making yummy things.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

B

Bluephoria

I've yet to do it myself as I have a few harvests sitting in my deep freezer. Many people use fresh out the freezer and into the oven before making it.

Cool! I went ahead and just tried lol. Weโ€™ll see if it has the effects and if not, then Iโ€™ll know for next time ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Dbear180

Dbear180

I dont have exp with just tossing fresh buds in, but the cook in me thinks that your butter is gonna mold pretty quick. My thought process (I might be wrong about this part idk for sure) is if you dont dry your buds first it's never converting from thc-a into thc. Cooking it in a crockpot decarbs/activates the psychoactive thc but you've yet to create it with your fresh buds.

I do know you dont want all that plant matter just chillin in your butter. Make a giant tea bag with cheese cloth full of dry material & let it simmer to infuse in a crock pot of butter on low for like 8 hours. Give it a squeeze & then pour crockpot contents into smaller containers and then into the fridge. Cut the crappy goop off the bottom & then freeze until ready for use. That's how I've always done it.
I think this was around 6 boxes of butter to a lb of buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom