Wet trimming week before harvest?

• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyGrow309

So I found myself with a thrip problem. Most plants are doing okay but some are getting hit bad. I'm phenohunting a wedding cake right now and some phenos don't seem to be bug resistant at all.

I began trimming some down and will do a one week flush starting tomorrow. Maybe 10 days if I feel the plants can keep going with no issues. Anybody wet trim before to get rid of bugs? Will this trim ruin bud development?

Please spare me your negative comments. I'm showing you the worst plant out of 250 during a pheno hunt. I'm looking for tips to rid bugs and continue flower

Wet trimming week before harvest
Wet trimming week before harvest 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
my god!!
look at this photo zoom!!
IMG 4711

is this a first time grow with 250 plants?
geezus murphy🤦‍♂️..

mancorn

mancorn

Yeah it looks beyond saving. If OP pulls them down (which they should) and want to try and save something, do a H202 bud wash. Lots of info online.

Once you’re done washing, clip into small branches and hang. As the bud dries any newly hatched mites will migrate up the stem and congregate, where you can kill with ISO or just finger smushing. So keep as much branch below the bud (above the bud when hanging) so the mites have somewhere to travel.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah it looks beyond saving. If you pull them down (which you should) and want to try and save something, do a H202 bud wash. Lots of info online.

that will do nothing in this case..
it’s total garbage and they’ll have to renovate beyond cleaning that room/building..
i wouldn’t grow there ever again..

mancorn

mancorn

that will do nothing in this case..
it’s total garbage and they’ll have to renovate beyond cleaning that room/building..
i wouldn’t grow there ever again..
I hear you. I’ve never seen anything like this - it’s waaaaay out of control. The plants need to be removed from the indoor grow area. But I also know how some people do crazy dangerous things to “save” their grows (like spraying that Eagle20 shit). Better to do an outdoor wash/dry. (I’m outdoor myself, so the idea that I could never grow after seeing a mite - heck I saw some in January loving the catmint plants.)

J

JohnnyGrow309

So does anybody have any experience trimming a week before harvest or no? I was expecting the usual "horror, throw it away" comments but at this point the plant is just sucking up its last energy before death so clearly you'd be stupid to throw anything away at this point. Once Hung up and dried the mites aren't a problem anymore. Why would I throw it away?

What's the earliest you've wet trimmed? Or just the usual right before cut down?

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

So does anybody have any experience trimming a week before harvest or no? I was expecting the usual "horror, throw it away" comments but at this point the plant is just sucking up its last energy before death so clearly you'd be stupid to throw anything away at this point. Once Hung up and dried the mites aren't a problem anymore. Why would I throw it away?

What's the earliest you've wet trimmed? Or just the usual right before cut down?
They just told you , you thought they were thrips they are mites ...they told you what you should do if you don't believe them that's on you , good luck. I personally would get rid of it shit happens I'm not messing around. Years ago I was given some mite bud was washed and blah blah blah tried rolling it up was disgusting , was the end of a bad birthday went without Instead ....to each their own. You know it's a loss

J

JohnnyGrow309

They just told you , you thought they were thrips they are mites ...they told you what you should do if you don't believe them that's on you , good luck. I personally would get rid of it shit happens I'm not messing around. Years ago I was given some mite bud was washed and blah blah blah tried rolling it up was disgusting , was the end of a bad birthday went without Instead ....to each their own. You know it's a loss
The trim got rid of them already so I don't get how it's a loss. Whether they're mites or thrips, they're damaging the leaves and ruining my pictures. I'm just asking the forum if anyone has had to trim this early before harvest to see if the buds will suffer for it. Right now they look good.

One idiot commented never grow in that room again and he sounded serious. Another told me to wash my buds with H202. Surely you can see how silly these comments are? This is high in our parents basement type of science.

The mites are already gone I'm just wondering if anyone has trimmed a week before pull down? I'm guessing nobody has?

J

JohnnyGrow309

This is the after picture of the Cola covered in mites btw. I'm not sure if people realized that. I just trimmed the Cola as is but I'm still 8 days from harvest. Wondering if this bud will further harden and swell during flush like usual or if the plant will freak out at the trim and just stagnate. Guess I'll post an update next week since nobody here has trimmed this early before

20230408 020614
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

The trim got rid of them already so I don't get how it's a loss. Whether they're mites or thrips, they're damaging the leaves and ruining my pictures. I'm just asking the forum if anyone has had to trim this early before harvest to see if the buds will suffer for it. Right now they look good.

One idiot commented never grow in that room again and he sounded serious. Another told me to wash my buds with H202. Surely you can see how silly these comments are? This is high in our parents basement type of science.

The mites are already gone I'm just wondering if anyone has trimmed a week before pull down? I'm guessing nobody has?
first that's spidermites not thrips don't even doubt

bud washing is actually a thing, there is various recipe you can find with google but not sure that's help with spidermites.

spidermites is probably the worst thing that can happen to a grow, it's hard to get ride of them and clean the room efficiently enough between grow

"One female can lay up to 20 eggs per day and can live for 2 to 4 weeks, laying hundreds of eggs. This accelerated reproductive rate allows spider mite populations to adapt quickly to resist pesticides, so chemical control methods can become somewhat ineffectual when the same pesticide is used over a prolonged period."

and finnally no you didn't get rid of them just trimming the leaves ...

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

here a few articles you should have a look.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

one idiot?
your the stupid ass who grew 250 plants and don’t have a clue of what your doing.,
your a dumbass..

Moshmen

Moshmen

No body trims while the plant is still growing and I promise the mites are not gone - people do wash the buds in peroxide some people do it every harvest
These are not silly comments
Your bud gonna be full of skeletons of bugs and webs ig ya don’t pitch it- don’t sell it in Florida - well guess it be alright I almost exclusively smoke my own so it b alright - next grow will have mites too try and control them and you might make it to harvest

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Trimming off fans at that point won’t affect the bud finishing that much. May lose a bit of swell. Those mites are def not gone tho. You can knock down their numbers by removing leaves, but they are everywhere. Once you harvest, I would try repeated/prolonged dichlorvos fog or something along those lines. Nuclear winter style. Those fuckers are a bitch even in a small grow space. They are a real mf in a room that size. Bud swell would be the least of my concerns. But yes, I have jacked up grows and ended up removing fans in late flower to deal with bugs (broad mites) and finished ok. Frankly tho, the damage was nowhere close to what you have going on.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this ass has no clue about growing or anything.. how you would not notice this a lot earlier with damaged leaves??
pheno hunting?? surprised he knows the terminology?..
he probably thought they were fading? haha..
looks good on grows like this, dicks with money but are stupid asses..
another trixie or idontkniwhatimdoing..
and quit coddling these types!
they deserve it!..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom