Wet V.s. Dry Trimming?

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDGrows

BDGrows

So I've been reading up on the drying, manicuring and curing processes. I've noticed that there almost is two factions when it comes to trimming and manicuring your buds. The first being a wet trim, and if I've interpreted it correctly, its basically they manicure the buds to look like the final product then hang it to dry. The other is remove larger fan leaves and then manicure the final product when dry. Granted there are variations, but I was wondering the difference between the two; besides the obvious. Is there any benefit to wet or dry curing, also, what is the preferred method and why? Thanks again for all of the help!

- BD

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The slower the better on the dry, a dark room with gently circulating air at about 65% rh is ideal.
The longer the better on the cure, it's like wine in the sense it gets better with age.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Think of it this way, you have spent all this time and effort to create this beautiful flower that took you months of painstaking effort and time to create. Now it's time to dry. You can do it the easy way and wet trim which is easy and saves a lot of time, but you do not get as good of a final flower. When you wet trim you release chlorophyll onto the bud which gives a bitter flavor to your smoke. When you dry trim it is a bit of a pain in the ass but you will thank yourself and your patience will thank you for a much better flower. I've battled this issue for some time and have come to this conclusion.

Freshone

Freshone

Dry trimming is where it's at and don't forget a nice 2 or 3 week cure.

The Terps

The Terps

Whole plant hung 60-65 degrees 50-55% rh till they loose halfish water weight then bum to 60% no direct air movement on plants but adiquite circulation that you feel air gently moving around the room and I pack them tight so the are all touching wet and as they wilt and dry begin to have about 1" between each plant. Then box it up till it's trimmed. No burping cured in turkey bag. That just how I do it.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I am in the chop, remove fans, hang for a week, then do a final trim once dry camp.

The wet round goes straight into the trash, dry trim of the sugar leaves and such gets stored for hash and edibles.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

If you have the time and space do it dry. Dry produces a better bag appeal, flavor and smell. But if you're like me and have more than you can handle and lacking in workers trimming wet gets the job done much faster. I run my big hydro room through a centurion trimmer wet but I will always trim my small organic grows by hand dry.

Top Bottom